Concerning email from JAL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Concerning email from JAL

Just got this email from JAL about my upcoming trip:

------------------
This email is sent to all customers including those who do not subscribe to email news due to importance of the content. This email may also be sent to the following customers.
・Customers who have already cancelled their reservation.
・Customers who will not enter Japan and in transit to another destination country.
------------------
Thank you for choosing the JAL Group for your travel.

Due to there being an extremely large number of passengers booked to arrive in Japan, customers can expect lengthy delays in their arrival processing procedures. Please be prepared for a long wait and ensure you have all your necessary belongings with you. And, because of these delays, please be sure to leave enough time between your expected arrival and any following travel or activity plans.

++ Providing a safe and secure travel experience
The JAL Group will continue to take precautionary measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in order to deliver safe and secure air travel to all customers. Please be sure to check "Requests for our guests" from the URL below. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?...W5qp1t8&typo=1
--------------------

Did anyone else get this? Do you know if this is applying to those entering Japan, transiting via NRT, or both?

A bit concerning as I have about two hours between arrival and departure flights.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Just got this email from JAL about my upcoming trip:

------------------
This email is sent to all customers including those who do not subscribe to email news due to importance of the content. This email may also be sent to the following customers.
・Customers who have already cancelled their reservation.
・Customers who will not enter Japan and in transit to another destination country.
------------------
Thank you for choosing the JAL Group for your travel.

Due to there being an extremely large number of passengers booked to arrive in Japan, customers can expect lengthy delays in their arrival processing procedures. Please be prepared for a long wait and ensure you have all your necessary belongings with you. And, because of these delays, please be sure to leave enough time between your expected arrival and any following travel or activity plans.

++ Providing a safe and secure travel experience
The JAL Group will continue to take precautionary measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in order to deliver safe and secure air travel to all customers. Please be sure to check "Requests for our guests" from the URL below. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?...W5qp1t8&typo=1
--------------------

Did anyone else get this? Do you know if this is applying to those entering Japan, transiting via NRT, or both?

A bit concerning as I have about two hours between arrival and departure flights.
As far as I know transit passengers are disembarked first and separated from passengers ending their journey in Japan who then go through testing and selection for hotels etc. I am sure you will be fine. We got the same and we are terminating in HND on Saturday.....dreading the whole quarantine experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.