Search

BOS Departure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
BOS Departure

Hi Everyone,

Curious if anyone can help here. I'm flying into BOS on a Jet Blue flight connecting to a JAL flight from BOS-NRT-BKK. Separate reservations. I'm planning on my PCR test to coincide with my BOS departure and be 72 hours prior to that, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Will I need to exit security and go to the ticket counter to get all my documents checked or is that something I can do at the gate since I'll already be past security?

I get into BOS about two hours prior to my JAL flight and not checking any bags so ticket counter will be open, but really want to maximize my time in the BA lounge as it seems really nice.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JAL has online check in, but like so many other airlines, they are not going to issue a boarding pass due to the document check. In principle they can do that at the gate.

The current default lounge for JAL is Air France, as the BA lounge opens later than the JAL check in counters. Under OW rules, you can of course go to the BA lounge when it opens.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Got it...OLCI, then ticket counter to get documents checked and BP. Appreciate it!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
With 2 hours on separate tickets... I sure hope you aren't trying this in winter (especially during a snowstorm)!

You can try going directly to the gate, but to be safe you may just want to go to their check-in desks anyway. It is was me, only if their check-in desks closed already would I go straight to the gate (even if I used OLCI)
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I adjusted my schedule to fly in the day before just in case. Didn't want to risk mis-connecting...while first flights out in the am rarely get delayed, don't want to take that chance. Luckily, B6 let me change with no fees. Also have a back-up plan to get a COVID test in the airport on arrival in case my testing in Tampa before departure falls through.
18wheeler_vanrekt likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Which version of B787 does JL operate on the BOS-NRT route?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
JAL7/8 is a 789 (current plane en route is: JA867J) with J/PE/Y
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Which version of B787 does JL operate on the BOS-NRT route?
Seems to be a mix of Sky Suite and Sky Suite III
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Seems to be a mix of Sky Suite and Sky Suite III
My flight (JAL7) on 12/27 is a Sky Suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.