Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
I "screwed up" the OLCI. Now my JL boarding pass is in AA format because I am connecting from an AA flight and they directed me to aa.com for OLCI I was too lazy to check in from aa.com first after a long day with my flight diverted due to medical emergency. Next time I will do this in the proper order and hopefully Amadeus won't be directing me to aa.com when it sees I've checked in for the AA flight already.

Let's see if I can "fix it" by trying to OCLI or print boarding pass again after OLCI is closed for the AA flight
As long as the 2D barcode is accepted by the scanner at the gate, does the format of the boarding pass matter? Last week a JAL representative came to the lounge with a new boarding pass, they apparently don't lke LATAM boarding passes. Even if I got a propper one, not the flimsy Starbucks receipt kind of paper one.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:50 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As long as the 2D barcode is accepted by the scanner at the gate, does the format of the boarding pass matter? Last week a JAL representative came to the lounge with a new boarding pass, they apparently don't lke LATAM boarding passes. Even if I got a propper one, not the flimsy Starbucks receipt kind of paper one.
Yes, to me LOL

I want the JAL pdf, mobile boarding pass and the real one I just like collecting JL boarding passes. I have one they mistakenly used the old branding and logo so I asked for a reprint since I want to keep that one (for some reason they were collecting the boarding pass on that day)

AA will print out the films Starbucks one tmr when I check in. Last time they couldn't print out the JL boarding pass because JL was in the middle of the Amadeus migration. Will see if this time is the same. But since they system correctly sent me the pdf I would assume the kiosk can do that tomorrow
Old May 15, 2018, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Urgh....JL changed my SS2 flight into Shell Flat. Flight is 1 month out and it was almost full when it's showing as SS2. I don't mind the seat but I do mind not having wi-fi
kaka likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Yay aa failed to print the JL boarding pass
deovrat likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:20 pm

I want to fly PUS-NRT-ORD. I see it is T2 to T2... anyone know the MCT for that transfer? It looks like I only have 1 hour if I can event get it to ticket.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I want to fly PUS-NRT-ORD. I see it is T2 to T2... anyone know the MCT for that transfer? It looks like I only have 1 hour if I can event get it to ticket.
One hour is within MCT, and perfectly fine for int to int at T2.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all

Has anyone had an issue with JL double charging the credit card for the taxes on an award ticket? I have contacted the credit card as it is not an insignificant amount and travel is months away. Hope there is no issue with the the ticket when they refund the charge.
I was at their office for some other business the other day, the staff told me they will send out an email to all the affected customers. I've just received mine so you should have yours soon. JAL will reimburse you the adding charges. Below is a direct quote from the email

Additionally, we wish to provide reimbursement for any additional fees that you may have incurred from your financial institution due to this billing discrepancy
Old May 16, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

last minute equipment downgrade today, which means I am screwed with no domestic F Class J will be hard to get too given they have to downgrade customers from F to class J. The worst part, I can't even check in till later in the afternoon (after they fixed the existing assignments) and with JEP I got no seat assignment...please don't put me in a middle seat LOL
kaka likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

last minute equipment downgrade today, which means I am screwed with no domestic F Class J will be hard to get too given they have to downgrade customers from F to class J. The worst part, I can't even check in till later in the afternoon (after they fixed the existing assignments) and with JEP I got no seat assignment...please don't put me in a middle seat LOL
You are not on the best of rolls with JAL at the moment. Lol
kaka likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

You are not on the best of rolls with JAL at the moment. Lol
yea and HND F check in said pls check at ISG and try check in from there. JTA at ISG said sorry we can’t check in for HND flight

but it at least HND made arrangements for me so standby ticket was waiting for me when I arrived and now sitting in 1H heading back to HND Class J was still open when I checked two hours ago, hopefully it stays that way till I get to HND
kaka likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

No....all Class J seat taken now Will see if the HND staff managed to take care of it for me
Old May 16, 2018, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Oh well staff waiting for me at HND gate with Class J boarding pass
Old May 16, 2018, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

And they took care of the return as well. So OKA-HND is class j as well. So I am happy
Old May 16, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And they took care of the return as well. So OKA-HND is class j as well. So I am happy
How many flights are you doing today?
Old May 16, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

How many flights are you doing today?
just 4
Tokyoite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.