Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: DL FO, PC PL AMB, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Volpotor
Any recent experiences? Going there for a weekend, end of January. Is the lounge open on weekends?
I was there with my wife last May. It's a nice location, a few blocks from Old Montreal. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, grouping our paid and award night together into one reservation so that we didn't need to switch rooms.

I would recommend bringing warm, windproof clothes. Montreal in January always seems to have a bite and the underground tunnels, if you can navigate them, take twice as long as the surface routes.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FluvialFlyer
I was there with my wife last May. It's a nice location, a few blocks from Old Montreal. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, grouping our paid and award night together into one reservation so that we didn't need to switch rooms.

I would recommend bringing warm, windproof clothes. Montreal in January always seems to have a bite and the underground tunnels, if you can navigate them, take twice as long as the surface routes.
A bite?? Bring your Goose Down coats or else you will freeze your derriere's.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
I was there late November. The hotel was busy and the lounge was open on the weekend. The staff does a rotation from Concierge desk to lounge manager, every few days it seems. I expected the hotel would be hit by the NHL lockout, but that didn't seem to be the case when I was there. And RA's automatically get Club access. No fee.
Last time there it was as RA....booked base room on a BOGO and recieved a Tourelle Suite with Club Access. Really enjoyed the Club but Le Sarah B bar was a treat to. Sure miss RA, had lots of fun with it and one of the best things IHG offers.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by FluvialFlyer
the underground tunnels, if you can navigate them, take twice as long as the surface routes.
Good advise...I've done the tunnels and above ground in the winter but its best to Cab it unless you are prepared for some walking and not in a hurry.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:42 am

I stayed here in September (2012), it's a great place.

I'm a PC Plat, and I stayed with my yearly 'free night' that comes with the PC Visa (the rest of our stay we switched over to the W a few blocks away). So, I guess that counts as a 'reward stay'. Booked the lowest room, but I was upgraded to the "Iconic Tourelle" suite on the 10th floor, which is the same floor as the (small, but nice) gym. There's also an indoor atrium pool, behind the gym (up a flight of stairs) with an very nice little outdoor patio attached to the pool.

I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in Montreal. By the way, the "La Joute" fountain/sculpture is in the square just north of the hotel, and puts on a water/fire show during the summer that's fun to watch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Joute
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tocktower
I stayed here in September (2012), it's a great place.

I'm a PC Plat, and I stayed with my yearly 'free night' that comes with the PC Visa (the rest of our stay we switched over to the W a few blocks away). So, I guess that counts as a 'reward stay'. Booked the lowest room, but I was upgraded to the "Iconic Tourelle" suite on the 10th floor, which is the same floor as the (small, but nice) gym. There's also an indoor atrium pool, behind the gym (up a flight of stairs) with an very nice little outdoor patio attached to the pool.

I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in Montreal. By the way, the "La Joute" fountain/sculpture is in the square just north of the hotel, and puts on a water/fire show during the summer that's fun to watch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Joute
When I stayed here, I too was very happy, esp as RA.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:24 pm

Intercontinental montreal

I'm planning a trip for a concert with my kid at bell centre at the end of August and I was wondering about how the intercontinental montreal offers the lounge for platinum members or is that not offered for platinum? I was hopping to use rewards points for 2 nights,also I saw where there is something called a club room and I wondered wether that's offered for platinum or is it something that needs to be purchased?

Thanks,
Old May 9, 2013, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Lounge access is only given to Royal Ambassadors (as said in other threads, Platinum status does not give much at ICs).
Old May 11, 2013, 2:09 am

Loved this hotel. This hotel was the last stop on our honeymoon in 2009, got upgraded to a corner suite.

The breakfast buffet was absolutely amazing and worth every penny.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:46 pm
Suspended

IC Montreal ?

Hi

after reading TA reviews about this hotel, it seems to be a nice property with ideal location but very poor service ?

any recent opinion ?

thanks
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this property would have changed its behavior but after reading the latest Tripadvisor reviews I guess they have not learned their lesson.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:29 pm
Suspended

that's what i'm thinking too

i can see that the general manager answered to each negative review with a pathetic copy & paste generic response
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go for the Embassy Suites, they seem to have great reviews and I think bfast is included. Or else Sofitel or W.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
I found the service to be fantastic as an RA. Great property and great lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Well as an RA, I got upgraded to the room I booked last time I stayed there, locked out of the room due to bad cards (and asked to prove who I was with everything in the safe), and had my wife's contacts locked in the minibar as they had fubar'd the credit card auth.

Loved the club, especially the secondary room, less so when sports watchers took over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.