Reload this Page >

Special flavor Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special flavor Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:02 am

Tried the matcha/green tea kit kat and it is one of the worst things I ever tried...
It was super sweet like eating pure sugar.

Now I am afraid of the other kit kat flavours...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:11 am

There are multiple types of green tea KitKat

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 6, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The Kit Kat Tokyo Banana is quite nice.
Just goes to show how one man's meat is another man's poison. I adore flavoured kit kats except the tokyo banana one. Ate one mini pack and gave away the rest in the box.
LCUF likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
Just goes to show how one man's meat is another man's poison. I adore flavoured kit kats except the tokyo banana one. Ate one mini pack and gave away the rest in the box.
I've never had tokyo banana kit kat, but it can't be any worse than tokyo banana itself.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the hojicha kitkat very much as well. In general I find hojicha is quite good as a flavour for sweets.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:34 am

Does anyone know if the sampler pack that was mentioned in this thread many years ago still exists and if so where can I find one?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauq
Does anyone know if the sampler pack that was mentioned in this thread many years ago still exists and if so where can I find one?
The one from years ago will be long gone. There have been a few different kinds since then - and they are also unavailable.
For now there is this anniversary box
https://shop.nestle.jp/front/content...l/45th_assort/

Details in English, including how to buy it, can be found here
https://soranews24.com/2018/11/26/al...-limited-time/
pauq likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
The one from years ago will be long gone. There have been a few different kinds since then - and they are also unavailable.

That looks great. Thanks LapLap. Hopefully they are still available in a couple of weeks.
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap

Originally Posted by pauq
That looks great. Thanks LapLap. Hopefully they are still available in a couple of weeks.
I recall seeing a kitkat chocolatory mini-section in Narita T1 int'l airside (not just a shelf of kitkat at the airport dutyfree store) . I bet they'll have something like that (expensive) too
pauq likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just went to my local big box grocery (lamenting the removal of stock of the house-brand Levant/middle eastern stuff in my very Anglo area) and found that two flavours of Japanese Ktt Kat are not on offer.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Green Tea Kitkats en route to the Europe !

Hi,

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/20/green...ng-uk-8688051/

Green tea Kit kats will be rolling out acorss europe ( 8 countries as a trial including the UK) in due course

No date as to when or where they will be stocked.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:51 am

Green tea kit kats actually run a wide gamut.
Just amongst the kitkats produced in Jpn with Jpnese packaging, there have been different generations and different variations.
A decade or so ago, I tried a Kyoto-only one that was a collaboration btwn Kitkat and a famous green tea producer and it blew me away.
But it had been a long time since I'd actually had a decent maccha kitkat. This even includes the special Ito Kyuemon maccha kitkat, whose maccha flavor was watered down.

Recently I decided to give it another try. I got the one called "Maccha no chikara," and I feel like they finally got it right again. I have not seen that one in Seattle/Vancouver.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:18 pm

Oh, how much I miss the Yubari Melon Kit Kat from Hokkaidō (c. 2011/2012) - tried most of them afterwards, but never anything quite like that...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
Oh, how much I miss the Yubari Melon Kit Kat from Hokkaidō (c. 2011/2012) - tried most of them afterwards, but never anything quite like that...
So Yubari Melon kit kats tasted great back in 2011-12, but the same ones not as good since?
I believe it... this is what's wrong with gotouchi Kit Kat. They come out with something really good, then for some reason they change the formula in their subsequent production or in nationally-distributed products.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
So Yubari Melon kit kats tasted great back in 2011-12, but the same ones not as good since?
I believe it... this is what's wrong with gotouchi Kit Kat. They come out with something really good, then for some reason they change the formula in their subsequent production or in nationally-distributed products.
Probably cheaper ingredients. Happens everywhere unfortunately. I actually just noticed this with the regular Tokyo Banana. First time I tried it a few years ago it was delicious but I just bought a box last week and it doesn't taste nearly as good as I remember. Maybe it's because it's one week from expiring but I doubt that would have such a huge impact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.