Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by navylad
Many thanks, I'm assuming from your reply that this lounge is better than the Quantas, CX or AA Admiral's Club?
As you should have access to the JAL first class lounge (based on your card list) in Narita, yes it beats the others by far.

PS Qantas
Old May 12, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As you should have access to the JAL first class lounge (based on your card list) in Narita, yes it beats the others by far.

PS Qantas
whoops, typo honest gov
Old May 12, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Im booking an award flight with a layover in tokyo. Does Jal have any first class service from tokyo into SE asia or is the highest class always J?
Old May 12, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Red259
Im booking an award flight with a layover in tokyo. Does Jal have any first class service from tokyo into SE asia or is the highest class always J?
IIRC there are no more F routes within Asia anymore.

What Are All The Intra-Asia F Routes Served by JL? Ex-NRT if it matters ...
Old May 12, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Currently there are no scheduled F service Intra Asia. Last time the 77W did a short stint on the Hong Kong route, F was not sold.

Last F service in Asia was a brief spell to Bangkok, waiting for the HND-JFK route to commence.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:20 pm

I booked an F award using alaska airlines for JFK-NRT. There is a layover then I continue on in J to Hanoi. A couple of questions. Can I call JAL and select my seat now that it has been booked? Also, on the date I fly J do I get access to F lounges since its the same award as F or will I be viewed as a J passenger only?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:33 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I booked an F award using alaska airlines for JFK-NRT. There is a layover then I continue on in J to Hanoi. A couple of questions. Can I call JAL and select my seat now that it has been booked? Also, on the date I fly J do I get access to F lounges since its the same award as F or will I be viewed as a J passenger only?
You will only have access to Sakura Lounge, not the F lounge. You will only be granted F lounge access if you are connecting on the same day.

You can call JL to get your seat assignment or just get JL PNR from AS and do it online yourself.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:21 am

Which lounge do JAL F passengers have access to in JFK? Also, if that lounge is not that great are there PP lounges that would be better to use?
Old May 14, 2017, 10:03 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Which lounge do JAL F passengers have access to in JFK? Also, if that lounge is not that great are there PP lounges that would be better to use?
AF
Old May 14, 2017, 10:12 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak
AF
Specifically 2nd floor, same food but just quieter.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:42 am

When making a CX partner booking does it have to be round trip? I saw online it stated you can travel one way but the mileage required is both directions, I have never experienced a OW airline requiring it for a direct partner.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by MdBoater
When making a CX partner booking does it have to be round trip? I saw online it stated you can travel one way but the mileage required is both directions, I have never experienced a OW airline requiring it for a direct partner.
If you want to book one way partner award with JMB, you have to call JMB service centre. Online award booking has limited functions.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I've booked a couple of domestic flights within Japan (HND-NGS, NGS-ITM) using BA miles. No status on any JAL partner airlines and have never flown JAL before (back when I lived in Japan many years ago, I always flew ANA).

I've gotten the JAL record locators (via using checkmytrip.com), but I'm unable to pull up the record on the jal.co.jp website. Is it possible to choose seat assignments in advance for domestic flights, or do those have to wait for check-in?
Old May 20, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
I've booked a couple of domestic flights within Japan (HND-NGS, NGS-ITM) using BA miles. No status on any JAL partner airlines and have never flown JAL before (back when I lived in Japan many years ago, I always flew ANA).

I've gotten the JAL record locators (via using checkmytrip.com), but I'm unable to pull up the record on the jal.co.jp website. Is it possible to choose seat assignments in advance for domestic flights, or do those have to wait for check-in?
In order to pull up a domestic booking on the website, you normally need the 4 digit reference number. Not sure how this works for partner award bookings. How many digits in the JAL reference you found? And did you try on the domestic section of the site?
Old May 20, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In order to pull up a domestic booking on the website, you normally need the 4 digit reference number. Not sure how this works for partner award bookings. How many digits in the JAL reference you found? And did you try on the domestic section of the site?
I was trying on jal.co.jp, selecting "My domestic booking". I have two record locators, one for BA and one for JAL. Both are 6 characters long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.