Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For discussion of this topic starting in 2019, see The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: Elite: Delta, IHG
Kimpton Hotel Vintage (Portland)
My husband and I both spun the wheel and landed 2 cocktails and a free dessert. The desk staff really seemed to enjoy bringing out the wheel! The woman who took care of us said she was skeptical when she first heard about the promotion but now thinks it's really fun.

Kimpton Buchanan (San Francisco)
After reading about previous experiences in previous threads, I wasn't sure what to expect when I checked in. Happily, we were given drawstring bags full of Japanese snacks and trinkets which is really fitting since the hotel is in the heart of Japantown. Call me a child, but I was giddy to receive heart shaped sunglasses .
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:01 am

Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs gave a $20 food/beverage credit
Kimpton Palomar Beverly Hills had a wheel to spin that had anything from an upgrade, late check-out, or $15 food credit...got the $15 food credit.

Going to stay at the La Peer this Sunday and can't wait to see what they offer.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:28 pm

Checked in to the Kimpton Nine Zero in Boston today. Mentioned the secret phrase and the agent went in to the back and brought out this metal rack with three jars filled with stones. Each jar had two metal sticks in them (six sticks total). I was told to pick one of the sticks. I pulled one out and mine said "Free Bottle of Wine". Was offered white or red. It is the same wine they serve at the wine reception, but still a fun way to welcome guests. Not sure what the other prizes were.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Kimpton Journeyman (Milwaukee, WI)

Quick overnight to MKE and decided to stay with Kimpton despite my hiatus after IHG integration. Mentioned the secret password at check in, was given two local beers, a branded hotel coozie, and extra dog treats. So, all in all, I would say not bad. OTH, this hotel is probably one of the best Kimptons I have stayed at: rooms are beautiful, the rooftop bar is fun, and staff is excellent (especially general manager and Tyler at the restaurant). Would highly recommend this property for others visiting MKE.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Ink 48 NYC-got a $50 food and beverage credit at the restaurant. Used for breakfast. Their Chocolate and Nutella croissants are addictive!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:42 pm

Stayed at Kimpton La Peer yesterday. Offered 2PM late checkout or a free movie
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by silverm0623
Stayed at Kimpton La Peer yesterday. Offered 2PM late checkout or a free movie
Quite a contrast to what was received in post #50 .
Interesting to read the varying differences depending on the property.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Steph58
I am a Platinum Ambassador so I was already eligible for late checkout and a free movie according to the front desk. I was also already upgraded, so I think that's why they didn't know what to offer me. LOL
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
In cases such as this, I ask for free or discounted parking.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Kimpton Born Denver - choices were a bottle of wine (probably one of the wines they use at 5pm), a coupon for a scoop of ice cream from a local business, or a bag of bath salts.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I am a Platinum Ambassador so I was already eligible for late checkout and a free movie according to the front desk. I was also already upgraded, so I think that's why they didn't know what to offer me. LOL
Strange that they would give you those benefits at a non-Intercontinental hotel. Kimpton is priced on the higher end of IHG's spectrum, but that's the first I've heard of Ambassador benefits being applied to non-Intercontinental properties.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
My fiance and I were getting married at the County Clerk's office so they were already doing some extremely nice above and beyond things for us, so it was pretty nice already
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by silverm0623
Strange that they would give you those benefits at a non-Intercontinental hotel. Kimpton is priced on the higher end of IHG's spectrum, but that's the first I've heard of Ambassador benefits being applied to non-Intercontinental properties.
It surprised me as well since I wasn't expecting it. When I checked in, I asked if an upgrade was possible and was told that I was already upgraded. Then they asked me if I would like a late check-out and I said that I didn't need one. Then they gave me the "raid the mini bar" voucher since their onsite bar didn't participate in the drink voucher program. I think it was a case of they didn't have to give me the benefits, but they were generous enough to do so. It was one of my best experiences in terms of customer service at an IHG property.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
How about comped breakfast, parking fees waived, or both!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
How about comped breakfast, parking fees waived, or both!
They ended up waiving my parking fee and the manager gave me 10k points for my troubles. Definitely more than what I was expecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.