Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HI Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz

HI Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was fine for a couple of nights.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a standard room and was upgraded to a deluxe.

How are the rooms? Light and airy. Floor to ceiling windows, armchair, table and dining chair could be used as a desk. Narrow wardrobe. Bathrobe and slippers. Shower only, no bath.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Welcome points posted immediately. There was a welcome letter and card in the room with two apples and two bottles of juice. At check in I was handed a voucher for two premium drinks and snacks. I used this in the Indigo next door. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice including cheesecake!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I booked this because the IC was full. Oktoberfest had started in the square so it was very handy after all. I paid €150 per night.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:52 am

HIX New York JFK

HIX New York JFK

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a king non smoking and this is what I got. It was a corner room on the top floor.

How are the rooms? Comfortable bed, free standing wardrobe, large arm chair that was big enough for two but not quite a sofa, Keurig coffee machine. Bathroom had a shower over the bath.

What was good and what was bad? Welcome points posted quickly, shuttle arrived at Federal Circle two minutes after I did. At check in I was handed two paper bags each contained a freshly baked cookie. Bathroom amenities were three separate branded bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. These were attached to the wall. There was also a separate small Crabtree & Evelyn body lotion, such as you would have at Hilton hotels. The breakfast seemed good for a HIX, there were cartons of almond milk in the fridge and a large bowl of chopped fruit, including watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and grapes. Plus the usual cheap carb-fest. Nothing notably bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Cash rates were in excess of $300 so I used 40k points. I have stayed here before and would stay again when flying in to JFK.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:17 am

Staybridge Suites - Times Sq, NYC

Staybridge Suites - Times Sq, NYC

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a king bed suite on a lower floor and was allocated the 2nd floor.

How are the rooms? Well laid out, especially for folk wanting to cook their own food, which I didn’t. Large fridge, microwave, two-ring hob, dishwasher, toaster and coffee machine. Dining area with two stools, desk and chair, armchair and tonnes of storage. Bathroom has a shower over the bath. Bathroom amenities are single use plastic 30ml tubes from Gilchrist & Soames.

What was good and what was bad? Location is excellent, E line subway stop on the street corner giving direct access to JFK. Welcome points posted quickly. Plenty of sockets in the room. My room was at the back of the building so nice and quiet. Evening reception three nights each week. Last night it was meatballs, garlic bread and Caesar salad with two draught lagers, two reds and a white wine, all self pour. Breakfast was fine, tasty and plentiful.

The only bad thing about this property is there are only three lifts for 37 floors which is insufficient. The first time I stayed here I was allocated a room on a high floor and spend a long time waiting for the lift. On subsequent stays I now request a low floor and use the stairs.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Nightly cash rates were in excess of $350 so I used points at 50k/night.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Hotel Indigo Venice

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very much so!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a basic room using 40K points per night, for two nights. Received an upgrade to a Garden View Junior Suite.

How are the rooms? Junior Suite had a nice layout with Bed and living room area sharing the same space, quite large for Europe.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Hotel staff are very accommodating and eager to please all guests. Restaurant was very good. Very close (2 minutes) to the pier to catch the water bus into the sights. Location is in a quiet neighbourhood. Received two drink vouchers for pretty much anything from the bar. Good breakfast spread.

Bad: No variety of restaurants nearby so the hotel restaurant/bar while good was on the expensive side. 25 minute walk (which was very nice) or 10 minute water bus ride to get to the main part of town.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Good value with upgrade. I would definitely return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:41 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Holiday Inn Express Wuppertal

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard double with sofa bed

How are the rooms?
My room was very tiny. The lift lobby and corridors were very wide so I wonder why they couldn't have made the rooms a bit bigger. Being a new building everything was clean. View of an office building. Some rooms look out over the Supper and Schwebebahn, which would be nicer. Good noise insulation when windows are shut tightly.

Good:
Big shower and sink, good water pressure and temperature control, lots of plug points.
Breakfast starts at 0600 on weekdays and lasts until 1030 (weekends 30min later). Fresh vegetables and nice croissants (seem to be freshly produced too). Other choices are sliced cold meats cheeses fruits yoghurt and bread.
Reasonably close to Hbf, very close to Schwebebahn station.

