Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

At kimpton cardinal in Winston-Salem NC when I checked in I asked "do you still do the password since IHG merger & said the phrase." I was greeted by a smile and yes you said it we do... then asked to pick a candy cane from box, I got late checkout. Then after finishing check in signatures asked would 12:30 be good late checkout? Hmmm really I mean I like Kimptons but even as top teir just don't really get any in stay benefits: I ended with same room category I booked, no upgrade, a $10 raid bar for soda & Pellegrino then gifted 1 hour extension on checkout. Shouldn't a top teir 50+ night a year geust get hmmm i dunno

- guaranteed 4pm checkout
- guaranteed room upgrade, including suites
- lounge

Still, very nice property except thin walls but I was happy with my stay and would book again when in area of course unless they build a westin or even an aloft which honestly is my new brand of choice for leisure staye as travel with pet & like to play pool.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Kimpton Aertson Nashville

Got a "scratch off" with 4 options, ended up with either bottle of red, white, or 2 local crafts.

Opted for the beer, and it stacked ontop of my IC amenity.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Kimpton Palomar Phoenix

They were apparently out of secret password gifts, but I was offered 2 x 15 USD vouchers for their new - and unfortunately highly forgettable - breakfast concept in the hotel restaurant. Was also informed that the same vouchers could alternatively be used towards additional "raid the minibar" spending (did receive a 10 USD voucher for that at check-in). In hindsight, perhaps that would have been the best use.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by where2travel
I thought I'd just done fairly badly at the Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs, but yours takes the biscuit.

Pick a number between 1 and 9, apparently each one corresponds to a different gift. The check-in assistant went off behind the scenes for a bit and came back with a bath bomb (which was number 8 if the match of number to different prize is genuine).

Zero Spire benefits as well, although I may be able to get a late checkout if I call on the day we leave.
Originally Posted by Bartolo

Pathetic. At least useable. Hope it was at least a good brand.

Monaco DC gave me a branded glass (1) a while back. 👎. They (Kimptonj should either do it properly or give it up. I am surprised by the huge differences between hotels within the group.
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Yup. The Kimpton Minneapolis gave me a straight $45 credit to my bill + a gift basket containing Surly Beer, Gummy Bears, and Popcorn. And this dude gets a bar of soap. That is unbelievable, no excuse for that!
We debated whether to take the soap with us! I suppose that made it a conversation piece, albeit not in the way Kimpton would hope, "Boy, this is the worst ever 'benefit' that's supposed to be cool and fun."

Gummy bears and popcorn sound amazing by comparison.

Oh, and while we aren't Spire and the hotel was packed and we couldn't get much checkout extension (11 --> 12), it was a lovely place. We'd go back. Just wouldn't expect a damn thing from the password.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by rogo
We debated whether to take the soap with us! I suppose that made it a conversation piece, albeit not in the way Kimpton would hope, "Boy, this is the worst ever 'benefit' that's supposed to be cool and fun."

Gummy bears and popcorn sound amazing by comparison.

Oh, and while we aren't Spire and the hotel was packed and we couldn't get much checkout extension (11 --> 12), it was a lovely place. We'd go back. Just wouldn't expect a damn thing from the password.
Very interesting happening place. The chef in their restaurant is a lovely guy. Did a class with him.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Kimpton Marlow in Boston. Your gift is awarded based on your random selection of a glass from a tray. I received an "Old Fashioned" Kit. I don't drink them, but maybe will try it. Not much value to me, but cute anyway.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Kimpton Marlow in Boston. Your gift is awarded based on your random selection of a glass from a tray. I received an "Old Fashioned" Kit. I don't drink them, but maybe will try it. Not much value to me, but cute anyway.
Based on yours, and some other "gift" options I've been seeing posted on this thread, it appears IHG/Kimpton have severely clamped down on this. These are absolute crap gifts compared to last year.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

Kimpton Everly Hotel (Hollywood, CA).

Offered my choice of gifts out of a basket, including free PPV movie and popcorn, coffee and pastry, and jars of candy. I chose a pop socket.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 13, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:22 am

Miami Epic Welcome Gift

The secret password gift from the Kimpton EPIC in Miami was a small bottle of rum with a south beach design. -Nice touch!

Last edited by LukeSky; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:40 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AS
Week of 1/7
  • DC Monaco gave me an I Love DC mug, wine opener (Which I had to give away b/c of TSA), Kimpton key chain, and Monaco notebook
  • LA Palomar gave a $15 credit to hotel restaurant
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
This week’s experience:

Philly Monaco - picked a snowman and won a free movie. I couldn’t use this and was t really going to have bar time so passed on their offer of a free drink.

DC Mason & Rook - spun the wheel and won two free breakfasts. They offered a different prize but I stuck with the breakfasts.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Hotel Born on 1/18. Offered a bottle of red or white (wine hour wines), a 4 pack of beer (probably local, they had upslope pale and dry dock vanilla porter at wine hour) or a pair of passes to the ice rink on 16th St mall. Took the wine.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Cardinal Winston Salem NC: had a grab bag and I picked up two candy canes with tags instead of one: late check-out or free movie. Given that I'm IC I took the free movie.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Kimpton Solamar San Diego. Choose a fake ice cube from an ice bucket with a tongs. I got an upgrade but was already in the Master’s suite. Chose again and got a bottle of bubbly. Co-worker got free appetizer and then they had him draw again and got 2 cupcakes. Nicely done Solamar.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:19 am

Kimpton Mason & Rook in DC. 1/19-21. No gift at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.