Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:25 pm

Had a three night stay recently using free night certs. We're just platinum status so didn't really expect any benefits.

We were very pleased with the hotel. I didn't think anything looked tired about the hotel. In fact we noted how clean/stain-free the common areas appeared (upholstery, carpet, etc.). It is perhaps dated though. Our (two double) room seemed spacious for an urban location. The bath had a separate (small) shower from the tub. Parking was reasonable at $25 CAN per night.

The biggest benefit, however, would be location. The attached part of the underground city is convenient and has a piece of the Berlin wall. We had bagels there, and there are lunch options also. There is also a nice bakery (Boulangerie Ange) across the square. The hotel itself is on the very edge of Old Montreal, so plenty of tourist activities are walkable. Old Montreal was very nice, with a distinctly European feel.

Edit: we also didn't feel that the beds were particularly hard.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Anyone try out the 40N lounge access and diamond benefit here after new IHG reward?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:45 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Did not have Club access when I last stayed there a few weeks ago but got my diamond breakfast every day at the restaurant (I posted about my stay in the Ambassador stay sticky thread)
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Did not have Club access when I last stayed there a few weeks ago but got my diamond breakfast every day at the restaurant (I posted about my stay in the Ambassador stay sticky thread)
Got Lounge access with 40N cert successfully when mentioned to front desk and show it in reward wallet.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by charliechan51
Got Lounge access with 40N cert successfully when mentioned to front desk and show it in reward wallet.
Just wanted to confirm that the lounge is in fact open now? I booked a club room, so I would think that it is open, but I was just at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta and even though they allow you to book club rooms (at a premium) the lounge is closed.

Also any recent reviews of the lounge and/or the Diamond Elite breakfast? (besides the Admiral's)
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by tvsfrank
Just wanted to confirm that the lounge is in fact open now? I booked a club room, so I would think that it is open, but I was just at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta and even though they allow you to book club rooms (at a premium) the lounge is closed.

Also any recent reviews of the lounge and/or the Diamond Elite breakfast? (besides the Admiral's)
I just stay there last week, it is opening, you get snack and drink all over the day, I didn’t try the HH as I’m not a HH fans, but I saw there is some sandwich and wine when i walk-by. It is also offering self service buffet breakfast in the morning.
diamond breakfast is in the restaurant and you get a le cart choice.
I didn’t take photo in club as I just stay there for little time for dessert etc.
there is some photo for diamond breakfast and it is getting staff serving you once you enter the restaurant.

Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:18 am

11/12/22 Mini Review

I completed a recent 2-night stay to use up my Free Weekend Night Ambassador Reward. I have Intercontinental Ambassador and IHG Diamond status.

Original Room booked: 2 DOUBLE INTERCONTINENTAL CLUB
Price Paid: 540 CAD total for the 2 nights which includes the discount for the free night
Upgrade Received: 2508 Royal Ambassador Suite (1 bedroom suite)
Valet Parking: 40 CAD / night
Ambassador F&B credit: 25 CAD

Room - Room itself was solid, clean, and dated. There are 2 bathrooms, one when you walk in and one in the bedroom. Living room couch is a pull out which they will make for you on request. Nice view of the port. Beds were comfortable.

Lounge - Decent breakfast in the lounge, premade scrambled eggs, sausage, crepes in syrup, breakfast potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, charcuterie, breads (bagels/toast), and some pastries. There is a multi-drink coffee machine that can make lattes and hot chocolate. Evening service is from 5:30-7:30, charcuterie/cheese, canapes (savory and sweet), sandwiches/wraps, and some kind of main dish (pasta the first night, sliced beef in gravy the 2nd). Evening drinks are bottled beer, house wine, sparkling wine, and about 5 bottles of liquor for mixed drinks (scotch/whiskey, rum, vodka, gin). Drinks are self-serve or the attendant can make you a drink as well. Service in the evening was very good, he always made sure my wife's wine glass was full. During the day they will put out some very hard cookies, and once they had some very good freshly baked muffins. Always available are bottled water, cans of soda, and cups of yogurt in the fridge. Overall I was happy with the lounge, it was good for snacks and bottled water.

Location - great location - we could explore the underground city, and it was an easy walk to Notre-Dame and the old port (there is a science center there for the kids).

