Search

JAL - Hot Cabin

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 10:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kaka
indeed hnd was hot as hell and i had to take refuge in thw showerroom
Don't get me started on JL lounge shower room temperature. I have to have a lukewarm shower so as not to raise the temperature in the shower room, otherwise I'm covered in sweat as soon as I finish the shower.

At least one can have a cold shower to temporarily cool down on the ground.

Surely they could set the temperature lower in winter if there is a concern about the energy consumption for supply or environmental reasons?
Old May 23, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Don't get me started on JL lounge shower room temperature. I have to have a lukewarm shower so as not to raise the temperature in the shower room, otherwise I'm covered in sweat as soon as I finish the shower.

Surely they could set the temperature lower in winter if there is a concern about the energy consumption for supply or environmental reasons?
My employer does run a Winter campaign to heat less in winter, similar to the summer cool biz campaign. Though I have not seen any official campaigns/requests for the winter period.

Interestingly enough, department stores here in Tokyo are still a freezing 19 degrees at the height of summer. It is not my cup of tea going from 35+ to 19.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

take a cold water shower then! lol
Old May 24, 2017, 8:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kaka
take a cold water shower then! lol
If you chill yourself, the body can try to generate heat and makes you feel even hotter in the lounge afterwards so the balance is needed. Hence a lukewarm shower to prevent the shower room temperature from going up any further but not a completely cold shower (except as an initial blast of cold water if I am feeling really hot).

Maybe even a fan would be rather helpful in the shower cubicle. Maybe I should do BYO USB fan

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Interestingly enough, department stores here in Tokyo are still a freezing 19 degrees at the height of summer. It is not my cup of tea going from 35+ to 19.
19 is a bit too chilly for my liking unless I'm intending to sleep, partially because I'd feel the outside heat more if I've been chilled too much indoors.

I'd happily have the cabin temperature at 19 if I'm sleeping but probably a bit too chilly if I am awake.

21-22 would probably be my preferred cabin temperature overall. I don't think I can get it on JL apart from in F full of people who don't like it at 24 degrees.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So recently did JFK-NRT in F and HND-HKG in J. Was somewhat dreading the hot cabin, and we bought USB fans.

I'd say that periodically it got a little warm, and it was nice to have the fan. I never really needed it for an extended period though. And it never got to the point I needed to request the cabin crew adjust the temp.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: gate lice
Did ORD-NRT-HKG in J a few days ago.

It was hotter than what I would've preferred, and it was somewhat uncomfortable to fully wrap myself with the blanket.

On the TPAC leg, I ordered a few iced drinks every now and then, and I felt fine. Since the cabin was two-thirds empty, I moved over to an aisle from my window for sleeping, and found it slightly cooler. In the sky suite configuration, the air felt less stuffy in an exposed aisle seat than it does in the suite-like window seats.

Overall, I'd still be pretty happy to fly JAL again.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:49 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
At least UO has individual air vents. CX doesn't. Can't remember JL has.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by percysmith
At least UO has individual air vents. CX doesn't. Can't remember JL has.
There are no individual air vents in JAL F.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Flew JFK>NRT recently. If anything a little chilly.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by 5khours
Flew JFK>NRT recently. If anything a little chilly.
Nice! I can work with chilly - put on the F PJs, snuggle under the duvet, etc...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Flew JL JFK-NRT a few weeks ago and the cabin was fine. I was pretty nervous as I would rather be cold and layer, but I didn't have any issues.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:49 am

JL26: Temp. thru out the flight is comfortable, but a little bit warm in final approach.

JL511 and JL2006(domestic leg): Temp. is comfortable, even JL511 sector is full, and I love the cabin mood lighting they choose, a deep blue color looks even cooler
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:33 am

Arrived at NRT a few hours ago on JL11 and the J cabin temperature was great. Wore jeans and a t-shirt without issue.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Hot Cabin

Flew ORD-NRT in F on July 12th. Wife, Son, myself. Wife covered up with a blanket and the FA asked if she was cold. I immediately jumped in and she said no, my husband is always hot. The cabin was fine, perfect, not cold, but not hot at all. I always bring a USB fan and plug in to blow on me while sleeping, works great.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I've flown JAL across the pacific many times now and until this week I believed that reports of hot cabins were a bit exaggerated as I had previously had cabins that were perfectly fine.

Apparently I have just been very lucky... My last flight, SAN-NRT on the 787 (JA832J), was unbearably hot for second half of the flight despite wearing a t-shirt. Someone near me asked several times to cool the cabin, but nothing seemed to come of that.

There were air vents in Y, but they seemed to be blowing more hot air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.