Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:44 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jix
Is this still a thing? I emailed using the online form and got a standard reply that they have no control over inventory and the language used does not even acknowledge that a request to contact inventory control can be forwarded. Will calling phone agent help?

This is for a waitlisted F seat, with F6 still in 4 months to go.
Do you have a reason that you need to clear the reservation now? It’s four months out, there’s plenty of time left.

i haven’t done this recently...I have been piling up miles without redeeming anything for a while
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:03 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak

Do you have a reason that you need to clear the reservation now? It’s four months out, there’s plenty of time left.

i haven’t done this recently...I have been piling up miles without redeeming anything for a while
I've been on waitlist for a month now for this particular flight and would like to ticket it to firm plan. Another flight 11 months away was confirmed just few days after placing request.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jix
I've been on waitlist for a month now for this particular flight and would like to ticket it to firm plan. Another flight 11 months away was confirmed just few days after placing request.
You need to firm up your plan isn't a reason for them to clear it for you. Just redeem a C/PY/Y award and waitlist for the F assuming they allow you to do that.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jix
Is this still a thing? I emailed using the online form and got a standard reply that they have no control over inventory and the language used does not even acknowledge that a request to contact inventory control can be forwarded. Will calling phone agent help?

This is for a waitlisted F seat, with F6 still in 4 months to go.
F6 could indicate that the award seat(s) being released initially are booked, and then typically nothing more happens until two weeks or so out, unless there is a cancellation
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:34 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak
You need to firm up your plan isn't a reason for them to clear it for you. Just redeem a C/PY/Y award and waitlist for the F assuming they allow you to do that.
It's not, but I figure they can forward a email request to see if they'll open up a seat or something. I've never redeemed JMB miles before and thought they have special priority for JGC members.

I don't think changes are allowed on award per the new rules, it will require cancellation of the existing then issue a new award, plus applicable fees.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jix
It's not, but I figure they can forward a email request to see if they'll open up a seat or something. I've never redeemed JMB miles before and thought they have special priority for JGC members.

I don't think changes are allowed on award per the new rules, it will require cancellation of the existing then issue a new award, plus applicable fees.
you are already on the priority waitlist. The small refund fee is just a small price to pay if you want to firm your dates now. And they may not even open up the seats anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
Wrong thread post sorry!

Last edited by mosfet; Jun 22, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:04 am
THR

Urgh. I booked an award (via EK) for June, with the return leg a few days later (my plan was to shift the return to the desired date, when EK can access/make the booking).

It looks like there is no availability at all on partners for NRT-SYD from mid June onwards. Any idea whether this is all taken or whether it will open up? NRT-MEL seems to have some availability but don't really want to do a domestic leg.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by THR
Urgh. I booked an award (via EK) for June, with the return leg a few days later (my plan was to shift the return to the desired date, when EK can access/make the booking).

It looks like there is no availability at all on partners for NRT-SYD from mid June onwards. Any idea whether this is all taken or whether it will open up? NRT-MEL seems to have some availability but don't really want to do a domestic leg.
not much availability is expected in this busy northern summer season. Better grab whatever you can get, even if it is not optimum. Or fly the more expensive partner award on QF
or jetstar!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:15 pm
THR

I guess I’m just a little surprised as it’s NRT-SYD - so going to our winter. It seems like they haven’t released availability at all.

Maybe because it’s a 788 and not a 789 during that period?

Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
JL award availability has went from normally at least 2 seats in J at T-330 to practically none ever, with the change to dynamic pricing, and if anything then at 1.5x, 2x, sometimes even 3-4x, of the normal price. It's pretty much as bad, if not even worse, than Delta and Hawaiian nowadays. Are there any tricks and any way to still book normally, or at least close to normal, priced JL flights? Talking about HNL-KIX/NGO/NRT/HND flights here.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RealHJ
JL award availability has went from normally at least 2 seats in J at T-330 to practically none ever, with the change to dynamic pricing, and if anything then at 1.5x, 2x, sometimes even 3-4x, of the normal price. It's pretty much as bad, if not even worse, than Delta and Hawaiian nowadays. Are there any tricks and any way to still book normally, or at least close to normal, priced JL flights? Talking about HNL-KIX/NGO/NRT/HND flights here.
The JMB availability opens at 355 days out now, so if you are looking at 330, you are giving other members a 25 day headstart on snatching the availability.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The JMB availability opens at 355 days out now, so if you are looking at 330, you are giving other members a 25 day headstart on snatching the availability.
Sorry, yes, I meant to say it used to be 330. Now even at 355 days out, right at release time, still nothing at normal level, often already 2x-3x or even higher.

The pattern of X seats at normal price, or even a bit higher than normal that still is available also to other OW airlines to book, is no more. Is that correct? It used to be that right at T-330 10:00 JST, you had a few minutes (sometimes seconds, but usually minutes) to get J seats at normal price. Now that no longer applies, it appears.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:09 am
THR

It seems that over the last two weeks, on release, there is nothing available for partner awards. I note that this is a recent change.

I know that the Olympics are on next year, so it's going to be a busy period (albeit, it's still June being released, not July), but surprised that pretty much all flights ex Japan are being 'dynamically priced' at a higher rate automatically.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THR
It seems that over the last two weeks, on release, there is nothing available for partner awards. I note that this is a recent change.

I know that the Olympics are on next year, so it's going to be a busy period (albeit, it's still June being released, not July), but surprised that pretty much all flights ex Japan are being 'dynamically priced' at a higher rate automatically.
Though this thread is not for partner availability, the point here is that partners now open after JMB, so by the time partners get their chance, JMB has already booked. I think closest after is BA that opens at 350 days out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.