Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by JetAway
Deluxe Harbour View Room vs. Superior junior Suite Pool View. I understand the suite is larger but which room overall has the best view and location? As an Ambassador I was upgraded to the suite but I'm not sure I want the upgrade since I like the DHV room. Suggestions?
I think the deluxe harbour rooms are my favorite non suite regular rooms. I love a suite for size but the regular rooms were quite big with huge bathroom. I too would prefer DHV than suite pool view. I'd book one down from DHV room so you upgraded to that.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Big Mac
Hmmm...
I am able to make a reservation for early April as well as mid May...
Maybe the hotel will stay open during the renovation?
It's quite costly to close the whole hotel for a year.
Closing date was once informed but it has been withdrawn.
Updated information has not been released yet.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Now I'm in ICHK. I have confirmed the closing of full renovations have been officially postponed until after Chinese New Year of 2019.

Renovations schedule is completely linked with the opening schedule of Rosewood Hotel Hong Kong.

Yan Toh Heen restaurant will be moved to center location of hotel (but same floor). And all of employees will be retained during this closing period.

Last edited by Raynyan; Jun 30, 2017 at 3:42 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:48 pm

I've just booked this deal for August 31 for 1 night using the LHRC Collection (Chase) portal:

Harbor View Room
Includes:
1) Buffet Breakfast
2) $100 Food and Beverage Credit, per room, per stay
3) Welcome Tea & Fruit
4) Comp WiFi

AND "Upgrade to Next room Category" subject to availability at check in.

$288.75 USD all in.

Any idea if the available upgrade would be to the Junior Suite (I have no Ambassador status).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by George Purcell
I've just booked this deal for August 31 for 1 night using the LHRC Collection (Chase) portal:

Harbor View Room
Includes:
1) Buffet Breakfast
2) $100 Food and Beverage Credit, per room, per stay
3) Welcome Tea & Fruit
4) Comp WiFi

AND "Upgrade to Next room Category" subject to availability at check in.

$288.75 USD all in.

Any idea if the available upgrade would be to the Junior Suite (I have no Ambassador status).
I think HV -> Dlx HV is your upgrade, as categories are
o HV
o Dlx HV
o Superior JS
o Deluxe JS
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:08 pm

(deleted)

Last edited by steve76; Jul 14, 2017 at 6:46 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:27 pm

Just made a booking for 3 nights in early August as a Plat Elite through Virtuoso for a superior room.

Upgrade to HV room confirmed - but we are two adults + 12 yr old and reservations claims all rollaway beds are committed. Can this be right in low season? Will the two double beds accommodate us?

Also the last night is a free room cert. upgraded to a HV for a charge. Will the PE late check-out benefit be extended for that?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

The two double beds will accommodate you. And yes, late check-out will be extended if it's available for PE. If you're an IC Ambassador, then a 4 PM check-out will be guaranteed.

Enjoy the view. I just stayed there last weekend in their executive suite.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
InterContinental Hong Kong to undergo a major renovation starting Q1 2019

Received by email earlier today...

InterContinental Hong Kong is expected to close for a major renovation in the first quarter of 2019, with the entire renovation taking 12-16 months. The hotel will undergo a spectacular transformation that will position it as one of the top hotels not only in Asia, but also as one of the world’s most iconic hotels. The total transformation will span all guest rooms and suites including bathrooms, all public areas, restaurants and event venues, as well as a redesign of the building façade with a contemporary new look.

The hotel’s celebrated restaurants and event venues are anticipated to reopen in the evenings from late summer 2019. Yan Toh Heen, InterContinental Hong Kong’s 2-Michelin star Cantonese restaurant, will remain open for dinner throughout the renovation.

link.hk-intercontinental.com/u/gm.php?prm=gnZ7hVpI1M_761646900_1925450_28502
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Expat_852
Is this notify more valid than before? Date has moved a few times already, could move again
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Is this notify more valid than before? Date has moved a few times already, could move again
Hopefully not, as whilst the public areas are largely fine, the rooms are already a few years overdue a renovation and the bathrooms more like 10 years, I would say...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:01 am
Pid

Programs: BA Silver; Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Some advice please. As a Spire Ambassador I booked two nights using my ambassador weekend certificate. Booked a Deluxe Harbour Room and after reading this thread expected to be upgraded to either a Deluxe Jnr Suite Harbour View or if unlucky then a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. After booking I noticed the booking had changed to a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. It then changed to a Partial Harbour View and now is showing as a Pool view. Do I have any recourse to challenge them to change it back to a harbour view suite as I booked the hotel for the view.

During email discussion regarding club access they do state I have been allocated the Partial Harbour View Suite.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pid
Some advice please. As a Spire Ambassador I booked two nights using my ambassador weekend certificate. Booked a Deluxe Harbour Room and after reading this thread expected to be upgraded to either a Deluxe Jnr Suite Harbour View or if unlucky then a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. After booking I noticed the booking had changed to a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. It then changed to a Partial Harbour View and now is showing as a Pool view. Do I have any recourse to challenge them to change it back to a harbour view suite as I booked the hotel for the view.

During email discussion regarding club access they do state I have been allocated the Partial Harbour View Suite.
I was in a similar situation at another IHG property and was told that the upgrade is dependent on availability. I was not happy at all since I saw my upgrades change online, but nothing is guaranteed until check-in. It wouldn't hurt to talk to the ambassador desk at the hotel, but don't have high hopes. The customer service is excellent at the ICHK.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Pid

You need wait until checkin. In any case the Sup JS "partial harbour view" is far from being a restricted view and on balance a room you will prefer over standard HV room you booked upfront.

Any reservastion upgrade mods seen online before arrival are subject to change. If AMBs complain too loud about the online mod before arrival+checkin, IC's will simply change to never modding bookings pre-arrival which is not in us Amb/RAs interests

Yes old upgrade was Dlx HV -> Dlx J/S , but around Apr2016 IC-HK started selling the Sup JS rooms, that were previously not advertised and thus only used as upgrade rooms for RAs booking base room (an upgrade given on both paid+award nights)
Even at this stage pre-Apr2016 before Sup JS cat added for booking, AMBs whilst allowed the Dlx JS, would also get Sup JS instead if the Dlx JS's all needed for sold rooms + RAs booking HV rooms.

Since Apr2016, Sup JS alas counts in upgrade path for both Amb's and (annoyingly) RAs, and RAs no longer get Sup JS as upgrade from base room (although I never book that low base room category)

My (and some others) thoughts at the time (Apr2016) was that some guests would not call sup JS bigger room an uipgrade as preferring the full HV view. Other guests would prefer the JS Partial/Pool view and biiger footprint , and thus why IC-HK originally did not sell Sup JS direct, hotel wanting to avoid the occasional angry upgraded guest.

The Sup JS Partial View descriptor is not doing the Sup JS view justice though, hotel is just necessarily being open/honest in room description. The sup JS is a perfectly fine room, though myself I always book pre-upgrade to receive a Dlx JS or Exec JS.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:28 pm
Pid

Programs: BA Silver; Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the advice. Will wait to see what I get offered at check in then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.