Search

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by MXM135
Standard upgrade for RAs at this property is the Tourelle Suite plus Club access. These suites are the xx00 rooms with a small bedroom. On rare occasions you may be assigned one of the larger Royal Ambassador suites on the upper floors.
Well I guess this is a rare occasion. After several Tourelle suites this time I'm in a Royal Ambassador suite. I guess it is a big larger, but not by much. But still very nice with a large bathroom and a very large tub for two.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If I book the Tourelle Suite and I join the Ambassador program (for $200, I think), do you know what suite will I likely be upgraded to?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Any recent RA experience? Do they stick to rule? It seems Tourelle Suite has better view than Executive Suite. So book King Corner gets me Tourelle Suite?
I emailed the hotel but no response.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:16 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well I guess this is a rare occasion. After several Tourelle suites this time I'm in a Royal Ambassador suite. I guess it is a big larger, but not by much. But still very nice with a large bathroom and a very large tub for two.
Glad to know you seem to like this property. I'm putting my Mom and friends up here at a very good rate before they embark on a Canada/New England cruise next summer.

Anything you'd recommend about this hotel or the local sights they should or might like to know? I know I can trust your judgment.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by scienm
Any recent RA experience? Do they stick to rule? It seems Tourelle Suite has better view than Executive Suite. So book King Corner gets me Tourelle Suite?
I emailed the hotel but no response.
There haven't been many recent posts.

I'm just a regular plat-ambassador and am curious what kind of upgrade I can expect. I booked a King Corner View, but can still change it. It seems like the suites are the only rooms above that (plus the club rooms, though the T&C say that they don't have to upgrade to club rooms). Will they be nice enough to also throw in club access?

Last edited by BigE; Sep 16, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
How’s the condition of this property? Their rates seem around the same as Westin/Delta/Sheraton. Wondering if I should give IC a try.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1k
travelzoo has a $149 rate on the hotel now and they treat RA really well.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:29 am

Anyone got any recent experience here? Their website says that the Club is currently closed.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:02 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Bump any more recent experiences here?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:43 am

Stayed one night this week using Select card free night. Friendly staff. Upgraded to large high-floor (non-suite) room as Spire Ambassador. The Ambassador benefits were provided with no issues, despite using a free night cert. Offered choice of check-in amenity of either cheese plate or cheese and charcuterie plate. Club lounge is open, but not available without additional payment. Exercise gym available. Pool currently requires reservations due to covid, and entire province is still under mask mandate. Room was spacious but a bit tired and could use renovation.

Last edited by flightline; Apr 16, 2022 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:21 pm

Appreciate the report I’m planning a trip in June there
How were the beds?.Other reviewers say hard as a rock quite firm
accurate?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
...How were the beds?.Other reviewers say hard as a rock quite firm
accurate?
No, I didn't find the beds to be particularly hard at all. Basically normal.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by flightline
No, I didn't find them to be especially hard at all. Basically normal.
Appreciate
So consistent with other IC beds NY Times Square San Francisco etc all which are excellent and pillow top like
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Appreciate the report I’m planning a trip in June there
Let us know how things went (if you ended up taking the trip). We're planning a short trip in Oct and debating between here versus the new Hyatt Centric (which should be open by mid-Oct for our dates but who knows). I have Glob status with Hyatt and only Plat here but have some free nights expiring so need to use them before EOY.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Skramer86
Let us know how things went (if you ended up taking the trip). We're planning a short trip in Oct and debating between here versus the new Hyatt Centric (which should be open by mid-Oct for our dates but who knows). I have Glob status with Hyatt and only Plat here but have some free nights expiring so need to use them before EOY.

Thanks in advance!
There we so many complaints about the InterCon and their tired dated decor with hard beds I went instead to the Ritz Carlton,The Vogue (Curio Hotel by Hilton) & The Grand Opening of The Hyatt Place Montreal
The beds were all firm to me but in order of preference Ritz Vogue Hyatt Place (like a rock)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.