Service - overall was good. Did get a little possible passive aggression from the valet a few times over some misunderstandings.

Breakfast - this was easily the worst part about the stay. We were told we could get one entree each from the breakfast menu for my Diamond amenity. The food took forever to get there, at least 45-60 minutes which is forever in breakfast time. My wife's scrambled eggs was the same pre-made scrambled eggs from the lounge, and my omelette was also tiny and very bad. Fruit, pastries, and potatoes that came with breakfast were also the same ones found in the lounge. We skipped breakfast the 2nd day, which is a shame because they did have other things I wanted to try that were not available in the lounge.

Final note - it was nice to finally get an actual suite upgrade. I've completed 6 or 7 stays this year at IHG and Hyatt properties (Diamond/Globalist) in the US, and not once have been given a suite upgrade until now.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:12 pm

Article in La Presse today (only found the new in french media) about the sale of IC Montreal to Mach Group.

They have renewed the agreement with IHG and have signed the current GM to a long term contract, they also will spend 20-25 million over the next 3 years refreshing the rooms (which need it).

Seems like good news for the hotel going forward

https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/mar...ontinental.php
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 7:58 am

Anyone have a good email address for the hotel? They don't answer from [email protected]

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Anyone have a good email address for the hotel? They don't answer from [email protected]

Thanks
Turns out that is the hotel's email. Very strange.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Staying here now, about to wrap up an interesting grand tour of sights across the St.Lawrence river. So much diverse activities from hiking to the Mary of Saguenay, Quebec city waterfalls & St Anne miracle statue, Trois Rivieres' Holy pelgrimage Shrine. From moose to maple syrup : the cuisine in this region is exciting !

We came off a Seabourn Cruise from NYC,
Looks of petrification amongst the mix & mingle when i told at the Captain's table that we are staying at IC Montréal......

Most chose the Ritz-Carlton / Fairmont / FourSeasons / Sofitel GoldenMile.
Walked by all those today .... fancy schmanzy places and an easier fit to your location needs if you want to stay admist the action of St.Catherine Str. or McGill University

Expect a complete analysis next week after our return home.
This is an IC that needs a manual on how to have a good stay or so you are informed on what to expect.
(which i may hopefully have the honor of providing through my review)
We both had a good chuckle at some things but with a hint of understanding of how things are run here, just accepted the flow. We are content with our stay when we read competitor hotel reviews and compare it to the IC.

The hotel feels to me as pleasent, safe, clean but don't expect "epic" & other superlatives .... Weirdly enough i do like the "dated" look as they become quite rare .... as Admiral Ackbar mentioned before, the hotel is due to get a renovation so i am happy to have stayed here before it turns into some kind of ME golden palace or Philip Starcke design ego without functional usability of common sense ......

But it will be interested to see how the hotel evovles from the past:
IC Montreal Archive Thread (prior to January 01, 2011)

to now at present and onwards to the future.

The only Canadian ICs that still remain are only in Montréal & Toronto

Last edited by HadesNL; Oct 24, 2023 at 6:27 pm
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:07 am

Looking forward to your review, as you say if you keep your expectations to North American IC level you should be OK.

I MUCH prefer the IC location in Old Montréal rather than the Golden Square Mile where the fancy schmancy hotels are located, much more authentic.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat, you can't go wrong with Monarque, either the more casual brasserie or the more formal dining room are very good. Glad you are enjoying our cuisine!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
if you keep your expectations to North American IC level
I checked in last night and indeed I realise that is important.
So I’ll wait till I complete a stay in another North American IC next week before making any comment…
HadesNL likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Romain_
I checked in last night and indeed I realise that is important.
So I’ll wait till I complete a stay in another North American IC next week before making any comment…
I have this hotel under consideration for an immenent stay. Would you be kind enough to elaborate on how your upgrade and F&B benefit experience went?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Using the F&B voucher at IC Montréal

Within rewards wallet you can select the voucher to be used,
The system should recognise your hotel room and you ought to be able to redeem

I cannot say if it works as i am saving my vouchers for use at others brands than at IC (because higher IC spend counts for RA requalification)

F&B voucher $20 is worth 26,85 CAD

Last edited by HadesNL; Oct 26, 2023 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.