FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 pm
GibSpmuh

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks for this comment, I'm wondering if the folks that have posted high praise of the IC Bali have stayed elsewhere on Bali or is it the FT phenomenon that can occur of “I only stay at X chain so X is all I know.” Not that there is anything wrong with this but it is a limited perspective.
I've stayed at some of the non-chain hotels around Bali around the US$100 per night range, and certainly if you have no status then you can find better value than the IC Bali. As a Royal Ambassador I've been consistently impressed with the service and recognition at the IC Bali though, certainly the best of any of the IC's I've visited (just back from another trip there now, another great upgrade to a huge suite along with all the other benefits they offer). I haven't stayed at any of the more luxurious offerings in Bali though (RC/FS etc etc), so can't compare in that regard.

I'll agree with the previous posting that the food at the IC is expensive for Bali and somewhat average (especially the Indonesian cuisine). Fortunately there's a number of beachfront seafood restaurants right next door that are reasonably priced and delicious as well.