FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:17 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Staybridge Suites - Times Sq, NYC

Staybridge Suites - Times Sq, NYC

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a king bed suite on a lower floor and was allocated the 2nd floor.

How are the rooms? Well laid out, especially for folk wanting to cook their own food, which I didn’t. Large fridge, microwave, two-ring hob, dishwasher, toaster and coffee machine. Dining area with two stools, desk and chair, armchair and tonnes of storage. Bathroom has a shower over the bath. Bathroom amenities are single use plastic 30ml tubes from Gilchrist & Soames.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Location is excellent, E line subway stop on the street corner giving direct access to JFK. Welcome points posted quickly. Plenty of sockets in the room. My room was at the back of the building so nice and quiet. Evening reception three nights each week. Last night it was meatballs, garlic bread and Caesar salad with two draught lagers, two reds and a white wine, all self pour. Breakfast was fine, tasty and plentiful.

The only bad thing about this property is there are only three lifts for 37 floors which is insufficient. The first time I stayed here I was allocated a room on a high floor and spend a long time waiting for the lift. On subsequent stays I now request a low floor and use the stairs.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Nightly cash rates were in excess of $350 so I used points at 50k/night.