Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL F and J meal pictures and discussions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 9:17 am

HND to ORD on April 20, 2024.

Pretty much the same menu as earlier post of HND to DFW flight. Service was excellent and food was delicious. We usually get the Japanese meal when flying JAL First, but after 14 days in Japan, we were ready for some "Western" food, and the International Menu really hit the spot.

Before takeoff, one of the First cabin crew members asked me our reason for visiting Japan, and I told her we spent the past 18 days visiting Taiwan, then Japan, to celebrate my partner's 60th birthday. She asked if it was "today" (April 20th) and I told her actually it's "tomorrow" (April 21). After I woke up from my nap (about 1.5 hrs prior to landing), the lead First class attendant approached me and asked me if they could wake my partner up (he was still sleeping so that they could present him with a birthday surprise). She told me the other attendant informed her that it was my partner's birthday on the 21st, and they wanted to help him celebrate. I told her yes, of course, he can sleep later at home! LOL It was a very kind gesture by the First Class team, and my partner really appreciated it!

There were four of us in First, and only three were enjoying the Salon, so we all got nice share of the bottle.

Starters of gizzards and squid

The butter roll was really good, and what I really appreciate about the service was that the bread plate came out hot to keep the breads warm longer! That's First Class service!

Goat Milk Bavarois

Nicoise Salad Terrine

Seafood Sausage

We wanted to try the Mori Izo since it is hard to find. It wasn't to our liking, but we still purchased a bottle as a gift for a friend we think will appreciate it.

Sea Bream

Sea Bream

The other champagne

Red wine for my steak

Wagyu beef fillet

I asked for really small pieces so that I could sample the cheeses, and they were happy to provide just a taste of all five cheeses -- all from HOkkaido

Strawberry shortcake

After my nap, I started with some herbal tea

Then had some Royal Blue Tea

Wagyu curry

Fruits

My partner, after he was woken up by the lead First Class attendant, ordered something "healthy" and got the vegan wraps. (I think he was still asleep when he ordered this instead of all the other options, LOL)

The attendants insisted I sit with my partner for a picture. They presented him with desserts and a model plane -- both decorated to say happy birthday. They also put little bows on the champagne flutes. Apologies that this isn't the best picture as I had to crop it.

Dessert

Decorations on model plane

Old May 10, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: VS Gold
LHR-HND in F vs CDG-HND: catering quality the same?

Wondering if catering is any better from either origin?

Also, can I use any LHR OW carrier lounge as a OW Emerald?
Old May 10, 2024, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by maxmin

I feel the catering is better out of Paris.
Any OW lounge in T3, you can't access T5 for the BA lounges there, nor T4 for the Qatar lounge.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I feel the catering is better out of Paris.
Any OW lounge in T3, you can't access T5 for the BA lounges there, nor T4 for the Qatar lounge.
Thanks for the quick reply! I wish you'd said ex-LHR was better That would be a slightly better connection for me. Hopefully not a huge difference in quality.

I think I'll take the Cathay lounge over the BA lounge, in general.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by maxmin

There is an endless discussion over on the BA forum about the OW lounges at LHR T3:

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

TLDR: CX F is very good, but small and can get overcrowded. I think a JAL F ticket gets you into the F Dining section in the BA First Lounge, where premium Champagne awaits. Why not try both?

FWIW having done LHR-HND once (and never ex-CDG, so can't compare), I thought the food was just about the best I've had anywhere, let alone on a plane. But then I'm a cheese on toast guy
Old May 11, 2024, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
JL 256 Hij to hnd 30th april

Hi

Lunch on the 1205 jl 256 hij hiroshima to haneda on 30th april

Postcard of aircraft handed out by crew. Postcard covering a birthday card as I flew on my birthday

Lunch on jl 256 f

The dessert ( creme brule pie)

Had the sake ( excellent) and the jal sky time drink.
also had coffee after lunch

Regards

Tbs
maxmin likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by rtaylore
There is an endless discussion over on the BA forum about the OW lounges at LHR T3:

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

TLDR: CX F is very good, but small and can get overcrowded. I think a JAL F ticket gets you into the F Dining section in the BA First Lounge, where premium Champagne awaits. Why not try both?

FWIW having done LHR-HND once (and never ex-CDG, so can't compare), I thought the food was just about the best I've had anywhere, let alone on a plane. But then I'm a cheese on toast guy
I decided to stick with CDG having looked at the two menus and I prefer the offerings on the Paris route. Also the CDG menu appears to be created by a specific chef so that makes it interesting!

Plus I trust the opinion of CPH-Flyer 😁
Old May 11, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
JAL domestic F meal from HND to ITM (approx. 45 minutes in the air) several days ago. The drink in front of the water is Mori Izo shochu.

joejones and MP001 like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
JAL domestic F meal from HND to ITM (approx. 45 minutes in the air) several days ago. The drink in front of the water is Mori Izo shochu.

I had that menu recently to Okinawa, I found it pretty tasty
Unimatrix One and DFW1003 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.