Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm in BKK next week at the IC and will ask them about a way to contact the IC Hua Hin via email. Supposedly they have hired some key staff by now and progress is apparently good, but still no email to answer basic reservation queries doesn't instill tons of confidence.

Regarding the transfer I hope they will do better then what the ICC BKK offered in form of a 7-series for 11K THB which is ridiculous. Of course that is up tothe IC Hua Hin to organize and ofer and not the IC BKK.

The HI Cha-Am offers a shuttle bus (some decent Toyota minivan) to their property for 500 THB per person one-way and they do pick ups from the IC BKK. If you or your party are the only ones traveling that day then the min. cost is 2K THB for the entire bus as if 4 people would be going. That is excellent value and one would hope the IC Hua Hin can pull off something similar to that. The Hyatt BKK also offers tranfers to the Hyatt Hua Hin in a minibus for a more reasonable cost.

On a side note, the hotel is sold out over Xmas to New Years and I'm really wondering how they will handle potential RA upgrades gven that there maybe 5-10 in residence at a property with only 119 rroms total and less then half of those (IIRC) being above the entry lavel deluxe room category. Will be interesting and I'm sure several of us are dying to find out before we actually stand in front of the check in counter
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by d3vski
Spoke to IC BKK regarding transfers to Hua Hin,

they quoted me 11,000 thb per way in a BMW 7 Series or Toyota camry through a private company for 4,500 thb per way.

Also need to ask regarding the "Opening Special" rate, it includes 2breakfasts. Does this mean breakfast for two throughout the stay or is it just literally breakfast for 2 days?
2 breakfasts every day.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Confused you will be !

Well they are not answering anything on their direct email address.
The only thing I can see from them is restrictions on fully flex rates being inconsistent - have already expressed my admiration (sic) for their pricing methods with the Ambassador Service Centre

Example the hotel has a special event on dd/mm therefore even though your corporate rate should be fully flexible you are required to pay a non refundable five day deposit
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG
Phantom upgrages

Originally Posted by demue
...............I'm really wondering how they will handle potential RA upgrades
Phantom Upgrades ?

A very good question. I predict that suddenly a new room category will appear, perhaps King Executive Deluxe or even King Grande Deluxe.

Of course, the room will be exactly the same as a King Deluxe but may include aroma oils or perhaps free local calls.

I booked early and got the opening special rate (with b/fast) for 11 nights over the new year.

My emails to the hotel have not been answered and when I telephoned (I could hear building work in progress) I was told that IC Bangkok were handling the reservations, so I sent an email to BKK and they forwarded it to Hua Hin !

This was 4 weeks ago and still no reply .

Last edited by midnight; Oct 21, 2009 at 9:18 am Reason: Main heading should say "Phantom Upgrades", cannot be edited.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: SK EBG
Hmmm....actually booked 2 rooms (opening special) for a 2 weeks family vacation from 1 Dec awhile back - before realising that the opening was actually on 1 Dec! I had it somewhere that the opening was in November.

But I hope all goes as planned as I've not heard that it doesn't.

Last news I've seen is:
http://www.huahintoday.net/en/events...l--hua-hin.htm
Old Oct 27, 2009, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by midnight
Phantom Upgrades ?

A very good question. I predict that suddenly a new room category will appear, perhaps King Executive Deluxe or even King Grande Deluxe.

Of course, the room will be exactly the same as a King Deluxe but may include aroma oils or perhaps free local calls.

I booked early and got the opening special rate (with b/fast) for 11 nights over the new year.

My emails to the hotel have not been answered and when I telephoned (I could hear building work in progress) I was told that IC Bangkok were handling the reservations, so I sent an email to BKK and they forwarded it to Hua Hin !

This was 4 weeks ago and still no reply .
Hmm now there is a thought. (not a nice one but hey) That would mirror the trick the IC BKK pulled out of its hat some time ago to satisfy those pesky RAs with their requests for more more more

Well while some RAs may overdo it with demands I wouldn't like such 'fake' room categories to be created unless they come with real tangible benefits like breakfast, F&B credit or one dinner granted, internet, free laundry items or how about a free spa treatment per person in the room and stay . Now a combination of some of theses mentioned benefits would be something to make up for not getting a proper room upgrade to a Pool access room or even the suites. (forget the villa though ) To be seen I guess.

On another note, while I'm sympathetic for the rush towards opening and all that it is still somewhat sad to see the such an upscale hotel unable to set up a simple email for the reservations team where at least booked guests can inquire and will be answered within reasonable timeframes of 2-3 days. It can be in some off-site office or even be handled by the IC BKK if they have some agreement but right now it is a very sad and confusing affair.

