Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate3
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (Sept 01, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019)

Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My tasks this promo are only slight less "meh" than the last 2 promos. I got:

10,800 - Stay at 3 brands
5,600 - Stay at 2 HIX hotels
4,500 - Book 1 stay with Points & Cash
12,000 - Two stays of 4+ nights
32,900 - Complete all 4 above

If was traveling more the next few months any of the first 3 tasks might be doable, but there's pretty much never been a time when two stays of 4+ nights at IHG have been in my plans. Given that most of the points available hinge on doing that I have little motivation to stretch for any of the other goals. I think I'll continue the year spending down my banked IHG points on award nights while booking paid stays with HH for a dirt-simple 3x points.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
12K for 8 night total
7,200 for 3 weekends
4000 for a 4 night stay
23K bonus

I thought I had it bad, but then I saw some of yours.
still, not worth chasing.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:51 am

Does anyone know if Voco is classed as another brand for this promotion?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:25 am

3,200 Stay at Holiday Inn Express
8,000 Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points.
4,500 Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points.
12,000 Earn 12,000 bonus points when you book 2 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
27,700 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 27,700 bonus points.

I'm honestly not even thinking of IHG for this quarter.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jumbooze

same here
Another receiver of the 1000 points offer.
Having earned over 100,000 point qualifying for spire elite this year (not including the bonus points), do they somehow think my impression of this offer would be in any way positive?
Is there a way to unsign up, decline the offer in protest?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:14 pm

Seems like a bad promo quarter all around for most people: myself included.

I'll keep my focus on Hilton and Hotels.com with the Venture card for the quarter.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cplunk

Details here https://www.hilton.com/en/
😃
aquos and RedElmo like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cplunk
Another receiver of the 1000 points offer.
Having earned over 100,000 point qualifying for spire elite this year (not including the bonus points), do they somehow think my impression of this offer would be in any way positive?
They see you as a dummy who would stay with IHG anyways, no need to throw extra points at you. So two promotions ago I got the double points only. And I completely moved all my stays elsewhere and then last quarter I got something that barely passed as acceptable. Seems like boycotting them a quarter worked. This quarter I got a lousy one too. But not as lousy as your 1000 points hehe
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I've had much better promotions from IHG but this seems doable for sure. Just to find a good point & cash is hard at times...

Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Can you confirm that bookings made prior to registering in this promotion will qualify?

Many Thanks
You have to check the terms and conditions for each​​​ component requirement. Most should be okay, but occasionally must be booked during the promo period.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I also got the 1000 point offer for one stay, but mine shows 124 days remaining for completion. I noticed the posts above with the 1000 pt offer don't include number of days, and those with multiple offers have 130 days for completion. Makes me think this is an error, and some adjustments will be made?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Can you confirm that bookings made prior to registering in this promotion will qualify?

Many Thanks
You need to click on the Terms & Conditions next to each task on the dashboard. It is usually clearly stated there but it can vary from task to task. I get the general feeling that they have dropped that particular condition.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by RedElmo

They see you as a dummy who would stay with IHG anyways, no need to throw extra points at you. So two promotions ago I got the double points only. And I completely moved all my stays elsewhere and then last quarter I got something that barely passed as acceptable. Seems like boycotting them a quarter worked. This quarter I got a lousy one too. But not as lousy as your 1000 points hehe
It certainly does seem that disappearing for a while generates a kind of win-back offer on the Accelerate promo.

I went from Spire to barely qualifying for Gold this year (9 paid nights so far) and got a very easy 60k-ish offer.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I also got the 1000 point offer for one stay, but mine shows 124 days remaining for completion. I noticed the posts above with the 1000 pt offer don't include number of days, and those with multiple offers have 130 days for completion. Makes me think this is an error, and some adjustments will be made?
The first post on the tread was 6 days ago
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Concerto
You need to click on the Terms & Conditions next to each task on the dashboard. It is usually clearly stated there but it can vary from task to task. I get the general feeling that they have dropped that particular condition.
Most helpful. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.