Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 2:13 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Only the IC SYD and MEL will show the upgrades prior to check in, given the benefit of an upgrade is at check in, not prior to it, not something that can be really complained about. Other ICs across the world may show the upgrade before arrival but thats just an unpublished perk.

Not sure why you were expecting a change at the hotel just because its changed brands, the staff are essentially the same and the service levels for non regulars is woeful by all accounts on the forums, until a new GM comes in I would not expect a seachange.
Old May 20, 2010, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
Only the IC SYD and MEL will show the upgrades prior to check in, given the benefit of an upgrade is at check in, not prior to it, not something that can be really complained about. Other ICs across the world may show the upgrade before arrival but thats just an unpublished perk.

No this is incorrect on 2 previous occasions it did show club upgrade at the ADL property.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:05 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
No this is incorrect on 2 previous occasions it did show club upgrade at the ADL property.
You missed the point, they are not required to show the upgrade prior to check in, I have had a couple of bookings at the IC ADL and never seen the upgrade before check in since they became an IC, you have received a benefit thats not part of the program, well done but please dont complain when it stops
Old May 23, 2010, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
you have received a benefit thats not part of the program, well done but please dont complain when it stops
I think as this is an open forum I can comment at will.
Old May 25, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
My Ambassador upgrade at IC Adelaide is not showing on my on-line reservation for this weekend.
Old May 25, 2010, 5:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
My upgrade for OZfest weekend has been showing for many weeks, didn't realise this was unusual.
Old May 26, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Noelene
My upgrade for OZfest weekend has been showing for many weeks, didn't realise this was unusual.
as a RA i asked them by email whether i could get club access instead of a room upgrade. they replied - only upgrade possible is to a riverview room IMHO that's the same upgrade a gold ambassador would get.
anyhow upon checking my upcoming reservations today i see that i have been upgraded to a club room ^
Old May 28, 2010, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Hi from the IC Adelaide.
I've not been able to find the 2010 'stay three nights, earn Ambassador' promo.
I'd love to use this stay towarw d that promo.

Can anyone please PM me the thread link or the IC page?

As PC Gold we were put into a nice riverview room on lvl 18.

It has been great to catch up with our fellow IC guests. ^

Compared to the Melbourne IC, there are a few upgrades necessary for these old rooms.
I agree the louvred closet doors should be updated and the TVs could be relocated onto the wall.

It has been a good experience and I'd love to have the three nights to Ambassador promo. Let me know if possible.

Would stay here again if I can get the promo.

Cheers, the BiziBBs
Old May 28, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Thanks for the promo link PM! I will try it now.

Already checked into a renovatedc King Dlx at the Hilton.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE;
as a RA i asked them by email whether i could get club access instead of a room upgrade. they replied - only upgrade possible is to a riverview room IMHO that's the same upgrade a gold ambassador would get.
anyhow upon checking my upcoming reservations today i see that i have been upgraded to a club room ^
I had the same type of experience with them today when I rang their reservations area to say I preferred Club access over a room upgrade. They offered me a river view room upgrade from the base level King Superior - I then said no I am Royal Ambassador so the upgrade should be to a club, executive or suite they then changed it to a Club King and it shows in my booking. I am starting to wonder if the general reservations staff have no clue and someone who does checks the reservation later.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:35 pm

Smile Club Intercontinental Suite Upgrade

I arrived here mid afternoon on a what looked like a quiet day for the Hotel.
This was my first stay since it changed hands from Hyatt to IC and I was upgraded without even asking to a 12th floor King Club Intercontinental Suite.
Plenty of room and very very fast internet compared to where I was last night (Sheraton On The Park-Sydney).
Given free internet and looking forward to 5:30 drinks.

Will post more later.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:20 pm

F&F rate Ambassador Suite upgrade?

If I use the family and friends rate at the ICN Adelaide for 3-4 nights and book a KING CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL SUITE, is it likely I'd be upgraded to a KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE using the Ambassador published benefit of guaranteed upgrade? I'm not an Ambassador at present so the $200 fee would be easily offset by the $300 saving per night on the executive suite. Anyone with specific experience in this regard? Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:18 pm

I phoned them and the answer was yes
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Last year received a nice room upgrade from Superior King to King River View on high floor. I am PC Platinum only, no Ambassador or RA status.

Will be heading back here soon for another stay of 3-4 nights. Hoping I might get a nice room again. Pondered whether to pay extra for the Club room to cover breakfasts etc. Does anyone know the hours for Club access, breakfast times and evening times please?

Also is it worth getting Ambassador status?

Finally, I dont relish having to pay the $40 per day for valet parking. Are there any cheaper alternatives for parking a car? It was unclear if you can do multiple entries/exits at the Convention Centre next door unless you are attending one of their functions.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't pay for the lounge to get breakfast, it isn't that amazing a breakfast offering and one of the cafes near the hotel would be a better bet

Ambassador status guarantees a 1 category upgrade , which it seems that you received anyway based on availability as a Platinum member. Do you think it is worth $200 to guarantee an upgrade and are you staying at weekends where the rooms are expensive enough to get value from the Ambassador weekend stay voucher

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.