Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help for trains in Italy - Pompei to lecce

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Help for trains in Italy - Pompei to lecce

Going from Pompei to Lecce on June 15th. Would like to take a night sleeper train if possible. Need tickets for two sleeper cars with 4-5 people each. Trenitalia site is very confusing. I heard about a site a while back where you could request tickets from U.S. and someone would purchase for you and mail them.

Please help. thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
#1 - You need to look for trains from Napoli Centrale (NA C.LE) not from Pompeii

#2 - There isn't a direct train, you must change (usually at Caserta but there are other options)

#3 - It is usually about 5 hour train ride. Going overnight means you leave Naples at 10:30 pm, arrive in Caserta at 11:30 pm and then wait in Caserta for a train that stops there at 2:45 am, arriving in Lecce at 8:22

#4 - As an alternative, you could leave Naples at 4:15 pm, arrive in Caserta 5:00 pm, then change to the EuroStar that departs Caserta at 5:20 pm and arrives in Lecce at 9:50 pm -which will put you in Lecce just in time for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.