Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Migration date: Nov 16 2017

Handling Procedure Changes: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
  • Domestic ticket/awards will be valid for 1 year from the day after issuance date
  • Single 6 alphanumeric PNR will be used for entire itinerary instead of 4 digit PNR for each sector on domestic flights
  • No longer allows separation payments of Y and Class J/Domestic F upgrade fees
  • Credit card number will no longer be accepted as authentication method
  • Fares eligible for waitlisting will be reduced but deadline will be extended from T-48 to T-24
  • Can no longer change to an earlier flight when flying on domestic awards
  • ePoints will be refundable on awards and can specify the amount allocated on multiple passengers instead of splitting them equally
  • Some other ePoints enhancements on award tax/fee payments, JALPAK package payment will be refundable, etc

A lot more changes coming e.g. surface sector won't be included in total mileage calculation for award redemption: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/jmb/inter.html

Upcoming system outages and OLCI suspensions/changes: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/maintenance/?inbound=ar
Print Wikipost

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:56 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by fumitani
will file one soon as soon as i figure out all the problems and tricks with the new site
they gave me a satisfactory survey and guess what I put in as improvements? I want pre-Amadeus seat blocking back! And JMB FLY ON members should have preferential treatments on seat and award!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
they gave me a satisfactory survey and guess what I put in as improvements? I want pre-Amadeus seat blocking back! And JMB FLY ON members should have preferential treatments on seat and award!
My feedback to them as well
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My feedback to them as well
keep sending those in and hopefully they will change lol
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Just got my first ever JL boarding pass from Amadeus. Looks like the status is messed up. I am now a JMGM instead of JGCM? Make sure you bring your status card now or you may not get the JGC tags Will see if it updates my status correctly after this trip. I should be listed as JGPM for my next fight.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Just got my first ever JL boarding pass from Amadeus. Looks like the status is messed up. I am now a JMGM instead of JGCM? Make sure you bring your status card now or you may not get the JGC tags Will see if it updates my status correctly after this trip. I should be listed as JGPM for my next fight.
I noticed a new notation on my boarding pass as well. Will have to dive in to my bag and see if I still have the boarding pass. I got the right tags though. I'll see if I have my older boarding passes as well, so see if this is more than once, I should have 5 past 16th of November if I as usual just stashed them in the usual pocket in my bag.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

I noticed a new notation on my boarding pass as well. Will have to dive in to my bag and see if I still have the boarding pass. I got the right tags though. I'll see if I have my older boarding passes as well, so see if this is more than once, I should have 5 past 16th of November if I as usual just stashed them in the usual pocket in my bag.
but they didn’t show those notations on the old international boarding pass. They just put JGC Sapphire before. Only remember seeing those notations on domestic boarding passes before. I should check the ones I got in the past few days to see what notations they put there.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

The domestic boarding passes still have the correct notation and shows JGCM. Will see what the actual international pass print out when I get to NRT in 20 min or so.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but they didn’t show those notations on the old international boarding pass. They just put JGC Sapphire before. Only remember seeing those notations on domestic boarding passes before. I should check the ones I got in the past few days to see what notations they put there.
It used to say Emerald and (I think) JML on my international boarding passes. It looked different this time, and I wanted to compare, but got away from it again.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:28 am
Original Poster

It used to say Emerald and (I think) JML on my international boarding passes. It looked different this time, and I wanted to compare, but got away from it again.
the agent gave me the JGC tags but she thought I am Sapphire only. She couldn’t figure out why and is calling JGC now LOL
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the agent gave me the JGC tags but she thought I am Sapphire only. She couldn’t figure out why and is calling JGC now LOL
My sapphire only colleague got JGC tags going to Ho Chi Minh City the other day. So there maybe is a bit of a mess up.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

My sapphire only colleague got JGC tags going to Ho Chi Minh City the other day. So there maybe is a bit of a mess up.
turns out we all got it wrong, including the check-in agent! JMB Sapphire is above JGC Sapphire in the food chain! Because those free losers with no status and JGC Crystal both get JCGM! So they have been displaying the lower status for me until now. Domestic system hasn’t been migrated over so I got the lower status on my boarding pass yesterday.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

turns out we all got it wrong, including the check-in agent! JMB Sapphire is above JGC Sapphire in the food chain! Because those free losers with no status and JGC Crystal both get JCGM! So they have been displaying the lower status for me until now. Domestic system hasn’t been migrated over so I got the lower status on my boarding pass yesterday.
Interesting....
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Interesting....
she had a long phone call to JGC so hopefully she’s correct. And at least that’s one thing that works out better after the migration LOL
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

she had a long phone call to JGC so hopefully she’s correct. And at least that’s one thing that works out better after the migration LOL
Do how does that work for luggage delivery? Until now it has been F tagged, JGC tagged, business class tagged. With sapphire in the last bucket, has sapphire then been upgraded a category?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Do how does that work for luggage delivery? Until now it has been F tagged, JGC tagged, business class tagged. With sapphire in the last bucket, has sapphire then been upgraded a category?
don’t think that will change, priority just priority waitlist order?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.