JAL award availability

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 10, 18, 3:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tokyoite
Wiki Link
Please do NOT post your questions here if you are redeeming VIA A PARTNER, e.g. AA, BA, CX, AS, etc.

This thread is about JMB award availability. Questions on partner availability should be posted on the corresponding partner forum as their availability could be different from JMB's.

Relevant threads for selected partners are as follows:

AA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html
AS: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ll-cabins.html

Deadlines for Award Reservations
12:00 (departure city time), 4 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector (not including the day of departure) . See link here.
Promotion for International Award Tickets for Limited Days of the Week. See link here.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 1, 19, 3:44 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jix View Post
Is this still a thing? I emailed using the online form and got a standard reply that they have no control over inventory and the language used does not even acknowledge that a request to contact inventory control can be forwarded. Will calling phone agent help?

This is for a waitlisted F seat, with F6 still in 4 months to go.
Do you have a reason that you need to clear the reservation now? It’s four months out, there’s plenty of time left.

i haven’t done this recently...I have been piling up miles without redeeming anything for a while
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:03 pm
jix

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, JGC Premier, IHG Platinum, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

Do you have a reason that you need to clear the reservation now? Itís four months out, thereís plenty of time left.

i havenít done this recently...I have been piling up miles without redeeming anything for a while
I've been on waitlist for a month now for this particular flight and would like to ticket it to firm plan. Another flight 11 months away was confirmed just few days after placing request.
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:11 pm

I've been on waitlist for a month now for this particular flight and would like to ticket it to firm plan. Another flight 11 months away was confirmed just few days after placing request.
You need to firm up your plan isn't a reason for them to clear it for you. Just redeem a C/PY/Y award and waitlist for the F assuming they allow you to do that.
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Is this still a thing? I emailed using the online form and got a standard reply that they have no control over inventory and the language used does not even acknowledge that a request to contact inventory control can be forwarded. Will calling phone agent help?

This is for a waitlisted F seat, with F6 still in 4 months to go.
F6 could indicate that the award seat(s) being released initially are booked, and then typically nothing more happens until two weeks or so out, unless there is a cancellation
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:34 pm
jix

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, JGC Premier, IHG Platinum, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
You need to firm up your plan isn't a reason for them to clear it for you. Just redeem a C/PY/Y award and waitlist for the F assuming they allow you to do that.
It's not, but I figure they can forward a email request to see if they'll open up a seat or something. I've never redeemed JMB miles before and thought they have special priority for JGC members.

I don't think changes are allowed on award per the new rules, it will require cancellation of the existing then issue a new award, plus applicable fees.
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:51 pm

It's not, but I figure they can forward a email request to see if they'll open up a seat or something. I've never redeemed JMB miles before and thought they have special priority for JGC members.

I don't think changes are allowed on award per the new rules, it will require cancellation of the existing then issue a new award, plus applicable fees.
you are already on the priority waitlist. The small refund fee is just a small price to pay if you want to firm your dates now. And they may not even open up the seats anyway.