Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Foreign Based Crews

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up JAL Foreign Based Crews

Hello everyone,

I understand that JAL has cabin attendants base in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Shanghai, Taipei etc, and they are flying on the USA/European flights.

Anyone knows which routes are they flying to?

I rode JL60/69 KIX-LAX and was surprised to find some Shanghai base cabin attendants on the flight.

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Flew those flights a few times and there were at least a few China Cabin Attendants on that route.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i think its all random?
I've overheard some HKG crew flew to ORD when they were deadheading back to HKG.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
i think its all random?
I've overheard some HKG crew flew to ORD when they were deadheading back to HKG.
No, it's not. They have a few patterns to choose from. The SHA based CA on KIX-LAX flight mentioned by OP won't be flying NRT-LAX e.g.

Believe it's YVR, ORD and CDG for HKG crew. These routes/patterns change over time. They used to put HKG crew on NRT-LAX too and CDG was added a couple years ago.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by JALPak
No, it's not. They have a few patterns to choose from. The SHA based CA on KIX-LAX flight mentioned by OP won't be flying NRT-LAX e.g.

Believe it's YVR, ORD and CDG for HKG crew. These routes/patterns change over time. They used to put HKG crew on NRT-LAX too and CDG was added a couple years ago.

I wouldn't use the word "choose", since they cannot make a choice. But there is a pattern scheduled by JAL.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Chromie25
I wouldn't use the word "choose", since they cannot make a choice. But there is a pattern scheduled by JAL.
CAs can choose the pattern and will stay on that pattern. E.g. JFK, FRA, BKK (or could be CGK not 100% sure) were one of them and CAs will be scheduled just to fly these flights. Choices for outport based crews are probably more limited.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak

Talked to the CAs on my flight from NRT to SAN. It is correct that the foreign based CAs only have a few ports to choose from.

NRT to SAN is Thai based CAs.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:52 am

I had 1 Thai CA from NGO-HNL 2 years ago.

And does JL still have Filipino crew? I know they had when Jalways was still around.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maortega15
I had 1 Thai CA from NGO-HNL 2 years ago.

And does JL still have Filipino crew? I know they had when Jalways was still around.
I don't think so. Only Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Taipei, Shanghai for Asia.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:21 am

OVS BASE

Hi. JALhad posted little info on OVS BASEs on their FB long time ago.
The routes/flights each base flies changes every 3yrs or so. Or, with new route opens, shuffle happens.
Not sure if info outdated, here is interesting info on SIN base.

Historically, YVR by HKG / LAX by SIN. But when JALways merged, BKK takes LAX. (NGO/KIX-BKK/HNL:Thai chief purser available since then. )

with recent ant expansion of networks, shuffle continues (CDG by Asian crew, SYD by LHR etc)
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tj jl
The routes/flights each base flies changes every 3yrs or so. Or, with new route opens, shuffle happens.

Historically, YVR by HKG / LAX by SIN. But when JALways merged, BKK takes LAX. (NGO/KIX-BKK/HNL:Thai chief purser available since then. )

with recent ant expansion of networks, shuffle continues (CDG by Asian crew, SYD by LHR etc)
I have never seen anyone from the LHR base on SYD flights. I have done the Sydney run quite frequently the last two years.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Tj jl

I haven't seen SIN CAs on LAX flights for a very long time.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Revisiting this topic after 3 years (and in times of COVID) - do we still see foreign based cabin attendants on flights to USA now? Which routes are they flying? I heard Thai based CA is still flying JL62 from NRT to LAX.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by ma930407
Revisiting this topic after 3 years (and in times of COVID) - do we still see foreign based cabin attendants on flights to USA now? Which routes are they flying? I heard Thai based CA is still flying JL62 from NRT to LAX.
KUL now staffed entirely by Japan base crews, previously they will have at least 3 HKG crews (not sure the rationale of this other than better english speaking skills??)
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by ma930407
Flew JL69 (LAX-KIX) recently. I didn't notice to any crew member who appeared to be non-Japanese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.