Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks for this comment, I'm wondering if the folks that have posted high praise of the IC Bali have stayed elsewhere on Bali or is it the FT phenomenon that can occur of “I only stay at X chain so X is all I know.” Not that there is anything wrong with this but it is a limited perspective.
I've stayed at some of the non-chain hotels around Bali around the US$100 per night range, and certainly if you have no status then you can find better value than the IC Bali. As a Royal Ambassador I've been consistently impressed with the service and recognition at the IC Bali though, certainly the best of any of the IC's I've visited (just back from another trip there now, another great upgrade to a huge suite along with all the other benefits they offer). I haven't stayed at any of the more luxurious offerings in Bali though (RC/FS etc etc), so can't compare in that regard.

I'll agree with the previous posting that the food at the IC is expensive for Bali and somewhat average (especially the Indonesian cuisine). Fortunately there's a number of beachfront seafood restaurants right next door that are reasonably priced and delicious as well.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks for this comment, I'm wondering if the folks that have posted high praise of the IC Bali have stayed elsewhere on Bali or is it the FT phenomenon that can occur of “I only stay at X chain so X is all I know.” Not that there is anything wrong with this but it is a limited perspective.
I think the point has been made several times now that the reason we think the IC Bali is better than the FS is due to staying in the Club Wing and also having RA. At the Club, we have 24hr free food and wonderful service. The room upgrades for RA are a large loft suite and many have been upgraded further to some awesome suites and "villas". If we stay at the FS, for much more money, we would get a nice room and good service, but none of the other perks we enjoy at the IC. Also the FS doesn't do the airport pick up inside immigration and walk you past the line and do your visa for you.

In short, we don't stay there just because we like IC. I'm also a Starwood Plat and I often stay at Ritz's and MO's. But if you have IC status and book a Club room, the IC Bali is the best choice.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.

IC = On the beach. No steps. Lounge food great. Right next to hotel are many food stalls that have tabels right on/ "in" the beach in the evening. No need to dine at the hotel. Though we always enjoyed the seafood platter very much.

RC/FS = Not on the beach. You have to take the steps down. If you prefer a private swimming pool, FS is the choice. Food expensive and pseudo-modern. ("Three slices of apple on lemon gras with citron salt, 32US$")

FS = a bunch of "chi-chi" guests.

RC = Club lounge definitly not worth the extra cost. When you have taken the 100 steps down to the beach you need to climb back up for "lunch food presentation".

Maybe interesting:
The Oberoi Bali (dated, last time I was there one cottage burnt down...).
and the Oberoi Lombok (average food, located in the middle of nowhere).
Amankila (or Amaknila, don't know) with around 2000 steps, not on the beach.
The Samaya in Seminak. But Jimbaran has a way nicer beach.

My opinion:
Should you want beach, Jimbaran is the nicest, and IC is arguaby the best hotel.
Should you want a lonley beach, go the black-sand beaches in the north of Bali, very far of the tourist spots. There are some 4-star hotels. Or to Lombok.
Should you prefer private swimming pools the FS Jimbaran is a great choice.
Should you not like to be at the beach at all, maybe consider Ubud hotels.
Nusa Dua/ Benoa (three Starwoods - i have not stayed at and Conrad - has my award for the worst club lounge in the world) is a "no-no": Terrible beach, no "Bali-feel", but feels like in Mallorca or Waikiki. Overrun by tourists.

I hope that helps a bit. I usually do not stick to a hotel chain, especially at resort destinations. Ah, and I stayed at all of them.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jun 15, 2008 at 2:18 am
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also the IC has a private pool which is only for Club guests. Much quieter than the main pool.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
In March, for ~ US$250/night (and used a BOGO cert for one night) I had a huge Jimbaran Bay Suite at the IC Bali. The service and ambience of the club lounge was fantastic. It was an entirely separate hotel within a hotel. I wouldn't stay at the IC Bali outside of the club area or probably without a suite. But I'll take booking a club room + RA upgrade for $250 over an entry level room at the Four Seasons for $600 any day. And that's not in any way IC loyalty.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 7:02 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
I'll agree with the previous posting that the food at the IC is expensive for Bali and somewhat average (especially the Indonesian cuisine). Fortunately there's a number of beachfront seafood restaurants right next door that are reasonably priced and delicious as well.
good to note, thanks.^

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think the point has been made several times now that the reason we think the IC Bali is better than the FS is due to staying in the Club Wing and also having RA. But if you have IC status and book a Club room, the IC Bali is the best choice.
ok, understood, your last sentance when you state "if you have IC status" you are referring to RA and not a simple ambassador member?

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I hope that helps a bit.
It does, thank you much.

Seems I might finally bite the bullet and redeem an RA invite cert if we go.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok, understood, your last sentance when you state "if you have IC status" you are referring to RA and not a simple ambassador member?
Well RA is better of course. But if you book a Club room and have Amb status you will also be well taken care of. And you can use a BOGO.

With RA, you get a gift of a nice bottle of wine, a huge box of luxury chocolates and of course the free mini-bar.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
iirc the amb upgrade is to a loft suite, but ra's are sometimes upgraded beyond that. yes?
Old Jun 15, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
iirc the amb upgrade is to a loft suite, but ra's are sometimes upgraded beyond that. yes?
Not normally. But judging by the experience of some others here, if you beg you can get a better upgrade.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
We got lifted from bog standard to a duplex in the club part. I have no idea why - but it WAS only one night.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:23 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gleff
I wouldn't stay at the IC Bali outside of the club area or probably without a suite.
Actually, my conclusion after staying at the IC Bali was that booking a Club Room is not worth the additional money. A room in the Singaraja Wing is well worth the money over the Classic wing. IMHO.

HTB.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Virgin Flying Club Silver, ICH Royal Ambassador
Staying at the IC Bali in Spetember and looking at my rates I'm paying $165 a night as an RA.

The club rooms are at least double the price, does anyone know if you can simply pay a daily fee for club access and if so how much / is it worth it ?

Reluctant to pay double if there is a better way / cheaper way.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andrewmcharlton
Staying at the IC Bali in Spetember and looking at my rates I'm paying $165 a night as an RA.

The club rooms are at least double the price, does anyone know if you can simply pay a daily fee for club access and if so how much / is it worth it ?

Reluctant to pay double if there is a better way / cheaper way.

Thanks
I had an award stay over Christmas and was able to upgrade to the Club Wing for US$100++ per night (so US$121 per night or so including all taxes). It's worth contacting the hotel directly and seeing what options are available - though I suspect the price might have gone up since then due to the renovations of the Club Rooms. As far as I'm aware you can't just buy club access by itself though if that's what you were looking for, only as part of moving to a Club room.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wrapped up a great stay at the IC Bali. Got upgraded to a Jimbaran Club Suite and wrote a report with 70+ pics. It's available here for anyone that's interested.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just wrapped up a great stay at the IC Bali. Got upgraded to a Jimbaran Club Suite and wrote a report with 70+ pics. It's available here for anyone that's interested.

I stayed at the Jimbaran Suite a few times in the past before I moved up to the Imperial Villa (the one next to the Club Pool, known as Red Villa)). Stayed at the villa multiple times. It is currently renovated. Have you seen what they have done? I will be there in October again and will stay at the other villa (Green Villa). Have you noticed anything? Thanks!

MD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.