Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

What Are All The Intra-Asia F Routes Served by JL? Ex-NRT if it matters

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Are All The Intra-Asia F Routes Served by JL? Ex-NRT if it matters

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
The problem is, based on my intense searching of Dec, 2016 inventory, most dates exUS have 2 F on JL when the window opens and not snapped up for a while. While you're lucky to get one 1 F on CX at window open.

So the problem is not of miles needed, but of inventory available if you're traveling with a partner.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
So now that JL is pulling F from CGK and SYD, what's remaining as far as JL F routes from NRT/HND? Only the ultra-longhauls to CDG / JFK / ORD / LAX / SFO?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
So now that JL is pulling F from CGK and SYD, what's remaining as far as JL F routes from NRT/HND? Only the ultra-longhauls to CDG / JFK / ORD / LAX / SFO?
NRT - ITM
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Add LHR to that. But yes.

Originally Posted by calhk
NRT - ITM
You may get the seats on certain departures. But not the service.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:55 pm

Will either CGK or SYD have F returning during the winter 2017-18? I always thought that these were seasonal F routes. The USA JAL site currently lists these routes with 777-300ER equipment until Oct28. I have an AONE4 and it would be nice if one of those routes had F.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Will either CGK or SYD have F returning during the winter 2017-18? I always thought that these were seasonal F routes. The USA JAL site currently lists these routes with 777-300ER equipment until Oct28. I have an AONE4 and it would be nice if one of those routes had F.
Difficult to say, but it will depend on how New York performs with both flights having F from the summer schedule.

Frankfurt used to be the route alternating with Sydney for F service, but that has now gone permanently J only. Where as all the other routes have been F all year round.

If New York does not perform, anything can happen. Bangkok got a month of F in between Sydney and Jakarta stopping and New York starting. Maybe that is an indication. Who knows... To early to guess really.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Add LHR to that. But yes.
Oops, missed that one, yep.

Originally Posted by headinclouds
I have a late July flight on SYD-NRT and it's just been downgauged to J on a 789.

My early July flight from CGK is still holding, but JL has zeroed out all F space on CGK from March 1 onwards, so I'm somehow not particularly optimistic.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops, missed that one, yep.

I have a late July flight on SYD-NRT and it's just been downgauged to J on a 789.

My early July flight from CGK is still holding, but JL has zeroed out all F space on CGK from March 1 onwards, so I'm somehow not particularly optimistic.
CGK is already confirmed to lose F from the summer Schedule. JL3/4 is being upgraded to have F, they need 2 77W frames to do that. One from SYD and one from CGK.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 2, 2017 at 1:12 am Reason: Left out an 'L'
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
CGK is already confirmed to lose F from the summer Schedule. J3/4 is being upgarded to have F, they need 2 77W frames to do that. One from SYD and one from CGK.
Whats J3/4?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:18 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Whats J3/4?
JL003 and JL004
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
JL003 and JL004
Duh. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.