Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gemini573
Same here. I've always ended up with a Club Suite regardless of the rate. Last 3 times since the renovations, I've always ended up with a room on the 26th floor. I'm curious to see what the corner suites will be like? Have those been renovated yet?

Also to note. I think the current club manager is so much better than the previous one. She is much more personable than the former....I think she transferred to Dubai.
Hmm I stayed in a corner suite a few weeks ago and it hadn't been renovated yet. Don't recall the floor though it was up quite high.

Do you mean the German (Austrian?) lady at the club? I think from her name she is German or so and yes she is definitely very personable and attenative.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:17 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by demue
Hmm I stayed in a corner suite a few weeks ago and it hadn't been renovated yet. Don't recall the floor though it was up quite high.

Do you mean the German (Austrian?) lady at the club? I think from her name she is German or so and yes she is definitely very personable and attenative.
I was there from the 19th of January through 26th. Do you think there has been any improvements with the breakfast at the Club lounge? I think there's a bit more to choose from in the hot food section, but think everything else is the same. It's just presented differently.

The lady at the club is Korean.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by holtju2
BTW I am quite sure that I stayed at a Crowne Plaze in Bangkok way back in 1995.
You are right. The Holiday Inn Silom was formerly the Crowne Plaza Bangkok

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/Holida...azaBangkok.htm
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
IHG also developed an additional property, which was supposed to be branded as Crown Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok in 2006, but is finally Holiday Inn Bangkok.
Currently writing this from the Holiday Inn Bangkok. It certainly should have been a Crowne Plaza, it's the best HI I've ever been to!
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
IHG also developed an additional property, which was supposed to be branded as Crown Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok in 2006, but is finally Holiday Inn Bangkok.
The hotel due to become the Crowne Plaza Sukhumvit was at Sukhumvit Soi 27, while the Holiday Inn Bangkok is a different hotel on Ploenchit Rd.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Plaitnum
Is there any update on the renovations? I have a Club King room booked for the end of March.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by txfigment
Is there any update on the renovations? I have a Club King room booked for the end of March.
Was just there the other night. Club floors are not renovated yet and I doubt that they will be by the end of March. Better to have a non club floor room with a club access IMHO.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right. The Holiday Inn Silom was formerly the Crowne Plaza Bangkok

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/Holida...azaBangkok.htm
My memories about the CP are actually quite good. Way better than when I stayed at the "dump" HI last year (or year before). Really couldn't think that I had stayed there before.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here. I've always ended up with a Club Suite regardless of the rate. Last 3 times since the renovations, I've always ended up with a room on the 26th floor. I'm curious to see what the corner suites will be like? Have those been renovated yet?
The corner rooms (suites) on the renovated floors are quite nice. The only thing that I don't like is that they didn't do too much work on the bathroom/shower. After the renovation the rest of the room/suite is out of sync with the bathroom.

Also to note. I think the current club manager is so much better than the previous one. She is much more personable than the former....I think she transferred to Dubai.
Are we talking about the lovely Dutch lady who used to work at the Club? I had a long chat with her at a weekly reception once. She has now moved to Dubai. I have her business card somewhere.

I just feel that I have a problem with having a small talk with the Thai employees at the club. They are always very nice and recognize me but I am never able to engage them to a conversation.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW it seems that they have downgraded the Audley's to those awfull smal brownish plastic stuff that they have at some IC's in Europe (I think I had them at Budapest one) and in Phnom Penh.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:53 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Only the levels 17 to 22 are refurbished as of my stay last month. They were redoing floors 23 and 24 at that time which was obvious from the noise during the day.

I wonder when the whole redoing is completed because it seems to take quite some time.
Was there in October and January. Last time, I stayed on the 26th floor. It's slowly making its way upwards.

I spoke to the people at the concierge back in October and they said there was going to be some work done in the lobby in January. Well, I get there in the middle of January and nothing has been done.....T.I.T (this is Thailand). I go back the end of this month. Will see what's up.

Interestingly enough, the interconti.com website doesn't say anything about a refurbishment anymore, when it DEFINITELY still going on.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:03 pm
formerly gemini573

The corner rooms (suites) on the renovated floors are quite nice. The only thing that I don't like is that they didn't do too much work on the bathroom/shower. After the renovation the rest of the room/suite is out of sync with the bathroom.

Are we talking about the lovely Dutch lady who used to work at the Club? I had a long chat with her at a weekly reception once. She has now moved to Dubai. I have her business card somewhere.

I just feel that I have a problem with having a small talk with the Thai employees at the club. They are always very nice and recognize me but I am never able to engage them to a conversation.
I think it's the same lady. The consensus seems to say that she's a nice lady. I must of caught her on a bad day.

The staff at the club are VERY NICE. Sometimes a bit over the top, but nonetheless, very satisfied.

You're right about the bathroom. I wish they would of done something to it. Although, it's nice they added a rainhead shower to it. Just doesn't match what they've done to the room.

Here's what I love about the room.

The bed is VERY COMFORTABLE.
Flat screen TV.
The iPod doc.
No need for electric converter

My wish.

Have wifi as opposed to plug in access.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Feb 17, 2008 at 12:13 pm
Old Feb 29, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Plaitnum
Thank you for the info....I am a RA, and showing a Club room. are the Suites renovated yet? would there be a suite on one of the renovated floors that I could request? just dont really know anything about the hotel and looking for advice from the frequent travelers.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:45 pm

Was there in October and January. Last time, I stayed on the 26th floor. It's slowly making its way upwards.

I spoke to the people at the concierge back in October and they said there was going to be some work done in the lobby in January. Well, I get there in the middle of January and nothing has been done.....T.I.T (this is Thailand). I go back the end of this month. Will see what's up.

Interestingly enough, the interconti.com website doesn't say anything about a refurbishment anymore, when it DEFINITELY still going on.
Just returned, nothing done in the lobby.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: IHG, BA
New upgrade policy at IC BKK?

I've noticed that any rooms above a Corner Suite are not available to book anymore. So, is a Corner Suite the top upgrade for a RA now?

Reason I ask is I need to book a 5 night stay in BKK in June - the IC seems very expensive now or is it me??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.