Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:00 pm

For anybody keeping score: my stay from Jan 12th through 16th counted for the 4 night stay task.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
For anybody keeping score: my stay from Jan 12th through 16th counted for the 4 night stay task.
So IHG gave me duff info then, they told me it wouldnt count so i booked from the 15th, argh!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by shahr04360

In case bonus pts pkg didn’t appear on desktop’s web browser, try use App instead.
can confirm, only see the bonus points package through the app
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
How do you lot manage to post screenshots of your accounts here? That's a bit of cleverness that's beyond me. Always found posting photos here too much hassle to be worth the bother, so let it all slip to the side.

It looks like during this whole promo I will only complete one IHG stay, I've switched most of my other bookings over to Hilton or independent hotels. Will follow your experiences though, and chip in now and again.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
I did put in a complaint about it, however all I got was an e-mail saying there had been an error on a very small number of accounts which had now been corrected.
My counter still says Completed offers: 0 of 6.
But I am presented with only 4 offers.
Yet the achievement bonus says: Complete 4 out of 5 offers to get 25.500 points.

Also, I'm not a native English speaker, but what exactly do they mean by:
Complete all of your free nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points.
Is this another task or just weird English?
What are free nights? Never received any, how should I complete them?
What are total bonus points?

Update:
By the way - it is somewhat like the weather, one day it says "complete all of your free nights", the next day it will say "complete all of your reward nights".

Last edited by Sisosig; Jan 21, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
When will they have a link to the dashboard from my account? My account still just shows:

You've signed up for these offers:

Reward Nights Faster
Starts: 01/15/2019
Ends: 04/30/2019

with no link at all.
Same here. I now can't remember what I've signed up to.....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Dubh
Same here. I now can't remember what I've signed up to.....
Go to https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/multibrand2019 and sign in - this will show you your current offers
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA:Gold; IHG: Platinum;
Delighted and surprised to see that my stay (as part of the free night promo) at the Met Hotel Leeds counted as one of the brands I need for the Discover Our Brands requirement. Not sure if that's Indigo fulfilled as the Met will become an Indigo next year..
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
I did put in a complaint about it, however all I got was an e-mail saying there had been an error on a very small number of accounts which had now been corrected.

About par for the course with ihg I am afraid.

BM
Thanks - I note my account hasn't been changed, and the email I got still says 4 of 4. Nothing fixed there! Oh well.

Customer Service on Twitter 'clarified' that it's 4 of 4, which triggers the bonus, #5 - so the 2000 pt for a stay in Feb isn't one of the 'challenges'.

Last edited by Ismilee; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:08 am Reason: add information
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Wow pts posted with the stay

1 item I was given was Stay @ 3 Brands earn 28,800 so this past weekend on a planned SoCal trip I went from 1 Hilton,1 Marriott and 1 IHG to 3 IHGs (Candlewood, HI, HEX) today my last stay Sun night @ HEX posted along with the 28,800 no having to call 10000x and be told must wait a full 8 weeks , and all 3 Welcome pts posted as well. Cant believe this is IHG
Ismilee likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by craz
1 item I was given was Stay @ 3 Brands earn 28,800 so this past weekend on a planned SoCal trip I went from 1 Hilton,1 Marriott and 1 IHG to 3 IHGs (Candlewood, HI, HEX) today my last stay Sun night @ HEX posted along with the 28,800 no having to call 10000x and be told must wait a full 8 weeks , and all 3 Welcome pts posted as well. Cant believe this is IHG
Is this unusual? Ive never had a problem with bonus points, welcome points, or any other points and IHG ones post quicker than any other hotel chain
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by antuk
Is this unusual? Ive never had a problem with bonus points, welcome points, or any other points and IHG ones post quicker than any other hotel chain
1-Accelerate points by me used to take forever and most times I had to wait till the promo ended plus 6 weeks before they escalate it

2- Welcome pts posts as long as the person checking you in actually puts in for it, Ive had a # of times where I had to chase them down, but not nearly as bad as The Accelerate pts
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:17 pm

Pretty good promotion for me.
Two weekends bonus package should be enough.
But I'm confused about "Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, "
Does that mean each weekend includes a Saturday night and another night? Total would be at least 4 nights.
Or one weekend includes a Saturday night, another weekend could be any day? That would only need 2 nights. Most probably it needs 4 nights.
Thanks
====================

11,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 2 brands and get 11,200 bonus points. Terms

8,000 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points. Terms

2,800 Stay at 2 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points. Terms

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster. Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points. Terms

30,100 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 30,100 bonus points. Terms
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Does anyone have a data point or some experience with the confusion mine is showing ( plz veiw details below). I have 6 offers then it says completion bonus 68,100 if "complete 6 of the 7 offers" and then below that a stay in February bonus. Does that book in February count as one of the offer count or just the 6 from the top list ( i seem to recall in past it doesn't ).

Any help can share would be appreciated as I'm tentatively booking or not based on that as only plan to be able to do 5 of the top 6 listed. Initially, I thought all OK but after the first cleared it shows 17% completed which by math is 1 ÷ 6 not 7, thus I am thinking the achievement bonus really should read " complete 6 of the 6 offers " meaning only the 6 above count and not the book in February listed at bottom separately??? Again any help guidance can share would be very much appreciated as this bonus would be only reason I book IHG since more interested to spend on securing Marriott life plat

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by savingwizard
Pretty good promotion for me.
Two weekends bonus package should be enough.
But I'm confused about "Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, "
Does that mean each weekend includes a Saturday night and another night? Total would be at least 4 nights.
Or one weekend includes a Saturday night, another weekend could be any day? That would only need 2 nights. Most probably it needs 4 nights.
Thanks
====================

11,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 2 brands and get 11,200 bonus points. Terms

8,000 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points. Terms

2,800 Stay at 2 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points. Terms

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster. Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points. Terms

30,100 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 30,100 bonus points. Terms
It means Saturday and another night - Friday and Saturday night or Saturday and Sunday night. You have to do this two different times. I also read that if one stay lasts through two Saturdays (8 nights or more) you will achieve this task.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.