Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrism20
Yunwont be long in racking up $90 in a hotel bar, yeah several promos back I had a target of around $90, this time it's over $500.

That won't be happening lol
I've got a feeling that kind of figure will be happening for me this fall! The $90 won't take long to knock off, the way I'm going at the moment. Put it this way - my car will be staying put on the hotel car park until at least midday tomorrow!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:19 pm

One of my tasks is to pay for a stay with the IHG card. I had a stay on 9/15 but paid with a different card (already charged), is there any way to get the hotel/IHG to charge my IHG card instead?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by glynot
One of my tasks is to pay for a stay with the IHG card. I had a stay on 9/15 but paid with a different card (already charged), is there any way to get the hotel/IHG to charge my IHG card instead?
I'm pretty sure you could just call the property, give them the folio #, and have them change the card used for payment.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
My dashboard updated within the last 24 hours. Now I've got Stay Once (complete), Earn when you Redeem (complete), September Bonus Offer (complete), and Registration Bonus (complete).

I see that my Achievement Bonus has changed from "Complete 6 of 7" to "Complete 6 of 9" (indicating that the bonus offers count toward the achievement bonus), yet is showing 33% even though I have 4 of the 9 marked complete.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Dashboard has updated for a stay on 11 Sep. Hasn't updated the stays booked through IHG App, although this stay was booked before the 6 Sep.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:52 am

My dashboard updated sometime in the past 24 hours for a stay from 9/8-9/9. Points haven't yet posted to my account.

Stay Once Get 3,000 -- Completed
Stay More, Earn More (5 nights) 10,000 -- 20% complete
Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card 1,500 -- 0% complete
Your Achievement Bonus 25,500 -- 33% complete
September Bonus Offer 5,000 -- Completed
Total: 45,000

An upcoming one-night stay paid with my IHG credit card will complete another offer, so I'll need 3 more nights to earn the total amount.

Three nights to earn 35,500... at $0.006/point, if I can get three nights for $213 or less, it's a good deal. Otherwise, I can buy the points for less.

Last edited by DAB_Flyer; Sep 21, 2016 at 5:53 am Reason: formatting
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Member
Same here, dashboards (me & wife) for stays on 09/09 and 09/10 updated, but without credit card spending (although paid with IHG CC).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Confirming for those who have an "earn when you redeem" task that you don't actually need to lose any points from your redemption.

Instead of downloading a book or something, I booked a reward night on points that I knew I would cancel a few days later. Booking it creates a "redeem" entry in your account activity. Canceling it creates a "redeem" entry in your account activity. The redeem task has now been checked off my dashbaord and I will earn 1,000 points for not redeeming anything.

Just to be sure it would count, I waited until the promo started to book the night. But, since canceling a reward night creates a "redeem" entry in your account, you may even be able to satisfy the task by canceling a reward night that was booked before the promo began.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by parklife
Dashboard has updated for a stay on 11 Sep. Hasn't updated the stays booked through IHG App, although this stay was booked before the 6 Sep.
Same here. All the other bonuses got triggered from my stay, except for the App.

I'm going to raise with customer services in a few days if it doesn't automatically update.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've been through most of this thread but could not find an answer, so pardon me if I missed a post about this already answered...

One of my tasks is to stay a night in any IHG property in these major US cities: New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington DC and Las Vegas.

My question. Does the property have to be in the physical boundaries of these cities? Specifically, would a stay at the HI or CP at Reagan airport be considered "Washington"? Or any other adjacent community like Alexandria or the Pentagon, Dulles, etc.? I've emailed IHG for a clarification and will post the answer.

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 21, 2016 at 1:07 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by FonzieBone
My dashboard updated within the last 24 hours. Now I've got Stay Once (complete), Earn when you Redeem (complete), September Bonus Offer (complete), and Registration Bonus (complete).

I see that my Achievement Bonus has changed from "Complete 6 of 7" to "Complete 6 of 9" (indicating that the bonus offers count toward the achievement bonus), yet is showing 33% even though I have 4 of the 9 marked complete.
I just had all mine updated as well. Looks like I have completed all but one task. I don't believe that the "bonus offers" count towards the Achievement Bonus. I think that the programmers just forgot to update the way the text counts the total on the completed item. I am guessing that those that have not completed their Achievement Bonus will still see that only the base offers will count.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I've been through most of this thread but could not find an answer, so pardon me if I missed a post about this already answered...

One of my tasks is to stay a night in any IHG property in these major US cities: New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington DC...and two others I can't recall.

My question. Does the property have to be in the physical boundaries of these cities? Specifically, would a stay at the HI or CP at Reagan airport be considered "Washington"? Or any other adjacent community like Alexandria or the Pentagon, Dulles, etc.? I've emailed IHG for a clarification and will post the answer.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Club Carlson Gold
If you click on the terms for that task, it lists the specific hotels valid. It's a random list.... some as far as 50 miles from city center.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by leggroom
If you click on the terms for that task, it lists the specific hotels valid. It's a random list.... some as far as 50 miles from city center.
Thank you. I've been unable to bring up the web page of the tasks to check such details. Will try again.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by parklife
I emailed them, then chased 2 weeks later and got the points the next day,
IHG Rewards Club reps are refusing to help me with this, saying:

I am pleased to inform you that you may still get your Achievement Bonus points as you have other 4 tasks to complete
So since my achievement bonus requires 4 out of 5, I should just ignore the impossible corporate code task and get on with my other 4 tasks.

Unbelievable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.