Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy
Hi wonderbret - Are these your words or are they part of the original mail?

If they are part of the original mail - I would think it should be OK for everybody to book this rate.

Thanks
Those were in the original email, not my words.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Did it include a different name than the OP's link?
Could you PM me the link or post it here?
Will do.

If anyone else wants the 'official' link which PC has released into the Ambassador private community then PM me. Prices will be the same as the link posted earlier so only do it if you definitely intend to book.

Let me clarify - these rates do NOT earn PC points, it is stated numerous times including in the rate descriptor. Some hotels may let them slip through but consider yourself lucky and don't ask PC for them in arrears.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
these rates do NOT earn PC points
Do they get RA / Plat privileges and do the nights post?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:29 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by lemieux66
Hi NAWATWAL,

do I get this rigth or is this a pre-1-April joke?

The family rate goes in hand with points, qualifying nights and all benefits as RA ???
This would be to good to be true
100% correct, I have stayed over 4-5 times on friends and Family at IC Park Lane, it used to be a fully flexible booking also before.

I stayed last year in July for 7 nights for a superb £109 plus vate (£130 all in). I could only book Classic room. This was a steal.

I got upgraded to exec room with full minibar and all RA benefits, rate does say no points but I have had always the full quota of points post. I have also used BOGOF with this before.

Last time I stayed on Friends and Family at IC Park Lane was in late December 2008, they have changed the Friends and Family rate. it is now £142 inc vat now for classic room, £20 extra for superior room etc. Now it is a non refundable advance booking and yes I got full benefits and points posted.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:55 am
uk1
Suspended

Deleted - incorrect info

Last edited by uk1; Mar 2, 2009 at 4:07 am
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Do they get RA / Plat privileges and do the nights post?
Not clear. Can't see how you can get nights without points, since both rely on a 'qualifying stay'.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Not clear. Can't see how you can get nights without points, since both rely on a 'qualifying stay'.
For those rates, I wouldn´t mind so much not receiving points.
But I´m planning 2 longer stays at IC properties, which will secure my family-vacation AND my RA-status-requalification.

So what´s really essential for me, is the question, if those stays count as qualifying nights.

I suppose, no points = no qualifying night, though

I don´t want to count on my luck, that these noghts "slip through" as
qualif.-nights.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:19 am

Yeah, my main concern would be RA benefits. I could live without a few thousand points for a stay.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:59 am
uk1
Suspended

I think my earlier post about the ethics of this was misplaced, because it's quite clear that ICHG (or at least one executive says) that they are content for this offer to be broadcast.

It's now my impression that ICHG are experimenting with viral marketing as I assume that this offer hasn't been published in the normal sense and that the only way that this offer will be redeemed is through viral marketing. This approach would help ICHG understand and enable them to tell how effective viral marketing is.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by uk1
This approach would help ICHG understand and enable them to tell how effective viral marketing is.
See it the same way.
And this approach helps ICH to experience, how price-sensitive customers are.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Sorry that I needed to redact the earlier links. Someone felt the need to call an IHG tipline and report the thread while mentioning the word "fraud". While I am sure that their heart was in the right place, rest assured this is perfectly legit and soon someone else will be posting their link (they are an employee who will get the benifit from this).
There was never any incentive that I would have received from this and I was not doing it for any reason other than to help people save some money. Sorry about any confusion!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Advance purchase requirement is not obvious at first,
but rate quotes I tested in Thailand/Arizona both
showed 14 day advance purchase required.
Anybody able to book just a few days out?
...answering my own question...

after checking more rates:
at Holiday Inn CHENGDU WEST CENTURY CITY
the F&F rate only requires 7-day Advance.

So it is variable....
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by wonderbret
Sorry that I needed to redact the earlier links. Someone felt the need to call an IHG tipline and report the thread while mentioning the word "fraud". While I am sure that their heart was in the right place, rest assured this is perfectly legit

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 12:50 pm
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wonderbret
Sorry that I needed to redact the earlier links. Someone felt the need to call an IHG tipline and report the thread while mentioning the word "fraud". While I am sure that their heart was in the right place, rest assured this is perfectly legit and soon someone else will be posting their link (they are an employee who will get the benifit from this).
There was never any incentive that I would have received from this and I was not doing it for any reason other than to help people save some money. Sorry about any confusion!
I'm not certain of the full story - or who in fact asked you to change your post (mods or ICHG?) - but assuming it was someone calling the mods - it does seem that this was misplaced as ICHG have stated quite clearly it can be "passed on".
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
bogof syd?

hi,

i'm very interested in the friends and family offer - currently planing stays at
IC sydney
CP changi
IC singapore.

would this cover breakfast too?

also, can i use my ambassador free weekend night certificate with this?

many thanks

Last edited by morepointsplease; Mar 3, 2009 at 5:34 pm Reason: notification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.