Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Tried to make some searches for award nights at the property and it seems that the whole inventory is blocked out. I'm hoping that the 70k increase was some system error.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by r0me0
Tried to make some searches for award nights at the property and it seems that the whole inventory is blocked out. I'm hoping that the 70k increase was some system error.
Not sure what you were doing , but just checked and there are plenty of nights available at 70k.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Not sure what you were doing , but just checked and there are plenty of nights available at 70k.
You’re right. For some reason the calendar preview for available nights shows everything blocked out but when I search single dates availability shows up.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Does this hotel have any availability on points? I searched several dates in September and October and it always says reward nights are not available.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by andreiz
Does this hotel have any availability on points? I searched several dates in September and October and it always says reward nights are not available.
IHG monthly grid of award availability does not work correctly for many hotels. Advice is to search 1day at a time for availability in these situations

you are looking too late, this is a very popular hotel, any reward nights for in demand periods in theyear get hoovered up 9-12months out.

you may find offpeak cool+cloudy months eg January available near to time of stay.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:57 pm

Is this hotel still allowed to book for free night certificate? Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Allowed yes, but depending on what dates you want to use it there may be challenges with availability. There have been reports of people having trouble finding the AMB WKND Certificate rate available even though Best Flexible is still offered (price is usually the same). The best option here is to plan plan further ahead and also keep checking if not immediately available.
VVN5 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite / Hilton Gold
Hoping to visit SE Asia in September/October 2019. Currently deliberating between IC Da Nang and IC Bali. Does anyone recommend one over the other?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jaffaq
Hoping to visit SE Asia in September/October 2019. Currently deliberating between IC Da Nang and IC Bali. Does anyone recommend one over the other?
depends which u want most, hotel or local area things to do. if not leaving hotel then definitely Da Nang
better hotel = da nang
more to do location = bali
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
depends which u want most, hotel or local area things to do. if not leaving hotel then definitely Da Nang
better hotel = da nang
more to do location = bali
Great thanks scubaccr.

I'm looking for a luxurious experience, with an excellent beach and pool selection. Bali is very appealing but I guess I could just stay at another (cheaper) hotel in the area and have a similar experience to the IC Bali.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The grounds and beach at the IC Bali are very good and for Bali hotels the beach is one of the very good ones. Bali beaches overall, when compared to other top beach places in the world, aren't that stunning though.

IC Danang is great, beach nice and all and should be warm and pleasant if you go in summer time. However, unless you are okay to have most of your meals and such at the hotel or have a 30min car ride each way to town every time you want to go somewhere outside the hotel grounds, you won't be a happy camper.

Familiarize yourself with the location of the IC Danang and what you plan to do when there and take it from there. YMMV.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:53 am

I'm having the same issue. Every night is blocked when I search with points or my Free Award Night.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Our 2nd stay at this beautiful IC property.

The General Manager, Juan Losada, is very attentive to the guests and is often seen checking small details in the hotel.

We noticed that the staff at the Club lounge had improved quite a bit from last year. Everyone is very nice and efficient.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 18, 2018 at 2:54 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Hi All

If I book points nights here what would you suggest as a fair budget per day for breakfast, dinner and a few drinks?

I'll probably end up booking using a combination of Ambassador Certificate, points and paid.

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by strickers
Hi All

If I book points nights here what would you suggest as a fair budget per day for breakfast, dinner and a few drinks?

I'll probably end up booking using a combination of Ambassador Certificate, points and paid.

Thanks

Last edited by NotTellYou; Jan 1, 2019 at 8:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.