Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Have a question, if one books Tourelle Suite as an Ambassador, what would the upgrade be? Thinking of booking this using BOGO.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by canesfan
Have a question, if one books Tourelle Suite as an Ambassador, what would the upgrade be? Thinking of booking this using BOGO.
I have a stay in the Tourelle Suite for March 20-22 as a Plat Ambassador using a BOGO. I will report back after my stay
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by canesfan
I don't check in until tomorrow but looking at my reservation they upgraded me to the King IC Club Suite.

http://montreal.intercontinental.com...ms/illustrious
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:10 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I'm going to Canada for my Honeymoon in the summer and am spending 3 nights in Montreal as part of a trip down memory lane for my wife who spent her teenage years there. It's not exactly the romantic part of the trip but I'm looking for quality accommodation and am torn between the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the IC. Personally I prefer the position of the IC.

As we've blown the budget on the rest of the holiday I'm looking to save a few $$$ here. The Marriotts coming in at $770 for the 3 nights and as I'm a plat I do get access to the lounge, and a very likely non-suite upgrade. Not that the lounge is worth that much, apparently. The IC is priced at $700, so cheaper but as IHG Plat without the lounge access. However lowcostholidays.com is offering my 3 nights at the IC at £295 ($550). It's not BRG-able as its in GBP. Nor will it qualify for points, but it's cheap, it works out at less than $150/night (before taxes and 2nd adult charge) which seems to be the minimum price at this hotel.

So to my question. On a non-IHG booked room at Rock-bottom rate what are my chances as an IHG Plat of an upgrade, club access, free wifi, in fact anything other than the worst room in the property featuring elevators to the left, ice machine to the right and a dumpster view with matching aromas?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
... what are my chances as an IHG Plat of an upgrade, club access, free wifi, in fact anything other than the worst room in the property ...?
In May 2014, as an IHG Platinum and IC (regular, not Royal) Ambassador using a combination of BOGO and AAA rates for 7 nights, we got a reasonably nice room upgrade to a regular corner room with an OK view about halfway up (don't remember the floor).

WiFi was comped, but for lounge access had to pay 40 CAD/night for the two of us. Was led to believe it was normally 40 CAD per person, but was offered (and took) the 40-CAD-for-two rate. Unsure if the offer was due to Plat or Ambassador status ... or a combination of the two. (Thinking of it as 20 CAD per person, both ms. jmd001 and I felt it was a reasonable rate for the quantity and quality of food and beverages we got since access was not a guaranteed benefit of with IHG Platinum or IC Ambassador).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:19 pm

Breakfast included/offered for the Club room guests?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Breakfast included/offered for the Club room guests?

Thanks
Yes breakfast, small plates in the evening, and drinks from 6 to 8
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:27 am
Bob

Programs: AA 2MM
As between the Montreal IC and Westin is there a clear winner?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bob
As between the Montreal IC and Westin is there a clear winner?
Westin is a better hotel.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
How flexible are they with late check-outs (4pm)? IHG Platinum only, with no Ambassador status.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Is alcohol free at the Club Lounge?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Is alcohol free at the Club Lounge?
Yes.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes.
Gotta love Montreal for this hahaha, always bothers me when I stay @ IC Toronto Centre and being used to the EU IC!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Gotta love Montreal for this hahaha, always bothers me when I stay @ IC Toronto Centre and being used to the EU IC!
I never pay at the Toronto Centre either. They have that sign, but I never pay and no one ever asks me.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I never pay at the Toronto Centre either. They have that sign, but I never pay and no one ever asks me.
I see, I always wondered about not paying for it but never really tried it. Their prices were outrageous!

It wasn't a huge deal for RA but they its different selection, especially wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.