Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

What Are All The Intra-Asia F Routes Served by JL? Ex-NRT if it matters

Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Arrow What Are All The Intra-Asia F Routes Served by JL? Ex-NRT if it matters

hi jal folks,

just curious what are some of the other intra-asia routes served by JL in the same intl configured F class cabins?

the most well known one is ofc the CGK route from NRT. are there are any others? do any other airports from around Japan have JL F service to other Asian cities?

thanks!

Last edited by HouFly; Dec 20, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:34 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
CGK is the only one as of now.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:42 am

Is the F class to cgk expected to remain for the future? I'm hoping to travel in f at the end of this year. thanks
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:54 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Is the F class to cgk expected to remain for the future? I'm hoping to travel in f at the end of this year. thanks

you won't know till late summer
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying around the world
As of now you are good until the end of March from when it switches to the 787. This could change when the new schedule is released
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:00 pm

Along the same lines, I'm booking an F award on JL from SFO/LAX/JFK and want to maximize my AA miles before they go up in price. Which routes from HND/NRT are most likely to have a first route to the rest of Asia? My flight will be December 2016 so that might be a difficult question to answer, but any thoughts are helpful. Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:16 pm

Along the same lines, I'm booking an F award on JL from SFO/LAX/JFK and want to maximize my AA miles before they go up in price. Which routes from HND/NRT are most likely to have a first route to the rest of Asia? My flight will be December 2016 so that might be a difficult question to answer, but any thoughts are helpful. Thanks.
If you want to maximize your redemption value, route through HKG. It will be much more expensive to fly on CX F after the devaluation compared to the one on JL.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The best guess is Jakarta, as it has been recurring. However, no real way to know. NH introduced F to Singapore, if it is doing well maybe JAL will follow.

However, it is not like JL has a lot of spare capacity in F to expand the F routes in Asia. And maybe there will be no F in Asia if the planes are needed elsewhere.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
If you want to maximize your redemption value, route through HKG. It will be much more expensive to fly on CX F after the devaluation compared to the one on JL.
No, it is the same amount to fly to Asia 2 destinations on JL via NRT and CX via HKG.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
No, it is the same amount to fly to Asia 2 destinations on JL via NRT and CX via HKG.
You misunderstood my point
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:42 pm

You misunderstood my point
What was your point? If I didn't get it then I'm sure CPH-Flyer didn't either.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:49 pm

What was your point? If I didn't get it then I'm sure CPH-Flyer didn't either.
Don't drag CPH-Flyer into this. Look at future CX F cost vs future JL F cost instead of entire routing. You could have experienced JL F at much lower cost in the future. Another reason you should consider routing your F award via HKG instead.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:36 am

Don't drag CPH-Flyer into this. Look at future CX F cost vs future JL F cost instead of entire routing. You could have experienced JL F at much lower cost in the future. Another reason you should consider routing your F award via HKG instead.
Here is the miles required after March 22 for US to Vietnam:

CX via Hong Kong RT F-220K J-140K
JL via Narita RT RT F-220K J-140K
AA via Narita RT F-220K J-140K

No matter which airline you fly the cost in miles is the same. If you are only going to Japan it is less miles than if only going to Hong Kong. Japan is Asia 1 and Hong Kong is Asia 2.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:38 am

Here is the miles required after March 22 for US to Vietnam:

CX via Hong Kong RT F-220K J-140K
JL via Narita RT RT F-220K J-140K
AA via Narita RT F-220K J-140K

No matter which airline you fly the cost in miles is the same. If you are only going to Japan it is less miles than if only going to Hong Kong. Japan is Asia 1 and Hong Kong is Asia 2.
You still don't get the point and there's no point of explaining this further (or in the first place)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:04 am

You still don't get the point and there's no point of explaining this further (or in the first place)
After devaluation, NA-Japan in first is 80k, whereas NA-HKG is 110k. You can't fly on CX to go to Japan so your minimum ticket price is 110k if you fly on CX. If you only go to Japan, it's 80k. Therefore, this is the last time CX First will be cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.