Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to International First from Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:11 am
Original Poster

I’m soon flying HND-LHR in Business on a D class fare. On the website it gives me the option to upgrade to First for 48,000 miles, but no cash or bid option.

I remember years ago, some regional JAL flights within Asia would offer cash upgrades from Economy to Business at check-in ( ex; PEK-HND for 50,000yen).

I was hoping of having a similar option for upcoming flight to London. Has anyone been offered cash upgrades with JAL at check in?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stmtokyo12
I’m soon flying HND-LHR in Business on a D class fare. On the website it gives me the option to upgrade to First for 48,000 miles, but no cash or bid option.

I remember years ago, some regional JAL flights within Asia would offer cash upgrades from Economy to Business at check-in ( ex; PEK-HND for 50,000yen).

I was hoping of having a similar option for upcoming flight to London. Has anyone been offered cash upgrades with JAL at check in?
​​​​​I have never seen a cash upgrade offer from Y to J on JAL. There is Y to PY as a default.

J to F s possible if you use miles. Cash upgrade is not an option. Bid is only Y/PY to J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.