Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by kbgnat
Nice score! I'm guessing you scored them via the lottery and meant picking them up from KIX and not NRT, right?
https://www.fasola-shop.com/en/produ...ns_id_eq%5D=22

Fasola at Narita is using pre-order system too now
Old May 25, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
At Narita T2 this morning. All Suntory LE sold out. Only thing available was Hibiki Harmony MS (which I can buy almost anywhere) and the new AO
invalyd likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 7473chad
At Narita T2 this morning. All Suntory LE sold out. Only thing available was Hibiki Harmony MS (which I can buy almost anywhere) and the new AO
I always strike out at T2
7473chad likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:04 pm

Another Tokyo hotel exclusive. The chichibu hype is crazy right now!
Old May 26, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
And another 'world blend'.... Assume Y250,000+?
Old May 26, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by 7473chad
And another 'world blend'.... Assume Y250,000+?
Similar price to Grand Hyatt, but at least this one comes with a box 😂
7473chad likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Similar price to Grand Hyatt, but at least this one comes with a box 😂
Can't believe they are charging for that much for a world blend Ichiro's!! Just crazy to me!!
Old May 26, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h
Can't believe they are charging for that much for a world blend Ichiro's!! Just crazy to me!!
Ichiro's is crazy right now. Almost 1000USD on auction for the US edition. I tried it at a local bar and that should be a $100 bottle tops. Too many flippers driving up the prices!
7473chad likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Interesting how so many Tokyo hotels have collaborated with Ichiro's... The Peninsula, ANA Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt and now Ritz Carlton. Not sure if the Ritz Carlton box is worth the extra 20,000 yen though. I think the Grand Hyatt was about 65,000 yen and the Ritz Carlton was 85,000 yen.

Having said that... do you know if the Ritz had more bottles for sale?
Old May 27, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by groovbusta
Interesting how so many Tokyo hotels have collaborated with Ichiro's... The Peninsula, ANA Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt and now Ritz Carlton. Not sure if the Ritz Carlton box is worth the extra 20,000 yen though. I think the Grand Hyatt was about 65,000 yen and the Ritz Carlton was 85,000 yen.

Having said that... do you know if the Ritz had more bottles for sale?
They had less. Only 250 bottles of this one. Also this is the RC were talking about, of course everything they sell will be marked up like crazy !
Old May 27, 2019, 12:53 am

I guess Blenders Choice is not so rare anymore
Old May 27, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH

KIX now only sells Suntory bottles on a lottery basis. You need to apply for the lottery by Wednesday before your flight departs. I am not sure if this is better worse, seems easy enough for residents of countries close by to apply every week and book a quick flight to pick up if they win.

Wonder if NRT and HND will do the same

https://www.kixdutyfree.jp/en/ComMai...9ch&src=slider
I’m flying INTO KIX soon but out of NRT. Wonder if they’ll let me pick up with an inbound boarding pass..
Old May 27, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by davedimes

I’m flying INTO KIX soon but out of NRT. Wonder if they’ll let me pick up with an inbound boarding pass..
No, they won't. The of whole purpose of duty free is that the goods are not taxed since they will be consumed outside the country.
DGibb likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
No, they won't. The of whole purpose of duty free is that the goods are not taxed since they will be consumed outside the country.
KIX and NRT now have duty free arrival shops. The NRT version explicitly excludes domestic liquor, but judging from the KIX one's list, they do as well.

https://www.anadf.com/arrival/en/ItemList.aspx
Old May 27, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
KIX and NRT now have duty free arrival shops. The NRT version explicitly excludes domestic liquor, but judging from the KIX one's list, they do as well.

https://www.anadf.com/arrival/en/ItemList.aspx
Yes, as you mention those shops don't carry any Suntory and OP's question was specifically about the lottery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.