Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]

Well who will be the first to stay at the old Hyatt new intercontinental?
I wonder how they will treat us old diamonds and new RAs
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:38 am

Details?

Im off to ADL tomorrow, staying at the Hilton though.

When is the Hyatt becoming an IC?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
When does it become an IC? A Hyatt Regency being rebranded as an IC shouts for extensive upgrading and renovation...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Been waiting for the official announcement after hearing of the rebranding a week or so back. Any firmer details on it?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

23rd of September. they are still being briefed on the PC way of life.
I wonder how they will get their heads around RA status
they have never been very big on comp UG to suites.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
So much for my stay at the Hyatt on points during OzFest next May.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Maybe I'll try to do the Adelaide OzFest after all...

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 11, 2009 at 5:36 am
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:10 pm

Haha, actually I just checked my itinerary again and I'll be at the Hyatt Regency this weekend! It's a shame it's not 2 weeks later, otherwise I could have tested out the hotel's treatment of RAs.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Well I am glad whoever voted for next Ozfest to be in Adelaide did so, I was completely on the fence, didint mind

awesome news
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
so what the old Holiday Inn will become?

I was upgraded to suite last month in the Holiday Inn. Sorry it will leave the system.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IC6A
so what the old Holiday Inn will become?
The owner of Holiday Inn Adelaide intends to sell the hotel shortly. Completion of the sale is currently due to take place in late September, at which time the hotel will cease to trade as a Holiday Inn and will be managed by the new owner. After this date, the hotel will no longer be available through our booking channels. If we hold a booking for you at Holiday Inn Adelaide beyond this date

Remember that the new Crowne Plaza Adelaide is opening in the 2nd quarter of 2010
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The owner of Holiday Inn Adelaide intends to sell the hotel shortly. Completion of the sale is currently due to take place in late September, at which time the hotel will cease to trade as a Holiday Inn and will be managed by the new owner. After this date, the hotel will no longer be available through our booking channels. If we hold a booking for you at Holiday Inn Adelaide beyond this date

Remember that the new Crowne Plaza Adelaide is opening in the 2nd quarter of 2010
The Holiday Inn is supposed to become a Grand Chancellor Hotel. They are still accepting bookings on the IHG website until Summer 2010. They have stated that they will not honour the Priority Privilege program benefits after September 29, 2009.

mxm135
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Now it's in the newspapers: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...003680,00.html

But still not showing on http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

And only a week away...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Austman
Australasian director of sales Anne Gill said the Hyatt would hand over management to the world's largest hotels group at midnight on that day with signage, uniforms and all internal materials to switch to the new moniker immediately.

Does it mean that guests will have a reception staff strip-tease if they check-in at midnight??
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
When does it become an IC? A Hyatt Regency being rebranded as an IC shouts for extensive upgrading and renovation...
The story in the link given above doesn't make it sound like extensive renovations are going to happen quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.