Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
My offer is pretty difficult to reach, even though I have several weeklong trips coming up. The kicker is this:

6,600 - Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 4 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

OK great..... I continue to look at many hotels (currently looking in DFW area), and cannot find any that offer these "Bonus Points Packages."
Does anyone have some kind of rate code/promo code that I can use to search the IHG websites for hotels that offer these, or any tips to finding them?

Pretty sad that I will be pretty much traveling every week for the next several weeks, and will not be able to achieve all 5 of the 5 offered to get the big achievement bonus.
try searching on the app, they’re usually under the Holiday Inn or HIX hotels.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
This is seriously ridiculous- I now have to spend next week in DC, and I cannot find a single hotel with the option for "The Bonus Points Package"
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This is seriously ridiculous- I now have to spend next week in DC, and I cannot find a single hotel with the option for "The Bonus Points Package"
​​​​​​
This is the rate you want: 1000 Bonus Points Package: 1000 Bonus Points Every Night

I used it for a night at a Kimpton recently, getting full Accelerate credit towards that task as soon as the stay posted to my IHG account.

​​​
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
​​​​​​
This is the rate you want: 1000 Bonus Points Package: 1000 Bonus Points Every Night
​​​
So how does one find this rate? Its like pot-luck... I put in the city and dates of stay, then have to pick each room from the dozens of different hotels and if I am luck enough, one of them may offer it? Is there not a better way?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have rarely seen it not offered, but you need to find it individually by hotel as a choice. If you were expecting to be able to search all NY hotels those dates filtered for that rate only, no.

For most folks it's a matter of picking the hotel for those dates, and then finalizing the points rate for a few bucks more over the advance purchase or flexible one.

You seem to be overthinking this (as they say).

​​
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
So how does one find this rate? Its like pot-luck... I put in the city and dates of stay, then have to pick each room from the dozens of different hotels and if I am luck enough, one of them may offer it? Is there not a better way?
When I book these bonus package rates (I'm doing it for hotels in Europe). You first pick the room type. Once you get to the next page, and it shows the 'best rate" flexible option for IHG members, there is a "\/" (down arrow) for you to click on and expand that field. The drop-down menu shows up with the different bonus point options, as well as one to add breakfast. And what I'm finding for a lot of properties, is that when you choose the breakfast add-on, it won't let you also choose a bonus point option (and vice versa). I'm also finding that the advance purchase rates are no longer offering either of these options.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:43 pm

Somebody with permissions should post a screenshot of the process for finding the bonus points.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:35 pm

Go here:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...HR-BPP-Default

Tick all the point rates, do a search and in theory it'll show you rooms with bonus point packages available.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:20 am

THANK YOU ALL!
I never noticed the DOWN ARROW after selecting the room type. Some hotels have the bonus selection on the room type page (before you actually click "Select Room")... but very few. This is where I was looking, and not finding very many.

Retron - thanks for the link- Even better.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find the breakfast and bonus combinations common enough, although there are some times where you can't have both. I travel for leisure, where doing both really tends to jack up the rate quite a lot.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
God dammit.

I just checked my board and found out that my reward stay at HI Bratislava is in there!
If reward stays count, I could have gone for Crowne Plaza for my other Bratislava stay and had 28800 pts in.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: United, Lufthansa
Hidden points?

Does anyone know about the hidden points? When I go to print off a list of everything, multiple other rewards pop up that don't show up on the normal list. But also when I go to print it's all crazy and messed up and I can't really tell what the bonus things are. See below: Would this just mean that I get extra points just for staying- no special strings attached? (this is just the end of the list, there are other normal points also)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:51 am

For the purpose of promtions like this, does “Your Rate” with an added bonus point option constitute a “bonus point package,” or must the rate listed as a bonus package be booked? I suspect the answer is yes, but I just want to be sure before booking.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelinaddy
Does anyone know about the hidden points? When I go to print off a list of everything, multiple other rewards pop up that don't show up on the normal list. But also when I go to print it's all crazy and messed up and I can't really tell what the bonus things are. See below: Would this just mean that I get extra points just for staying- no special strings attached? (this is just the end of the list, there are other normal points also)
It's been like that for the last few rounds of this promotion. The only ones that really count are the ones that display on screen, although I guess if you whinged and complained enough they may relent and give them, but maybe not....
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had about 20 nights this year so far and have pulled in something like 8500/40000 points! Need to spend a good $30k to achieve that goal in the next 59 or so days by the look of things and that isn't going to happen short of a lottery win that lets me stay in some stupidly priced resort in Bali or somewhere exotic.
I'll hit Spire soon though which will probably be a little more useful.

I get offered bonus points quite a bit. Usually around £5/1000 points, £10/2000, £15/3000 (generally something like £14.88 for 3000 points/night in reality) after I select a standard room rate.
The 1000 points/night is usually based upon a rate that could be up to 40% more costly.

Last edited by xenole; Mar 1, 2019 at 5:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.