Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For discussion of this topic starting in 2019, see The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:24 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

This thread is about the secret social password for "special amenities" at Kimpton Hotels.

A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.
This thread covers the older reports about the amenities which one receives at Kimpton hotels. The list for the current year and the previous year could be found here and is also listed as a sticky post.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 31, 2019 at 5:23 am
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2018)

From Kimpton's Facebook:

Get cozy with it. The social password is back, now through January 28th. Just say ‘Sweater Weather’ at check-in for a delightful surprise from the front desk.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:08 am

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone/member can use the secret password or if it is reserved only for those with any real status with Kimpton? I have only stayed a handful of times at different properties, and am just a Tier I member (for this year; at least).
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by JustDandy
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone/member can use the secret password or if it is reserved only for those with any real status with Kimpton? I have only stayed a handful of times at different properties, and am just a Tier I member (for this year; at least).
Anyone can use. It's more of an interaction with their social media outlets than a loyalty based reward.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
From Kimpton's Facebook:
Hopefully the Gray has something useful, although the Chicago properties tend to skimp. I only have 4 stays there in December!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
SLC Hotel Monaco - Comped Parking
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Southwest, Kimpton
Sawyer Hotel Sacramento

Said the password during check-in. The front desk clerk didn't know what to offer, but said he would contact me. He even confirmed my cell phone.

We hung out in the room for about an hour before heading out to dinner. Still no call.

We finished eating while watching the Raiders game, then I called down. He said he called several times to the room and nobody answered. Unlikely since we were gone for less than an hour out of the 3 hours since check-in.

He offered valet parking. I told him that we Uber'd from the airport so we didn't need that. Then he offered 2 drinks at the 21+ bar downstairs. He knew that I had my 6-year old son with me since he met him during check-in, and I told him that wouldn't work. A bit of awkward silence and fumbling with words until he settled on offering a $30 dining credit.

A good ending with the dining credit, but if they would have just offered the choice of the 3 options at the beginning, it would have been perfect.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Palomar Chicago - Got a branded coffee mug, it's nice!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:29 pm

San Francisco

Buchanan: bottle of crappy Cupcake Chardonnay

Sir Francis Drake: hot chocolate kit with mini bottle of Bailey's, hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Graf von B
Buchanan: bottle of crappy Cupcake Chardonnay

Sir Francis Drake: hot chocolate kit with mini bottle of Bailey's, hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows.

i didn't even get the baileys!? Just the three ingredients
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:52 am

Winston Salem first weekend in December - forgot to say it right at check in, but came back to the desk before heading up to my room and they were not sure what the options were.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I don’t stay at Kimptons very often, but I had no idea about this. So excited to try it out next time I’m at a Kimpton property!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, Hilton gold, Marriott/Starwood platinum
Madera (DC) - Dining credit
Monaco (Baltimore) - breakfast vouchers - continental only
Topaz (DC) - valet parking for $25 vs. $48. This seemed a little chintzy not just to cover the whole thing
Rouge (DC) - They had a drawing for prizes, and let me pick a couple times. I got a movie for the room.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
I think I caught the Philly Monaco off guard. Said the word, the clerk disappeared for what seemed like five minutes, then came back with this assortment in a small gift box. Seemed like just stuff they had laying around the office. I mentioned it the next day, they took off a room service charge instead, so worked out fine. Still bizarre I think.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
That is so Mickey Mouse! Some poor sap is going to show up to work and be like “where’s my Kleenex?!?”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.