Bad:
Ground floor looks like an empty lot making me worried the hotel had closed down without warning on my approach.
English skills of staff were not great. Poor recognition of status, but got the welcome points immediately.
Room preferences not fulfilled.
Only a flimsy 1m² table (like HIX Gibraltar) and barely any other flat surfaces for storage. Bedside table almost fully occupied by large phone.

I declined housekeeping but did not receive the promised 500 points.
Teabags in room and at breakfast are all plastic which is supposed to be bad these days.
Only hot food at breakfast is hard-boiled eggs and pancakes. Dirty cups.

Rarely any staff at reception in the mornings resulting in long waits for check out (we didn't bother).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
At €64 it was cheaper than staying in Düsseldorf or Cologne and worth taking the train.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental

Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a King Leisure, got upgraded to a King Executive. The King Executive is a suite.

How are the rooms?

The suite was dated, but very spacious. The bed was very good with plenty of pillows. The badroom did not have a seperate shower and was worn.

In the living room was a fully stocked minibar. There was also an espresso machine.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

+ Upgrade
+ friendly check in
+ Drink voucher. The friendly bartender give me 2 beers for it.
+ on the room there was also a complimentary snack and 2 bottles of water.

- the whole property is dated.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Excellent value on this pointbreaks price of 15/K. For that price I would return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Hotel Indigo Williamsburg Brooklyn

Hotel Indigo Williamsburg Brooklyn

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booking King City View and also got that.

How are the rooms?

Spacious for NYC. Everything is brand new. USB power plugs at the desk and the bed. The room had a nice Manhattan view.

Keurig coffee machine and fridge. Bathroom is small but I liked the materials.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

+ Convenient location next to the Subway station.
+ Nice (new) room.
+ Two Bottles of water and a few cookies waiting in my room.

- No upgrade, despite being available.
- Poor Wi-Fi.

30/K IHG points a night is a steel! Would definitely return for that price.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
ANA Holiday Inn Sapporo Susukino

Gold

Yes

Booked and received Deluxe Family Room (which is already the largest room type)

How are the rooms?
Large in Japanese standard, with Japanese bathhouse style shower/bathtub (which I like) and toilet away from bath. Decor is fine but a little dated. Well equipped, just that due to layout, the TV is perpendicular to the bed and not aligned with the sofa, so a bit inconvenient to watch. Only heating from October to around March. No view, facing another building.

The room type includes free "happy hour" all-you-can-drink for one evening at 1730-1830, which we didn't use as unfit to schedule.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Given welcome points, extra 3 bottles of water and 2pm checkout.
- Staff is friendly.
- Located in a busier area of town with many food and some nightlife possibilities, within walking distance to many tourist attractions.

Meh:
- The on-site carpark is underground and no driveway, so requires intercom at roadside and a bit inconvenient. The hotel may redirect you to nearby carparks if it is full or car doesn't fit. Despite inquired, did not know about these beforehand, so was quite a messy check-in rushing to unload and to reception desk.
- Would rather hope the deluxe room drinks voucher is good for just one drink but for longer hours.

Similarly priced with nearby properties but maybe newer elsewhere. Okay to return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:54 am

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

Spire (RA)

Yes

Booked one night Standard Room on reward nights. Received 2 Single Beds Club Standard Room, including access to Club.
(Not sure whether Club Access is usual policy for Spire or due to RA and/or the fact that I stayed at this hotel usually 2-4 times/year during the last ten years.)

How are the rooms?
Rather small, but sufficient and enough space if travelling alone.

How is the exec. lounge?
No changes in the last years. Morning and evening offers stay stable. (Evening always the same pizza and shrimps.)
Good selection and eggs to order at breakfast.

+ Upgrade
+ Access to club and pool/spa on points stay
+ Drink voucher. The bar keeper was quiet flexible and gave me a Gin which was is usually not included in the voucher.

Nothing bad.

Good value for the points, I will return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:40 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Matsuyama

ANA Crowne Plaza Matsuyama

Platinum

Yes

Booked two nights Standard Twin on rewards night. Received Deluxe Twin.

How are the rooms?
Very spacious for two. Recently renovated with plenty of outlets.

How is the exec. lounge?
It doesn’t have one.

