Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I've asked them to cancel it, i.e. I decided to vote with my wallet. The last straw was my recent disappointing stay at Le Grand.
Good for you. ^^

I'm surprised that a hotel chain would give up on a customer that has stayed 56 nights and 38 of them at IC hotels . They don't deserve you as a customer.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 1:42 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
In the last 365 days, I've had 63 qualifying ICHG nights, including 53 nights at 22 different IC's on 4 continents. My expiration is September 30. My renewals posted on the first Saturday of July in both 2008 and 2007, so I expect to be renewed this Saturday July 4, 2009.

I'll let you know the outcome.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by antonius66
Probably because he was disgusted with staying 56 nights in a year and being downgraded and having to play these silly little games like counting nights and numbers. I would take my business elsewhere if I had to screw around with them over being downgraded after 56 nights with 32 being in an IC also. The benefits are not THAT great, yet they treat it like this big secret, and especially given the economy now, it is surprising that they are being so stingy to good customers.
Well, I am also HHonors Diamond and SPG Plat. It is not easy for me to keep top tier status with these three programs, and it involves a lot of personal discretionary spending, some of which I have moved away from FFPs, but they each have their own flavor and key benefits. IC RA is probably the one I value the most for upscale properties with a good geographical coverage. HHonors has the best geographical coverage, although with less impressive properties on average. SPG has outstanding properties in a limited number of locations. Bottom line, I will be happy if some coaxing (read grovelling and begging ) succeeds in my keeping RA for another year .
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Well, I am also HHonors Diamond and SPG Plat. It is not easy for me to keep top tier status with these three programs, and it involves a lot of personal discretionary spending, some of which I have moved away from FFPs, but they each have their own flavor and key benefits. IC RA is probably the one I value the most for upscale properties with a good geographical coverage. HHonors has the best geographical coverage, although with less impressive properties on average. SPG has outstanding properties in a limited number of locations. Bottom line, I will be happy if some coaxing (read grovelling and begging ) succeeds in my keeping RA for another year .
I totally agree that RA looks like a great program, but where I travel the most, there's 100000000000000000 Holiday Inn's and only a handful of ICs so I find SPG Plat fair enough.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by JOUY31
+1, except I prefer MR over HH, but thats just personal flavor I think.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by antonius66
The benefits are not THAT great, yet they treat it like this big secret, and especially given the economy now, it is surprising that they are being so stingy to good customers.
The benefits of the RA are better than those of the Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, or Marriott Platinum. SPG Platinum comes to closest.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
It's a price we pay for combined Six Continents and Priority Club programs.
Probably not a popular view here but they should only count nights at the IC's for RA upgrade/renewal.

Doesn't really make sense that someone that spends three nights at three different IC's and rest at dumpy HI's gets RA compared to someone that spend close to 50 nights at IC's.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:51 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
Probably not a popular view here but they should only count nights at the IC's for RA upgrade/renewal.
Yeah, you're right, probably not a popular view. I am one of those people who spends oodles of nights in non IC properties for work and then spends most of my vacation time in ICs.

Funny thing is if it weren't for RA I'd be redeeming them at ICs instead of paying there to help maintain RA...now isn't that interesting.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can see online that I have been renewed for another year of RA, but it will probably take a while for my new card to arrive. I don't know how many nights I have done, but I would guess at least 50 over the last year, maybe 60-40 HI to IC ratio with many different IC's.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The benefits of the RA are better than those of the Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, or Marriott Platinum. SPG Platinum comes to closest.
Disagree, I would rank:

IC RA
Hyatt Diamond (with new confirmed suite upgrades, free internet, matching SPG on the redemption side)
SPG Plat
Marriott Plat
Hilton Diamond

Sadly Marriott and Hilton, two at the bottom of the pack, are most uniquitous in terms of properties -- so whether you can take advantage of the better programs really depends on your travel patterns.

The things that really make IC RA shine are delivering on suites, minibar, and early checkin.

Hyatt now is getting better about suites. SPG plat is good, but is so darn property dependent on whether or not they deliver.

Marriott and Hilton may occasionally deliver a suite, but the programs themselves specifically say suites are not part of the upgrade benefit
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Post Calculating One Year stay/nights.

[

As a relatively new FT I am still unable to find how to calculate my one year stay. I used all the links provided in related threads and posts. I need more help. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
[

As a relatively new FT I am still unable to find how to calculate my one year stay. I used all the links provided in related threads and posts. I need more help. Thanks.
I know of only two ways. Hack the IHG website or call Ambassador Services. Guess which one is easier?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
If you go to the general information sticky and click on the "full year say info" link, it will take you to a link within another thread with instructions.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
[

You couldn't have used ALL the links in related threads otherwise you would have found this:
https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ansaction=1100

Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:24 pm

Doesn't really make sense that someone that spends three nights at three different IC's and rest at dumpy HI's gets RA compared to someone that spend close to 50 nights at IC's.
Frankly, it is their program and they can do as they wish regarding the number of nights/chains/etc that they require to requalify. However, it is HIGHLY annoying that they don't publish this or at least tell you roughly how many nights you need to get to their top tier. I too will probably dump IHG if I don't get my RA renewel after my 7 "end of June" nights post and I call in to grovel next week. It's really not worth the aggravation and stress not knowing what you need to do to requalify.

If they want to base it fully on IC stays (which I agree, they probably should), then fine. If they want to base it on total IHG stays with a minimum number of IC stays, then fine too. If they want to base it on the top 1% of something, then that is also fine. If they want to even base it on a certain minimum reveneue, FINE. But publish the freaking requirements (or at least what got people qualified the previous year if they go the top 1% route) so that we know what we need to do to requalify!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.