Milan Malpensa airport question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milan Malpensa airport question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Am getting a stronger and stronger impression that you don’t like Milan nearly as much as I do!
I'm half Milanese, my mum was born in Isola, and though it's undeniably the most international city in Italy, it works very well, and it's gotten a lot better over the past few years (see CityLife, Porta Nuova, the general dynamism of the place) it's just not a place I recommend to people coming from abroad, especially if this isn't their first visit in the country. That applies too its hinterland, though if you're a fan of Commieblocks then the Gallaratese is the place for you.
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 13901
I'm half Milanese, my mum was born in Isola, and though it's undeniably the most international city in Italy, it works very well, and it's gotten a lot better over the past few years (see CityLife, Porta Nuova, the general dynamism of the place) it's just not a place I recommend to people coming from abroad, especially if this isn't their first visit in the country. That applies too its hinterland, though if you're a fan of Commieblocks then the Gallaratese is the place for you.
My husband is currently setting up two shows at the Biennale and this will be our chance to take two young Art Students to see what he’s been working on and get an insider’s tour of the event.
I don’t know how much I’m supposed to insist that visiting the Pinacoteca Di Brera is a massively important to us, it just doesn’t seem to be landing.
And then there’s the Duomo, every time I go in there it is miraculous to me how it is that I stay standing because I would swear that every part of myself that I can feel and sense runs down and dribbles around my feet as a puddle. Es acojonante.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:36 am

Where are you staying in Venice for 40 euro a night?
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Where are you staying in Venice for 40 euro a night?
x4 as the €40 is per person so it is €640 for 4 nights for accommodations that can handle 4 people. Could be an AirBnb.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
My husband is currently setting up two shows at the Biennale and this will be our chance to take two young Art Students to see what he’s been working on and get an insider’s tour of the event.
I don’t know how much I’m supposed to insist that visiting the Pinacoteca Di Brera is a massively important to us, it just doesn’t seem to be landing.
And then there’s the Duomo, every time I go in there it is miraculous to me how it is that I stay standing because I would swear that every part of myself that I can feel and sense runs down and dribbles around my feet as a puddle. Es acojonante.
If you retrace the steps of this conversation, you started off by wanting to stop over in Ferno. I'll be honest, I'd never have guessed that it was a hint that your husband is an artist who is setting up shows at the Biennale - I assume in Venezia, congrats btw - and that your kids are art students who want to go to Brera.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I explained in post #44 that we had the opportunity to go to the Pinacoteca Di Brera and ran with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.