Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I stayed here last Nov for 5 nights.

Being Ra I booked a club room and was upgraded to an Uluwatu Suite.

The living room was huge, even bigger than than the one in your pictures (jimbaran suite), it was more square and decor was exactl tthe same.

I thought wow immediately. I have pictures of the suite as my screensaver as they are that good.

My room cost me like $400 per night also.

Excellent hotel, top resort and overall excellent service!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Just pulled up this thread as I was looking for updates on the IC Bali, as we are heading back there again soon.

Anyway, my wife and I love the IC Bali. We stayed there last November, (apparently while others from FT were there), on two seperate stays. We booked club rooms for both stays. (got blocked out of the whole week there). The first stay (which was one night only) we were upgraded to an extremely nice suite. don't remember the name of the suite, but it was huge and at the end of one of the wings. This upgrade was as a lowly ambassador.

When we returned later in the week we were merely upgraded to the loft suite. which was fine with me, but the staff appologized for not upgrading us further.

The staff in the club was phenomonal. They remembered us by name even when we returned. They brought a small cake to our room with candles because they knew it was my wife's birthday (and no I did not plan that). And all of the staff knew that it was my wife's birthday. The butler takes a little getting used to, but definately a nice luxury

While I will admit it is slightly more expensive for the club room than the other rooms, I believe it is worth it. If nothing more to avoid the line-up for immigration when 4 flights all arrive at once.

We enjoyed the hotel enough that we are heading back there for a weeks vacation starting next Saturday. To that end, I noticed that some of the other posters mentioned that they are renovating or are planning on renovating the club rooms again. Does anyone have any details on this? Thanks in advacne
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
We enjoyed the hotel enough that we are heading back there for a weeks vacation starting next Saturday. To that end, I noticed that some of the other posters mentioned that they are renovating or are planning on renovating the club rooms again. Does anyone have any details on this? Thanks in advacne
I haven't stayed in a reonvated club room - but a look at http://bali.intercontinental.com/ind...=50&Itemid=202 shows an example of the newly renovated rooms (and nice to see plasma TV's there now as well).
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The club experience at the IC Bali is absolutely worth the price premium IMHO, one of the better values out there for someone seeking a luxury experience at a (relative) bargain price.

I'd take a club room booking + RA status at the IC Bali in a heartbeat over staying at the much more expensive nearby Four Seasons.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:35 am

Thanks, I know where I will stay now.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club Silver, ICH Royal Ambassador
Just as an update, this may be a fluke of course, but we booked a Classic Room at $165 no breakfast and got upgraded to Singajara Duplex Suite.

Online booking showed a resort classic suite a few days ago and got the nice surprise on check in.

I am a happy bunny, great room, nice way to start a holiday.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by andrewmcharlton
Staying at the IC Bali in Spetember and looking at my rates I'm paying $165 a night as an RA.

The club rooms are at least double the price, does anyone know if you can simply pay a daily fee for club access and if so how much / is it worth it ?

Reluctant to pay double if there is a better way / cheaper way.

Thanks
Andrew the club lounge at Bali is approx $100 USD per night more.

It is however woth it. The club lounge is open 24 hours and has soft drinks and hot drinks the normal regular buffet type snacks that are out open in the day and night.

It also offers breakfast in the morning and has a high tea around 3pm with great sandwiches and scones.

The added extra is that shoud you not fancy the buffet food on offer (which is alarge choice) you also get an a la carte menu with around 5 dishes which change daily. This a la carte menu has some great items on their daily and is freash food cooked to your liking whenever you want it.

On top of that you get free drinks from 6pm till 9pm this includes a great range of cocktails and champagne. All in all its worth it.

The other hting is you can get access to the private club swimming pool which is nice and much more quiter than the main pool, you also have breakfast at the club pool also.

The club lounge at Intercontinental Bal is excellent and I would highly recommend it.

For ht emoney you bascially get breakfast, lunch and snacks included with a better room type also.

