Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Renewed mine by phone for $200, the online renewal form did not want to accept my Canadian postal code, tried both browsers.
I had exactly the same issue in the UK - the postcode field has now been set to numeric only. I ended up putting a 1 in the postcode field and adding my real postcode to another line.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Won't work for you now, as you are already in 2015 and have already lost your Platinum status.

You needed to purchase Ambassador mid December whilst you were still Platinum Elite.
Which was the very reason why I did post my question mid December...

Anyway, I bought AMB while my status was still Plat and until now, my account remains AMB Plat. But afaik nobody has already been downgraded since January 1st. Nights and points were reset to 0 but status remained unchanged.

We will see in the next days...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
Can I still bought a AMB and prolong my platinium status, or its to late ? My status is still platinium
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
^ I don't think so. Ambassador status expiry is different to your Platinum status expiry. I believe that if you are downgraded to IHG Gold, you will continue as Ambassador until your Ambassador year ends.

Of course, as you probably already know, Ambassador status only has relevance at IC hotels.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
But right now I'm still platinium (should expire end 2014), I was never before an Ambassador.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Ambassadors buying part way through a year , are given Gold minimum, or Platinum if Platinum at time amb is purchased.

Then
a)If during year you reflag from Gold->Plat you get upgraded to Plat Amb
b)If Plat Amb, and you do not requal by nights/points by 31Decyyyy then you luckily keep Plat until Amb status runs out
So I wondering, did they prolong my platinium
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
We will see in the next days...
Please do keep us up to speed on this matter!!!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:14 am

My AMB expires 6/2015. But when I log in, there's a link allowing me to renew. There are 2 options-- $150 with 10K points credit, vs $200 with 15K points credit AND 10% off reward stays. A few questions--

1. If I choose to renew now, am I likely to receive the BOGO weekend certificate before my existing AMB expiration date of June 31?

2. I am under the impression that the 10% reward stay discount will stack with the 10% my Chase IHG credit card gives me, essentially giving me a 20% discount. Is this accurate?

3. Will this 10% discount apply to reward stays I already booked, but have not completed yet (from June to July)? The amount of points I spent on them is substantial.

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:51 pm

Sorry if this question has already been answered but what are the different options for renewing my Ambassador status and what are the various costs?

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by elgato
Sorry if this question has already been answered but what are the different options for renewing my Ambassador status and what are the various costs?

Thanks
200 USD if you want to renew with money.

32,000 IHG points for first application for Amb (not applicable in your case).

24,000 IHG points for Amb renewal.

You should see a link appear in your IHG profile several weeks before your Ambassador status expires inviting you to renew.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:16 am

Tried to renew today (Amb exp. 07/15) but the link only allows me to apply for a new membership.---> It was a cookie issue. Working now.

Last edited by aldemar; Jul 6, 2015 at 2:16 am
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:38 pm

I renewed my AMB status on 5/24 this year. The options I was presented were:

1. Renew for $150 USD and receive 10,000* bonus IHG® Rewards Club points
2. Renew for $200 USD and receive 15,000* bonus IHG® Rewards Club points plus a 10%** rebate on Reward Nights
3. Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using IHG® Rewards Club points
Renew using 24,000 of your IHG® Rewards Club points and receive 5,000* bonus points

I chose #2 for the bonus 10% rebate on IHG points. However, when I review my points balance, I see this:

May 24, 2015|Other|Ambassador Renewal|0 pts.|0 pts.

As you can see, I didn't get the 15K bonus points. Should I call IHG AMB program? Or try online chatting with them?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by DaveInLA

May 24, 2015|Other|Ambassador Renewal|0 pts.|0 pts.

As you can see, I didn't get the 15K bonus points. Should I call IHG AMB program? Or try online chatting with them?
No. It is an online redemption voucher that you wil receive with your packet in the mail. Once you go online with the code, the points credit immediately.

On a side note...

For anyone else who has the 10% rebate plan, are you seeing a delay in the 10% rebate being credited? I had a couple of reward stays in May and have yet to have the rebates posted to my account.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Quote:
On a side note...

For anyone else who has the 10% rebate plan, are you seeing a delay in the 10% rebate being credited? I had a couple of reward stays in May and have yet to have the rebates posted to my account.
Same here, have not received the rebate points for my May stays yet.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
the renewal form says it takes 4-6 weeks for the 10% rebate to be applied.

You will receive 10% of redeemed points back on all Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after each Reward Nights stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. The maximum number of points to be rebated shall not exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on non-Reward Night redemption items.
Looks like if it's longer than 6 weeks since your stay, you should be chasing it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by tangey
the renewal form says it takes 4-6 weeks for the 10% rebate to be applied.

Looks like if it's longer than 6 weeks since your stay, you should be chasing it.
is it only rabate on IC or all hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.