Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate3
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (Sept 01, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by dagangwood
Will definitely skip ...
Shame we can't swap - that'd be an easy 40,000 points for me!

As opposed to my actual offer, which will give me zero points (3rd time in a row). It's doubly annoying as I'll be staying in some quite expensive properties in Japan for the best part of 2 weeks in October...
23,400 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 23,400 bonus points.

8,400 Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 8,400 bonus points.

4,500 Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points.

9,000 Earn More, Faster
Earn 9,000 bonus points when you book 8 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

(EDIT: And of course they tailor these to your usual stay pattern, which for me is 2 Saturdays a month, on a bonus point package, at the same Holiday Inn. Most of the offers others have posted would give me more points!)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I can't seem to register. After ticking the boxes the 'Register' button remains greyed out. There is a note "We appreciate your loyalty. Please see IHG® Rewards Club offers available now."
Dav77 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold

Most of this should be easy, but 8 weekends!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by KathinJax
Well, I don’t even know what to say about this one....

I didn’t even get spend on your credit card!
jinx. have exactly the same. cannot believe that this is true
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: IHG
Complete and utter rubbish from IHG. Won't be bothering with mine
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by boekel
jinx. have exactly the same. cannot believe that this is true

I also have exactly the same one.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Now this has disappeard. I only see this:

Accelerate 3 2019
Starts: 01/09/2019
Ends: 31/12/2019

Nothing to click on. Maybe the real offer comes later.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by turner32
Complete and utter rubbish from IHG. Won't be bothering with mine
+1. With such appalling elite benefits, I'm not sure how IHG plans to compete if they won't do interesting points promos either...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:22 am

Better for me this time round following the double points offer and nothing else for the one that's about to end. I'll skip the weekends I think but the rest are more than achievable.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Complete and utter joke...

Stay More, Earn MoreGet closer to the rewards you want when you stay 1 night(s) and earn 1,000 bonus points.

thats it! laughable!

i thought the last one was bad enough but that takes the biscuit.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Not sure what to think. It is the first time that IHG offers me a decent amount of points, but 5 bonus packages stays seems a big too much?

Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:29 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Mine are mediocre:

22700 points for 4 nights at 4 brands
4500 for buying points via P&C

then a few others that are not worth doing.

As IHG seems to have settled into a pattern of an OK promo followed by a rubbish one, I have also settled into a pattern of completing the tasks in one period then burning the points in the next period.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KathinJax
Well, I don’t even know what to say about this one....

I didn’t even get spend on your credit card!
got the same one, why even bother offering me anything. For the current one, pretty much none of my activity is showing up. This program sucks and if I wasn’t a big Kimpton fan with Inner Circle I would move on.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I can't seem to register. After ticking the boxes the 'Register' button remains greyed out. There is a note "We appreciate your loyalty. Please see IHG® Rewards Club offers available now."
Received the same message. Glad I cancelled my upcoming month stay!
Dav77 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Not overly exciting but it actually matches my likely hotel needs so I'll take it. Stay More, Earn More Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

Stay at Holiday Inn Express®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points

Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points

Renew Your InterContinental® Ambassador Membership
Earn 5,000 bonus points when you return to the luxurious side of travel by renewing your InterContinental® Ambassador Membership

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 26,200 bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.