Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The link address is:
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019

Earn at least 40,000 bonus points to use toward free nights
As an IHG Rewards Club member you can earn at least 40,000 bonus points by staying at any of our 5,500+ hotels around the world from January 15 to April 15. Register now, before March 15, to start earning toward free nights today.

It’s that simple.

Registration is not open yet. Promo period between 15th January to 15th April.

Last registration date is 15th Match 2019.

Enjoy the 1Q promo.
FFlash and dimon84 like this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker688786; Jan 2, 2019 at 11:22 am Reason: Edit Link
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Glad something is coming. Less glad I'm currently on a 4 night IHG booking and have a 5th night on the 10th Jan!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just want to point out a difference in this promo:

1, In China, the same promo will be running between 15th Jan to 30th Apr.
2, In IHG's English version (US version), this promo is running between 15th Jan to 15th Apr. Ending 15 days before China.

I have no idea why the difference at present. No doubt once the registration is open we should know more. I am quoting the Chinese version for those who are interested to see using google translate.

2019 年 1 月 15 日至 2019 年 4 月 30 日期间,作为 IHG®Rewards Club 优悦会成员,入住全球 5500 多家 IHG 旗下酒店中的任意一家,即有机会赚取至少 40,000 奖励积分。即刻注册“奖励住宿”特别活动,赚取丰厚积分,轻松兑享全球住宿。注册截止日为 2019 年 3 月 15 日。
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chongcao

2, In IHG's English version (US version), this promo is running between 15th Jan to 15th Apr. Ending 15 days before China.
Please find me the promo that begins January 1st, as I have 6 nights to start out the year.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao

I have no idea why the difference at present. No doubt once the registration is open we should know more. I am quoting the Chinese version for those who are interested to see using google translate.
Hmm, interesting - do you reckon this is for accounts for China residents or for stays in China? I'm UK-based, but planning some stays in China in Q1, so would be good to find out if there's a separate promotion I need to register for before I book...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by stimpy
Please find me the promo that begins January 1st, as I have 6 nights to start out the year.
I am a bit bummed by this too, same situation with some stays before 15th January. Thinking of shifting my business over to Hilton for this quarter.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Hmm, interesting - do you reckon this is for accounts for China residents or for stays in China? I'm UK-based, but planning some stays in China in Q1, so would be good to find out if there's a separate promotion I need to register for before I book...
I have a funny feeling that it is for Chinese residents only. However, stay tuned, as it could be a typo by US based IT, or it could be extended like the current (or past) double points promo by 15th April. I suggest you to wait until the registration is complete before making any plans. It is not worthy to take chances.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Priority Club
completely daft we can't register. Won't be booking anything until I know what my offer is.

UKD
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:13 pm

meehhhhh

Earn 56,000 total bonus points.

My Offers

Points ValueOffer DescriptionStatus16,000Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 16,000 bonus points.

17,600Stay at InterContinental® Hotels
Stay at 4 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 17,600 bonus points.

10,400Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 5 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 10,400 bonus points.

9,000Earn More, Faster
Earn 9,000 bonus points when you book 20 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

3,000February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Earn 55,200 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Reward Nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points

My Offers

24,000 Discover Our Brands
Stay 5 brands
10,800 Stay at Holiday Inn
Stay at 3 different Holiday Inns
13,200 Saturdays Stay Bonus
Stay 4 weekends
7,200 Earn More, Faster
Earn 7,200 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Good news for you, once I registered, the terms and condition all said the end date is 30th April. So it was a typo before the website is alive.
Deltus likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Hmm, I still can't register but not sure I want to if those offers are anything to go by.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shoven
Hmm, I still can't register but not sure I want to if those offers are anything to go by.
If you're UK based, try this:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/multibrand2019

I couldn't register either with the link above but I changed us to gb in the link and then I could register fine and it shows me offers now.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by skitchen
If you're UK based, try this:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/multibrand2019

I couldn't register either with the link above but I changed us to gb in the link and then I could register fine and it shows me offers now.
Ah thanks that solved it^^
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:46 pm

Same offer as last time for me, Double your stay up to 40000 bonus points starting with your second stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.