+ Upgrade
+ Parking attendants super helpful and reserved us a spot during the whole stay
+ Great service but pretty much a given among Japanese CPs
+ Given two welcome amenities because SO is also Plat. Not sure if this is just standard policy

Nothing bad.

Good value for the points (even better with the current PB - 10k/night is incredible value). I will return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:49 pm

ANA Intercontinental Beppu

ANA Intercontinental Beppu

Platinum

Yes

Booked Intercontinental Room on Chase night and asked for two beds. Received Premium Twin as well as F&B coupons (applies to final bill automatically).

How are the rooms?
Fantastic and the view was gorgeous. Actually prefer the larger, no-onsen balcony.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

+ Much better service and IC Tokyo and The Strings
+ Sparkling new. Even the onsen has the new car smell
+ Almost everyone speaks English
- Restaurant staff lack coordination (but food and service were still fantastic)
- The shuttle has limited schedule

Ridiculous value for the free night (as almost any IC when booked with free night). I will return if it stays at 60K points/night.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Holiday Inn & Suites Jakarta, Gajahmada

Platinum

n/a

Standard Deluxe Room to Corner Deluxe Room (with City View)

How are the rooms?
Room with street view, quite huge for standard room size

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

+ Hotel is new and clean
+ Good breakfast

- Pool was small

For $80/ night with breakfast, it was good value.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:06 am

Holiday inn Perth city centre

Holiday inn Perth city centre

Platinum

Yes

Standard room; was upgraded but not sure of room type
Welcome points or drink voucher offered
complimentary snacks -couple of chocolates, small bottle of wine and a pack of potatoe chips

How are the rooms?
Look new/ recently renovated, very clean and spacious

How is the exec. lounge?
N/a

Good
-helpful staff

bad
-there was only one lift working which was quite small so when we were leaving had to wait about 15-20 min for a lift as it was always full.

Cheap and cheerful. 140 aud/ night
i would return
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Holiday Inn Express Hartford South - Rocky Hill (Connecticut )

Holiday Inn Express Hartford South - Rocky Hill

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? King Standard Non-Smoke and Queen/Queen Standard Non-Smoke. I asked for and received rooms adjacent to each other and we were assigned ones on the top floor in the corner farthest away from the highway outside.

How are the rooms? The rooms are a little smaller than some of the other HIX in which I have stayed but still with the new decor. There's an abundance of plugs and USB ports throughout the room, a half-height mini fridge, small microwave, and K-Cup machine in the room.

How is the exec. lounge? n/a

What was good and what was bad? Hotel is conveniently-located next to an off-ramp of Interstate 91 with decent food options and grocery stores in the area. Parking is abundant and staff very friendly and helpful; the GM was very easy to work with via email and accommodated my requests. The negatives were the smaller rooms, the bulk dispensers for the bath products, and the somewhat crowded breakfast area.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? This is one of the cheaper HIX properties in the greater Hartford area and in a convenient location for those transiting the area for a one-night stay. I'd return again.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Kumamoto New Sky

ANA Crowne Plaza Kumamoto New Sky

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes.

Booked City Side Deluxe Suite (Executive Suite on the reservation system), received same. This room is just finished the renovation in this August. Before the renovation, this room was Royal Suite. Still highest category room in this hotel. Very beautiful and well equipped.

How are the rooms?
76.6SQM. Proper Suite which is separated between living and bedroom. Two queen beds (160x230), work desk, 2x 60inch LCD TV, Blu-ray player, BOSE sound system, Nespresso, sofa set, and twin basin bathroom with deep sunken bathtub. Toiletries are Melvita.

Video of City Side Deluxe Suite:

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel does not have exec. lounge.

What was your welcome gift?
Local Sweets

What was good?
++++++++++ Excellent Suite with excellent price (USD200 per night in the weekday!)
++++++ Super cheap wine (bottle) pricing. Almost equal to street price
+++ Excellent Bar and Japanese restaurant
+ Shuttle Bus service between hotel and JR Kumamoto station

What was bad?
- Location is not central of Kumamoto city. But public transportation is excellent

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes.

Would you return?
Yes. USD200 per night is absolutely good deal. This rate is not special rate. You can find it in the weekday.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.