Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I value the SPG nights at 7K points each and the IHG nights at 20K points each (reductions in each case for restrictions).
Hmmm, you only value the SPG Free Nights at 7k SPG pts apiece? I'd certainly value them higher, probably closer to 10k-12k pts. Yes, they can't be used during the week, but they aren't capacity controlled at all, they are valid until Oct 2009, and you can use them for a free night at many of the St Regis and other extremely high end-properties that normally run you 20k pts (and 25k pts during peak season in the past).

As far as valuing the PC free nights, IMHO it's too early to value them accurately as there are just too many unknowns. If the Free Night Inventory is the same as the standard Reward Night Inventory, then I'd probably value the PC nights at about 25k PC pts and of course try to redeem at high end IC properties such as Amstel, HKG, Bora Bora, Paris, etc. However we really don't know what to expect. PC very well could black out almost all inventory at all the good properties and we'd be left redeeming at only crappy Holiday Inns and some Crowne Plazas. In that case, I'd value the free PC nights at about 10-15k per night. Too bad there's no precedent with the PC free nights so we don't really know what to expect. And worse, we won't EVER know what to expect until the promo is over since redemption doesn't start until after the promo ends on July 3. It would have been nice if redemptions started immediately. That way we could see what availability would be like based on reports from other FTers. But right now we will all be earning these free nights and could be stuck with something virtually worthless if we can't get a decent redemption value out of it.

Hmmm, that's got me wondering, can we check award availability and start booking on that link after we've earned a free night? Or do we have to wait until July 3rd to even book the free nights? Either way, I'm not registering for the PC promo until mid-June and then I'll do 8 nights and then be done with PC after my 8th stay until this promo ends on July 4th. ^
Old Apr 26, 2009, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Hmmm, that's got me wondering, can we check award availability and start booking on that link after we've earned a free night? Or do we have to wait until July 3rd to even book the free nights? en be done with PC after my 8th stay until this promo ends on July 4th. ^
Beginning May 22. It's in the terms!
Old Apr 26, 2009, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, you only value the SPG Free Nights at 7k SPG pts apiece? I'd certainly value them higher, probably closer to 10k-12k pts. Yes, they can't be used during the week, but they aren't capacity controlled at all, they are valid until Oct 2009, and you can use them for a free night at many of the St Regis and other extremely high end-properties that normally run you 20k pts
My valuations are proprietary.

No, seriously, I value the free weekend nights at at least 7K, but really no more than 10K. September 27 is the last day for redeeming them, and there is almost always a category 4 available where I need to stay. Staying at a Cat 6 is nice, though, and I appreciate it.

I've been told by PC that the free night awards will come from standard award inventory. Hopefully that's true.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I agree with cautions expressed here.

"I've been told by PC that the free night awards will come from standard award inventory. Hopefully that's true."

Not what T&Cs say--restricted availability. That's what scares me off. I'd rather get something I can count on--base and elite bonus points until I hear field reports. I can see some difficulty getting nights when you want at choice properties, e.g. IC Hong Kong. At least with points you can book where and when you want, provided normal rooms are available of course.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Not what T&Cs say--restricted availability.
Award nights at IHG also have restricted availability (aka capacity controls). There are no blackout dates, but that just means that a hotel has to allocate at least 5% of standard rooms to award nights as I understand PCR's policies.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by superdawg
Earn triple points when you book your weekend stay at any of the following five InterContinental hotels between April 1 and July 31, 2009.

* InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa
* InterContinental The Clement Monterey
* InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
* InterContinental San Francisco
* InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../ictriple.html
will this conflict with the Biggest Free Nights promotion?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:33 pm

I've been told by PC that the free night awards will come from standard award inventory. Hopefully that's true.
Well, I certainly hope that's so. And I'm definitely glad that you heard that. But I'll still be skeptical until we get some firsthand reports of FTers trying to redeem their free nights and comparing with regular Reward Night inventory.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I certainly hope that's so. And I'm definitely glad that you heard that. But I'll still be skeptical until we get some firsthand reports of FTers trying to redeem their free nights and comparing with regular Reward Night inventory.
I definitely remain skeptical as well.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: RA
Yes--as an alternative to the Biggest Free Nights Offer.
Terms: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html

thanks

Last edited by Abdulmalik100; Jun 20, 2009 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:59 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Last couple of months I've registered for quite a few of the promos, but nothing is showing in my offers except the old Anniversary bonus.
So I guess you'd have to stay, and see if any surprises post
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
This offer was also advertised in the weekend press. The Independent ad had this link: holidayinn.co.uk/rooms - other papers had different suffixes

I found some £29 Holiday Inn rooms for the August Bank Holiday weekend and other dates. They are much, much lower than other rates, in most cases better than the F&F and 2nd night 'free' rates.

Does anybody know whether they are good for points and/or stay credit? I thought of asking the 'help' desk and imagined I would get the >30% form response so would value the thoughts of FTers.

N.B. Bookings must be made by today!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Gold/SC, US Silver, HH Gold, PC Gold
17390 for 2 nights

Glad I found this forum...2 night stay got me 17390 points!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Roger
This offer was also advertised in the weekend press. The Independent ad had this link: holidayinn.co.uk/rooms - other papers had different suffixes

Does anybody know whether they are good for points and/or stay credit?]
I don't know. The terms of these promos often specify one way or the other, but there is no mention here-- http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...ersale/tc.html

Rate code: IDAVR
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, soitgoes. I'm inclined to book and hope that as points/miles are not specifically excluded, we will earn them. Now there's optimism.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:51 pm

Yes--as an alternative to the Biggest Free Nights Offer.
Terms: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html
deleted

Last edited by Exleftseat; Apr 27, 2009 at 12:54 pm Reason: found link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.