Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It will be both the pool and the spa that are closed for their annual deep cleaning/repairs , the Pullman is the other side of the road
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:08 am

Any recent insight on what's included in their Club lounge services? There used to be a brief description on the website, which has now vanished. Up until late last year, e.g., the in-room mini-bar was still included, iirc.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:11 pm

In room mini bar is not free , you will get still and sparkling water. Lounge as before has breakfast, all day soft drinks and beers with sandwiches and cakes after 14.00. Then after 17.00 canapes and full bar inc. Champagne. Spa access is still included
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:46 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Recently I wanted to book a room on points and asked if I could buy lounge access. This was possible ‘upon availability’. Is this new?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by B42
Recently I wanted to book a room on points and asked if I could buy lounge access. This was possible ‘upon availability’. Is this new?
Whether paid or award booking of a room without Club Lounge access, the possibility of upsell i)room cat ii)lounge access is often a possibility at checkin.

Hotels do need to manage numbers though of guesrs with access so if high occupancy or all club rooms with 2x guests (and maybe some earlier upsells before you checkin) hotel may not allow if will push lounge numbers too high , or not allow if reervation for low cat rooms

Depending on hotel upselling to lounge access some i)requires also upgrading to a room cat wih associated club access ii)some may sell lounge access and no room upgrade (usually a cheaper option)

ymmv from hotel to hotel, and even at same hotel may depend on occupancy of lounge at your checkin
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Do we have any update on what outlets operate in this hotel? I notice they are not selling club rooms all of July.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Do we have any update on what outlets operate in this hotel? I notice they are not selling club rooms all of July.
The club rooms are not on sale until September. I am staying there from Wednesday and so far have been upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor (club) Their German website says that all F&B is closed while they plan how to do it but that has not been updated since mid May ! I plan to call tomorrow to see if there are any changes or if I need to get my own food in.
I'll post back with what I find once there
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ninjalad
The club rooms are not on sale until September. I am staying there from Wednesday and so far have been upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor (club) Their German website says that all F&B is closed while they plan how to do it but that has not been updated since mid May ! I plan to call tomorrow to see if there are any changes or if I need to get my own food in.
I'll post back with what I find once there
Interesting - our rate should include breakfast and 100usd dining credit so we shall see how that goes...
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:34 pm

As an RA I should also get breakfast and other things but at the moment the website shows breakfast in a bag lol. I just hope that the coffee machines haven't been removed as have read other hotels are doing that in Germany !
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

That would be very disappointing but I wonder especially how they treat hotel credit as I presume spa and most/all restaurants are closed!
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:24 am

I spoke to the hotel earlier , all restaurants are closed as is bar and room service.Rates with breakfast have a box delivered to the room. It includes smoked salmon, cheese , croissant and hot /cold drink.
coffee machines are still in the rooms 😊
They reckon this will continue for next few weeks at least
Stuttgart21 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:58 am

Well I am in the hotel, as said all f&b is closed and as yet they do not know when it will reopen, occupancy is so low that it makes no sense for them to open them until it picks up.
Breakfast comes in a bag and is left at the door, it consists of smoked salmon sandwich, cheese roll , croissant , muesli, yogurt and fruit . With coffee and juice .
The room I s pretty much as normal but without pen, paper and flowers . Pool and spa are closed.
The manager that I spoke to was not even sure that the club lounge would be opening in September
The staff are as lovely as ever though working short weeks and often in other departments from normal.
I have a suite on the club floor and there seems to be only one other room occupied on that side , very strange feeling
Having now spoken to more staff it seems that they currently only have two floors open on the East wing (6&8) the Westing is shut , they are only selling about 50 rooms a night out of 550 .
nufnuf77 likes this.

Last edited by ninjalad; Jun 29, 2020 at 4:27 pm Reason: Further information
Old Sep 7, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
The manager that I spoke to was not even sure that the club lounge would be opening in September
I just called the hotel and was hoping that for a planned stay at the end of September the Club Lounge would be open again, but unfortunately received the information that the Lounge is still closed and there is not opening date scheduled.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: QF PLAT (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*G), IHG Dia Royal Amb, GHA Titanium, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Viennafly
I just called the hotel and was hoping that for a planned stay at the end of September the Club Lounge would be open again, but unfortunately received the information that the Lounge is still closed and there is not opening date scheduled.
have you received any information about the opening date for the spa and the gym?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Club rooms are on sale for end of October

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.