Let's hope things will improve with the supposedly very near soft openning in November.

Last edited by demue; Nov 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 28, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I like their ad of IC Hua Hin in one of the travel magazines. The room picture is so good that it made me wanting to visit the property soon!!

Last edited by kats; Oct 28, 2009 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by kats
I like their ad of IC Hua Hin in one of the travel magazines.
Is it possible to detail this (name of magazine or web link)? Thank you.

I have a reservation for the whole family from December 1st. Anyone else?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by mtresc

I will be there for 6 nights starting December 1st as well. They only have 3 pool villas. Have you booked one?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: SK EBG

2 Ocean View deluxe rooms 14 nights from Dec 1st - family.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by flying MD
I will be there for 6 nights starting December 1st as well. They only have 3 pool villas. Have you booked one?
Just booked a standard room from Dec 1st for 14 nights, but hoping for a nice RA upgrade .
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:55 pm

Just booked a standard room from Dec 1st for 14 nights, but hoping for a nice RA upgrade .
Well there is always hope right but as of now the 'first' official answer I received from the IC Hua Hin (after a very reasonable 3 days given that they are rushing for opening) is not encouraging for RAs.

In their words there will be a one category upgrade from the booked room category for RAs. Now according to that policy (my interpretation) that would mean the following:

1. Deluxe Room >>> Deluxe Ocean View Room

2. Deluxe Ocean View Room >>> Deluxe Pool Access Room

3. Deluxe Pool Access Room >>> Oceanview Suite

4. Oceanview Suite >>> Premier Oceanview Suite

5. (???) Premier Oceanview Suite >>> Oceanfront Villa

Now upgrades up to #4 I could imagine, but to #5 I feel they may decide to exclude this specialty suite / villa from any upgrades (though someone who pays for a Premier Oceanview Suite is price wise quite close already to the villa).

Either way, what irks me about this is that there is absolutely zero disctinction between Amb & RA when it comes to room upgrades and it does appear to be on somewhat slippery ground when it comes to RA T&Cs. Every Amb member rightfully - as per T&Cs - will receive a one category upgrade at the IC Hua Hin the same as RAs - not that this is something unheard of before.

Now of course there are the other regular RA benefits like minibar, early checkin / late checkout, movie (if available), etc that will be granted but that is a given anyway. Room wise it is somewhat disappointing though for now.

I replied back to them asking for an explantion on how this suggested RA room upgrade policy aligns with the RA T&Cs and will see what they reply. I also suggested to get management to review and reconsider this approach. of course, as another poster suggetsed, they could follow the IC BKK approach and create a new 'fake' room category called Executive Ocean View room and position this above a regular Deluxe Ocean View room without any actual difference between the rooms other then some joky internet access.

I do understand that they are a smaller resort hotel with limited rooms, but I feel they should consider a 2-category upgrade for RAs until you reach the Oceanview Suite level or do 1-category and bundle in some tangible extra benefits like free breakfast, free internet, laundry items or maybe a complimentary spa treatment per stay, ... etc to sweeten the deal. Otherwise they may loose a big following before they even get started.

Let's see what happens. While I'm sympathetic for the overall situation right now it does not feel right the way it is. Just IMHO.

Last edited by demue; Nov 2, 2009 at 10:55 pm
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Thanks demue for posting the reply from the IC Hua Hin. ^ I fully support your view and really hope that they're not going the "BKK way". Please keep us updated!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:50 am

Nothing yet on my comments about the planned one category room upgrade for RAs (same as for Ambs), but that's okay as it hasn't even been a week. I hope they do take the comments as consructive 'thoughts' and not file it under typical RA complaints or whining. I wrote it in a more then polite and accomodating way and basically positioned it that they should rather get some clarity on it now and avoid lots of discussions and disappoinments by the 'RA crowd' later.

Yes at opening rates of around 4K THB many people may not argue about upgrades a lot, but given the indication one has of future desired room rates by the hotel in the 7-10K THB range for a deluxe room depening on time of the year they better get this sorted now as folks will care then.

Anyone else managed to solicit answers to their questions?

Ohh btw, the IC Hua Hin mentioned that they will provide a (paid / charged) shuttle service beween the IC BKK & IC HH. Details to be emailed to me once it is decided and setup. Good stuff.

Last edited by demue; Nov 8, 2009 at 8:25 pm
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Is it possible to detail this (name of magazine or web link)?
The ad is in recent Travel & Leisure magazines, South East Asia edition. I still want to try IC Hua Hin before my RA expires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.