Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JBa
With the abundance of restaurants in the area I only went twice to the lounge during my three day stay. So I don't know if there is any variation on the food offerings.
It was nice to be able to select something light, especially after having a Double-Double with fries from In N Out Burger. Now that was a nice surprise to see in Dallas.
I assume you got club and UG?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I assume you got club and UG?
Don't know about JBa's experience, but when I stay at IC Dallas I always get club and upgrade and I stay on the state government rate. The upgrade isn't always an executive suite, but its usually on the club floor. Trust me... at this IC that doesn't mean too much so don't get your hopes up!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:09 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Yes. Got upgrade to club floor and suite.
Back when I lived in Texas, I stayed there at least once a month for several years. Always got treated nice. Now I only stay there once a year, still same friendly treatment.
Hotel is dated, comparable to the IC FRA, but love to stay in Addison, great restaurants close by.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Paid access or pay for breakfast (if no lounge):

Europe
IC Amsterdam - no lounge, confirm pay for breakfast
IC Athens - 50€ plus tax/day
IC Berchtesgaden - no lounge
IC Berlin - no lounge access, can pay 39€/day for RA, 49€/day for Amb
IC Dusseldorf - no lounge access - can pay for 80€ , but free minibar snacks
IC Geneva - no lounge
IC Hamburg - no lounge, breakfast is 50% off
IC London Park Lane - 60£ or 20£ for breakfast
IC Moscow - 50% discount at 1775 RUB (normally 3450 RUB)
IC Paris Ave Marceau - no lounge, no breakfast coupons, drink cpn if dinner is purchased
IC Porto - no lounge, no breakfast coupons
IC Rome - no lounge, need to confirm if breakfast is free
IC Warsaw
I think IC Warsaw is in a wrong place. It already appears in "either a suite or club" list, which is my experience unless they decide to give you both a suite and club access anyway (which they sometimes do).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok, updated through all posts (leaving Warsaw as choice for now). Also, included latest info from RA experience thread.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Bucharest does not automatically give Club to RA's. Nor it is even an option when booking the cheapest room. They upgrade to junior suite per the current policy.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:30 pm

The OP can remove IC Kuala Lumour from the list.

They only upgrade to Grand Premier room which is nothing more than a refurbished room. It's not even described as an Executive room, though they say it is.

The executive floors are high up, yet they place RAs in the lower floors. If you want club access you have to pay for it.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
IC Shanghai Pudong

it has a lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:12 am

Recent experience:

Saigon: Policy is either club or suite, repeat guests often get both but not guaranteed. Very nice club.
Shanghai Puxi: Only one level upgrade to a better room, not suite. After complaining upgrade to a club room (not suite). Club is nice.
Shenzhen: Club (a bit above average) and suite
Sanya: Upgrade to suite, but need to buy club (worth the money, just a bit more than breakfast for two - restaurants in the hotel are expensive and just ok, club is great)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:08 pm

IC Prague: Lounge Access and Jr Suite w/river view (paid stay)
IC Madrid: Lounge Access and Club room (paid stay)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
IC Tokyo Bay - Club Access automatically offered (paid stay - never tried a reward stay there).

I am not sure if they even have a suite. Although it's listed on their Rooms page, it never comes up when trying to book a room, and neither have I ever been offered one.

IC Bucharest - variable. I have always been automatically offered a suite and club access but others are reporting otherwise.

IC the Strings Tokyo - the list in the thread currently says "Strings IC Tokyo - no lounge, but drinks in PM and breakfast cpns". Perhaps update it to "no lounge, but alcoholic drinks in the evening, soft drinks any time, and breakfast offfered". They are no longer using breakfast coupons but they have a "Club card" so to speak that you present when you use the free drinks/food in the bar/breakfast area.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Updated through today via this thread, RA experience thread, and IC's that respect award stays thread. ^
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Breakfast is not free in Rome even if they do not have a lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Breakfast is not free in Rome even if they do not have a lounge.
Right, you get breakfast "free" only if it is included in your rate.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Updated to date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.