Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I sent them a message on Facebook asking if to complete the 'task' you needed to actually get all 15,000 points or if you only need to participate in the double points promotion by staying 2 nights. this is what I got back:

"Joel here, P*******, on behalf of Frank. Yes, you need to receive 15,000 bonus points in order to accomplish the "Double Your Stay" task. Once again, double points will be awarded on all qualifying stays starting on your second qualifying stay (maximum bonus award is 15,000 points). Let me know if you have any questions."

So, indeed, it appears that $1500 are required to accomplish that task (as part of the 4 of 4, or whatever, to get the bonus points).
Once someone completes 2 stays, please report back if your task is marked as completed.

Thanks!!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by dizzy73
Have a look here
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...ublepoints2018
you have so sign in and opt in to the accelerate scheme for it to be added to your account.
Thanks registered now!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Mine was poor
1) start from your second stay, earn double points up to 15000
2) book using the ihg app 4 times to get 2800
3) stay 5 nights to get a platinum status for year 2019

im already a platinum member🙄
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, RR, IHG, HH, MP, National EX
3) stay 5 nights to get a platinum status for year 2019
im already a platinum member��
Did you earn it this year though / are you in-line to renew for 2019? Because if not and you're way off that's a solid deal for what is a 40 night requirement otherwise.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, RR, IHG, HH, MP, National EX
* Stay at 5 brands and get 41,600 bonus points.
* Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 6,400 bonus points.

Going to take those 2 and run, that's basically 2 free nights for 5 nights of stay. Piece of cake.

Sadly, it's come to my attention that others are suggesting you must hit all 15,000 bonus points in the Double part, so unfortunately the 57,600 for completing all 4 tasks is more than I want to engage in. That way I was initially reading this I could have knocked out all 4 tasks in 7 nights for over 135,000 points!!! But alas.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by MJD2187
Did you earn it this year though / are you in-line to renew for 2019? Because if not and you're way off that's a solid deal for what is a 40 night requirement otherwise.
yup! achieved platinum just a few weeks ago
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:55 am

Hey all,

First time poster and first time engaging in the Accelerate/or promotion. Does anyone have a recent DP if all of the advanced purchase rates (e.g., YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase) or if Points + Cash rates count as eligible stays?

I checked the promo terms and it's pretty vague about what can be disqualified as a room rate without going into any specifics.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by eatmangos
Hey all,

First time poster and first time engaging in the Accelerate/or promotion. Does anyone have a recent DP if all of the advanced purchase rates (e.g., YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase) or if Points + Cash rates count as eligible stays?

I checked the promo terms and it's pretty vague about what can be disqualified as a room rate without going into any specifics.
"Your rate" "Advance rate" "Flexible rates" all qualify. Points+Cash does not (unless you specifically have a task that requires you to do points+ cash redemption, but those are quite rare)
PS. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by dimon84; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm Reason: addition
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dimon84
"Your rate" "Advance rate" "Flexible rates" all qualify. Points+Cash does not (unless you specifically have a task that requires you to do points+ cash redemption, but those are quite rare)
PS. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the quick reply! And thank you for the welcome, dimon84!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
15,000 Double Your Stay
Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.

25,600 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 25,600 bonus points.

1 Gold Elite Bonus
Stay 1 night(s) and continue your Gold Elite status for 2019.

Nothing interesting here, but since I've got 8 nights this year and you need 10 for Gold, I think the offer of one more night for Gold is decent enough. Will probably achieve that.

There is indeed a whole range of offers when you open print preview, but they're not very clear: 2,000 points for your next stay, 3,000 points for your next stay, 4,000 points for your next 2 stays, 5,000 points for your next 2 stays... what the heck does all that mean?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
so glad I did the Hilton Diamond challenge

IHG seems to have lost their way

stay at 6 different ICs and get 30k points? wow

4 weekends and get 20k points? wow again

a real mickey mouse promotion
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got my first of 2 stays this Sunday in a HIX for £53 with 3000 points for an extra £15.
Goes nicely towards Platinum and next Sunday's HI stay, for the second brand / booked through the app for <£50, will net me at least 14400 points
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:18 pm

Figured I'd add my offers here, too:

Double Your Stay
Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points

Discover Our Brands
Stay at 2 brands and get 32,000 bonus points.

Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 6,400 bonus points.

Going to just cancel my previous 2-night stay in Lisbon and rebook at one of the cheap Holiday Inns and then do a road trip and book at a HIX or Crowne in the next few months and knock all 3 of my bonuses out.

For context: I've had a Chase IHG card for 6 years (thus have had Plat status for 6 years) but maybe do 1-2 paid stays per year on top of the free night. Pretty sure that light usage is why I got such generous offers this quarter (usually a lot more mediocre previous quarters so I never bothered with Accelerate offers before).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got my first of 2 stays this Sunday in a HIX for £53 with 3000 points for an extra £15.
Goes nicely towards Platinum and next Sunday's HI stay, for the second brand / booked through the app for <£50, will net me at least 14400 points
Nice! This is how to work these promos.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:47 pm

Unfortunately I did not make a print of my offers when I signed up and now, after a few days, the IHG site indicates that I am registered for the promo, but I cannot view my tasks / challenges. Does anyone know how to pull these up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.