Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by schofs
I think there's an hour free in the rooms, but not sure as I didn't take (read: wasn't allowed to take) my laptop.

In the business centre it's 700 Francs (about £4) for 15 minutes.
Is that an hour per day?
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Camino1
Is that an hour per day?
4 years ago it was 15 minutes free for an Ambassador at the IC Tahiti only. The first 15 minutes of usage, not per day, that is.

It may have changed by now.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 1:30 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Camino1
Is that an hour per day?
I'm not sure because I didn't use it, but if you do get an hour free then I'm 99% certain it's for the stay.

During your stay you'll quickly come to realise that you have to pay for everything, and pay a lot. The only thing that's provided is the transfer to the mainland and back, and that's on their schedule alone - if you miss it, there's no other way of getting across short of spending a fortune hiring a boat!

Originally Posted by michaelr
4 years ago it was 15 minutes free for an Ambassador at the IC Tahiti only. The first 15 minutes of usage, not per day, that is.

It may have changed by now.
Still the case.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 5:28 am

... The only thing that's provided is the transfer to the mainland and back, and that's on their schedule alone - if you miss it, there's no other way of getting across short of spending a fortune hiring a boat!
Actually, the boat ride from and to the hotel is not free either. We had to pay about $55 four years ago for this transfers. You could, however, take the hotel van to Vaitape and then take the public airport shuttle. I think the shuttle free.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by michaelr
I think the shuttle free.

The shuttle boat that runs between BOB airport and Vaitape town at main island belongs to Air Tahiti and it is free if u are traveling with Air Tahiti , not with your private jet
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Bora Bora's InterContinental Debuts Honeymoon Villas

Sounds really tempting ....

Oct 5, 07
The InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana announced the completion of four new honeymoon villas. Featuring white décor and overlooking the Bora Bora lagoon, the suites are located in the furthest part of the resort's lagoon. The newly refurbished suites offer private in-room check-in, personalized turndown service and a spa bath filled with salts created by Algotherm.
In addition, newlyweds will enjoy a different in-room culinary experience delivered each day. Dining delicacies include Dom Perignon Champagne served with white chocolate dipped strawberries, breakfast for two delivered by outrigger canoe as well as coconut and Taha'a vanilla specialties. The Villa Blanche services are only available in Overwater Bungalow Horizon Villas with a supplement of 33,000 CFP per night with a minimum stay of four nights.

Source:
http://www.modernagent.com
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:14 pm

We just came back from this paradise
This time we also did a helicopter open door photo shoot
which was spectacular...

http://www.wildlifeland.com/BoraBora2/

Andrew
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Have a great time. It is beautiful there.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
Hi,

I'd be interested to know why you think this to be true. I also thought so but the the T's&C's for RA's do not specifically state that RA benefits are not available on reward stays. I just wonder whether this is factual or urban myth?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...ssador/tc.html

Any pointers?
The details in regards to reward nights can be found at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...tml#ambassador - the key phrase is:
When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.
So it's basically late check-out and free health club usage that remain as privileges on reward stays according to the T&C's.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 4:24 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
which was spectacular...

Andrew
And how was the treatment you received? Trip report or at least updates in the RA Experiences thread.

Inquiring minds want to know! Well at least I do as I'm going there in a few months for our honeymoon! Seriously, any thoughts?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by EdV
And how was the treatment you received? ...

Well, the hotel is great and that hasn't changed so you might just
check my last year's report
Seriously, we got a great bungalow and although we thought
they didn't do anything special for us, it was OK. It's a French hotel
and you get what you expect in a French hotel. They gave us
a great bottle of good champagne at the last day though - thanks!
But the location is the best on Bora Bora and nothing will change that...
We are already planning a trip next year, although we decided to
try the new Four Seasons as well.
We saw 3 extra garden villas which are now given away for points -
it would be a shame to go to Thalasso and stay in one of those -
would insist in getting an OWB - no matter what.
I think some things got a bit worse... The breakfast buffet
is obviously smaller and has less selection. The toiletries are local Tahiti
stuff and I remember it was more sophisticated last year.
But we got the same stuff in Tahiti IC where we spent one night,
so it must be FP attempt to save (?).
One thing I noticed more this year - most of the people
at Thalasso feel and act kind of out of their comfort zone...
Most of them are on honeymoon and they are not really relaxed
and enjoying the beauty of the place - they seem quite stiff,
don't talk to each other, it's kind of like it's their trip of the lifetime
and they assume they will never come back...
60% Japanese, less Americans this year, more Italians, some French...
There is a great new restaurant walking distance from Le Moana, so
very easy to get to - Le Matira Beach Restaurant.
Amazing food and a great service - they did fois gras and morels soup for us
as we asked about it...
Don't go to Bloody Mary - have no idea why people are still trying this
place - heard at least 3 couples complaining...
Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Portable FT Checker: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/155)

Will soon have finished my report on Schofs' Travels from my stay here, so watch this space

P.S. Couldn't agree more about Bloody Mary's - you'll see why when you read my report!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
which was spectacular...

Andrew
I've said it before about your other pictures, but I'll say it again about these new pictures. Those things are insanely good!!!! I especially liked the double rainbow picture. Is that really how it looked? I've never seen a double rainbow like that before!! ^

Thanks for posting them, even though they always make me feel bad that my pics always suck. ^
hyunsooahn likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:02 am

Am half way through my report of the whole trip now, but the sections on the InterContinental Bora Bora Thalasso (with bits of Moana) and InterContinental Tahiti are now up on Schofs' Travels
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, PC Plat Amb
Am half way through my report of the whole trip now, but the sections on the InterContinental Bora Bora Thalasso (with bits of Moana) and InterContinental Tahiti are now up on Schofs' Travels
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. schofs' travel blog is great, I enjoyed especially the comments about the "American" restaurant... Bloody Mary's... I will have some second thoughts.

I was reading through a lot of post in the last couple of days since I am in the middle of a "last minute" planning for a nice trip to Bora Bora around Thanksgiving - will be back for the turkey left overs . This being said, thanks to all for putting all the valuable information here.

So far we will have one night in IC Tahiti and 6 in IC Le Moana. Decided not to include IC Thalasso due to availability.

Unfortunately, my timing is slightly bad since my IC points didn't add up as expected this year. Just had to renew my Ambassador status and again away from getting RA. Therefore, I will need to use hard cash for the stay at IC Le Moana and can't use my *A miles any longer for the flight form LAX either.
At least I can use the IC free weekend certificate and get the upgrade (hopefully).

We like to explore local culture, so if anyone has any recommendation what to visit/see/do and where to eat, be my guest.

Thanks again. Looking forward to going there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.