Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:19 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by eknock007
Any recent datapoints on paid upgrades from point bookings. Have already booked Conrad on points but want to open the possibility of booking LeMoana instead.
If there's availability then you can pay to upgrade. Price is based on the difference between beach bungalow to lagoon overwater bungalow posted on the standard rates in their lobby. On my return visit from the same trip, I inquired about an upgrade. I was first quoted the standard price difference but I asked why it was a lot more than the price on IHG. The front desk staff went to ask her manager, then she came back and offered me a free upgrade to lagoon bungalow or a slight discount for the horizon overwater bungalow. I didn't hesitate and went for the free upgrade. Horizon would of been around $250 a night plus taxes. I was upgraded my last two nights of my stay. There weren't availability on the first two nights. I'm a platinum ambassador. Maybe that had something to do with the free upgrade. Search for availability before asking for an upgrade or they'll just tell you there's no availability.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by christenlabelle
We rode past the Conrad on jetskis and the property appeared way way nicer at the Conrad than at the Le Moana. Le Moana is small without much amenity to it, and is located on the part of the island with the worst wind. I think the Conrad gets a lot of wind too as it faces outward to sea, but they seemed to have 3-4 times the size and I'd imagine 3-4 times the offerings of Le Moana.
I'm sorry but riding past a property on jet skis is no way to judge a property nor is the size. The Le Moana is a charming property with a great and friendly staff.. it is walking distance to shops and restaurants not readily available to many properties on Bora, especially the ones on the motus...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by christenlabelle
We rode past the Conrad on jetskis and the property appeared way way nicer at the Conrad than at the Le Moana. Le Moana is small without much amenity to it, and is located on the part of the island with the worst wind. I think the Conrad gets a lot of wind too as it faces outward to sea, but they seemed to have 3-4 times the size and I'd imagine 3-4 times the offerings of Le Moana.
Yeah I realize that Conrad's genrerally are a step above IC's. However, since Bora Bora has been on my families bucket list for awhile, at this point it doesn't matter where we stay in Bora Bora, as long as we stay in an OW bungalow and not over pay for it. We are certainly not looking for anything luxurious.

Over at the Conrad Bora Bora board, I have read people are paying about $450/day to upgrade to an OW bungalow. If I can half that at the Le Moana, I'll take it. Besides both my wife and daughter are picky eaters and having the option of dining wherever on the main island daily is certainly an advantage for us. From the pictures that I seen on Tripadvisor and other sites, the Le Moana is certainly no pushover. Like my wife said, a picture from the deck of a Conrad OW bugalow will probably look the same as a picture from the deck of a Le Moana OW bungalow.

I appreciate the comment though.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by Vay
If there's availability then you can pay to upgrade. Price is based on the difference between beach bungalow to lagoon overwater bungalow posted on the standard rates in their lobby. On my return visit from the same trip, I inquired about an upgrade. I was first quoted the standard price difference but I asked why it was a lot more than the price on IHG. The front desk staff went to ask her manager, then she came back and offered me a free upgrade to lagoon bungalow or a slight discount for the horizon overwater bungalow. I didn't hesitate and went for the free upgrade. Horizon would of been around $250 a night plus taxes. I was upgraded my last two nights of my stay. There weren't availability on the first two nights. I'm a platinum ambassador. Maybe that had something to do with the free upgrade. Search for availability before asking for an upgrade or they'll just tell you there's no availability.
Appreciate the insight. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
I do... many times with TOPDIVE Tahiti... good operation.. can have some good dives in both locations probably better in Bora... we just got back last night from a two week trip to the Tuamotus where we now go exclusively rather than Bora or Moorea... about twice a year... also, probably a bit cheaper on Bora, I have a friend who is a guide at Eleuthera Diving.. Fun guide... ask for David... TopDive is great though and they have a dive center right on the Thalasso property
Hey Buzzman, thanks for the info. Quick question about Tuamotus, is it only live aboards for diving there? Or can we fly there and find some diving with 5ish days?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador
Any recent datapoints on paid upgrades from point bookings. Have already booked Conrad on points but want to open the possibility of booking LeMoana instead.
Just checked in for 2 nights as a platinum ambassador and was upgraded to overwater bungalow at no charge and without asking. First night was Chase reward certificate and 2nd night on points. More then likely has to do with it being slow season so I wouldn't tell you to necessarily expect it but am going to Thalasso and coming back and will be checking in as just platinum member so we will see if we get upgraded then.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by blind1985
Hey Buzzman, thanks for the info. Quick question about Tuamotus, is it only live aboards for diving there? Or can we fly there and find some diving with 5ish days?
No there are many dive centers on Rangiroa, Tikihau and Fakarava. I still prefer Topdive which has dive centers on both islands... and they have a new owner who is doing a lot of equipment upgrades on both atolls... so there is plenty of opportunity to dive in most of the inhabited atolls... Topdive also has a inter Island pass which will give you some break in pricing. I still think the diving in Fakarave is the best diving in the world.. and I've been to many locations...

Last edited by Buzzman; Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 am Reason: added Tikihau
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:41 am

Anyone have a contact email I can use to ask about paid upgrades from points. I sent one to [email protected], but I have not received a response. Wondering if this is the right place to send the request.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: NZ
Stayed here for two nights in the December trough right before the holidays. As a Platinum member, both nights were upgraded to OWVs at check in without asking.

We took the shuttle to the Thalasso for sunset drinks (~$26 round trip per person) which was very nice, particularly as the Thalasso didn't have last minute availability for us.

The breakfast is basic and a bit over priced even with the 50% off, considering there are several dining options available walking distance from the hotel. It would be fine for 1-2 nights, but for any longer stays, you'll quickly get sick of it, so I wouldn't recommend buying the discounted breakfast option for long stays.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:43 am

Staying two nights in March. Curious about upgrade - anyone get responses to emails?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Staying two nights in March. Curious about upgrade - anyone get responses to emails?
Keep trying. They lag, but will get with you eventually....
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:29 am

Ive got 6 nights booked here. 2 on chase free nights that were earned and 4 nights that were booked via booking error using "chase free nights". Anyone ever traveled on this? Risky considering I only had 2 actual free nights but was able to book 4 additional even though I didnt have the points or the "actual" free nights. According to the resort they are all reward nights. DM me if you deem necessary, dont want to travel down there and be stuck with a 4K bill for the 4 nights. TIA
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Ive got 6 nights booked here. 2 on chase free nights that were earned and 4 nights that were booked via booking error using "chase free nights". Anyone ever traveled on this? Risky considering I only had 2 actual free nights but was able to book 4 additional even though I didnt have the points or the "actual" free nights. According to the resort they are all reward nights. DM me if you deem necessary, dont want to travel down there and be stuck with a 4K bill for the 4 nights. TIA
If it was me, I wouldn't risk it unless you were fully ready to pay the 4K bill.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:35 am

Update:

I was upgraded to an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow for XPF25,553 per night. Me and my wife had a combination of paid, points, and free nights reservations (8 nights). Didn't have to pre-pay, but all of our reservations were updated to show an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow. We are going to be there in April during spring break, so I figured the hotel will be at near capacity so I didn't want to wait till I showed up to inquire about paid upgrades.Just for curiosity, I tried to do a dummy booking for an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow for the dates I am going to be there and there are no rooms in that category available to book., only Horizon Overwater Bugalows.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:16 am

Anyone have a contact email I can use to ask about paid upgrades from points. I sent one to [email protected], but I have not received a response. Wondering if this is the right place to send the request.
‘Give it a coupe days. They are not fast to respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.