Any questions please ask.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrewmcharlton
Just as an update, this may be a fluke of course, but we booked a Classic Room at $165 no breakfast and got upgraded to Singajara Duplex Suite.
I believe this is a standard 2 category upgrade for RAs.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 7:49 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
I believe this is a standard 2 category upgrade for RAs.
Yes. As Ambassador:

- book Classic Room, get Singaraja Room
- book Singaraja Room, get Singaraja Duplex Room

HTB.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club Silver, ICH Royal Ambassador
Just for the record we booked a classic room and got Singajara Duplex Suite.

Also, the cheapest Club room is about $190 a night more that the classic for our booking and frankly I can't justify that additional charge when I can tap the minibar.

The breakfasts (paid for non club variety) are average. If you cross the street to the Royal Bali Beach Club Hotel breakfasts are very good, half price and great service.

Today we have been treated to a thrash metal concert on the beach and the poolside has been remarkably quiet and underused as a result. Thank goodness for my iPod and cranked up volume to drown out the crap sounds !
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
IC Bali - am I likely to be moved

Mrs Mole and I have a 9 night stay at the IC Bali, sandwiched between stays at the IC Hong Kong. At the time of booking we held RA status however when we stay we will only hold Amb status.

I have booked a Club Room for the first two nights in my name, followed by five rewards night stay (in my name) and then a Club Room for the last two nights in Mrs Moles name. (Both Club Room bookings are for the weekends).

I have emailed the hotel requesting the reservations to be linked. I received a reply " ...reconfirm the room booking as the following details:
2 nights at 01 Club Room
5 nights at 01 Resort Classic Room
2 nights at 01 Club Room
We do understand that you wish to have a same room for the whole period, regretfully that we are unable to confirm this request due to you will stay on different wings and room level. However, we will do our best to allocate you in the best room available to meet your satisfaction..."

The questions I pose are - 1) are we likely to be moved from a Club Room to a lower room and then back to a club room, 2) if so is it worth booking a lower room which will guarantee staying in the same room or 3) they didn't offer but does anyone know whether they allow a paid (locally) upgrade for the rewards night stay.

Thanks and regards
MTM
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by melvin the mole
3) they didn't offer but does anyone know whether they allow a paid (locally) upgrade for the rewards night stay.
When I stayed on a rewards stay last year I was able to upgrade to the Club Level for a daily suppliment, organised before my arrival. It was US$100++ per night then, but I'd imagine it would have increased a fair bit since then due to the renovations etc etc (basically look at the price difference between a standard room and a club room on the website and that'll get you in the ballpark I'd say).
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:30 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
IC Bali Club Resort - Stay 3, get 4th free

Hello, just wanted to post here about a mailing I received today from the IC Bali Resort. It is is a postcard specifically speaking about the "Newly, Renovated Club Intercontinental". It also mentions the Club Lounge and Inspiration Space.

Club Intercontinental Privileges
Club IC offers exclusive access to the elegant 24-hour Club Lounge for light refreshements, afternoon tea, sunset cocktails and late night snacks, 24-hour personal Butler service, access to a dedicated lounge 'Inspiration Service', Lounge internet access, private Club Pool and a choice of four different breakfast venues. Guests will be personally be greeted upon arrival in Bali and taken to the VIP Airport Lounge while awaiting special immigration clearance, luggage retrieval and prompt transfer to the resort.

The main promo invite is for a booking of 3 nights, you receive the 4th free! Offer is valid 10/5/08- 3/31/09. Blackout 12/23-1/11/09, 1/22-27/09. Quoting $365 USD per night. Booking code is "CP3/4"

Not sure if this is a great deal or not but thought I would share.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by EdV

The main promo invite is for a booking of 3 nights, you receive the 4th free! Offer is valid 10/5/08- 3/31/09. Blackout 12/23-1/11/09, 1/22-27/09. Quoting $365 USD per night. Booking code is "CP3/4"

Not sure if this is a great deal or not but thought I would share.
Indeed that is a good deal. How can this offer be booked? Online or do you have to book directly with the hotel?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Was wondering the same thing too, couldn't find a way to enter the booking code online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.