Wiki Posts
Search

Wierd Booking with Hotel Regno Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Weird Booking with Hotel Regno Rome

Yesterday I booked a double superior room at the Hotel Regno in Rome on some good advice from some of our fellow flyertalkers. The hotel has great reviews and the staff has been very attentive during the booking process. So definitely no critique of the recommendations from this board which have been quite helpful.

The one thing though I have found quite strange about the Regno was the booking process.

I filled out the online form checking for availabiltiy (it says you must do this first and get confrmation from the staff before proceeding to book). I got a first email message back saying they had availability and to click another link to confirm the booking. I click the link to confirm the booking and reenter all my information, but now with a credit card numbr. Get a second email back (matching the code from the credit card form) telling me they had availability (again) and to click the link to confirm the booking (essentially the same as the first email). Did that again, and then got a third email giving the same instruction again to confrm the booking.

Now the real kicker... each of the three email responses had a different price per night for the same room category (inclusive of breakfast buffet and VAT). Anyone have any ideas?

I did get a booking number on the lowest of the quotes (which I hope they honor), but found this all quite odd.

Last edited by GoCanes; Apr 13, 2008 at 9:09 pm Reason: Spelled "Weird" wrong. :)
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I think I'd call the hotel and make sure I didn't have three different separate bookings.

And I think I'd take with me copies of the whole transaction.

Computers and computer systems - can't live without 'em, and can't live with 'em. Aarrrggghhh!

Romelle
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Thanks... good call...

Also, just noticed I spelled "Weird" wrong in the title... can a moderator correct that please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.